Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Things I Love About Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things I Love About Jesus (540 Views)

Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death! / 10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / See What The Us Govt Is Saying About Jesus Christ, The Bible, And Christians!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things I Love About Jesus by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2011
Jesus Christ of Nazareth was no ordinary man. He lived a life which caused people to either love Him with all their heart or, as some did, to reject Him as a farce. For me, He is everything good encapsulated in one Man. The more I learn about Him, the more wonderful He becomes in my eyes. Here are some of His special characteristics which makes me love Him more and more.

He didn’t expect anything from His followers that He was not prepared to do or to go through Himself

He is the Son of God, but did not expect preferential treatment or a reserved seat in church

He had one message behind closed doors and out in the open. He didn’t concoct secret and deceptive ways to get people to follow Him.

He spoke the truth, no matter the cost. More than that, He is the Truth.

He wasn’t afraid to show His emotions. Jesus wept. Jesus was filled with joy. Jesus got angry when church was turned into a business venture. He confessed the distress He felt as the time of His death was coming near.

He was tender and gentle towards women and children. He hugged and blessed the children. He showed kindness and mercy to women -something uncommon in those days.

He wasn’t impressed with people’s religious titles. He looked at the condition of their hearts. He called a hypocrite a hypocrite and didn’t mince words with self-righteous church people who looked down their noses at “sinners” and “outsiders.”

He welcomed the questions of those who came to Him with a humble attitude, wanting to learn more. He often ignored the questions of the “know-it-alls.”

He was eager to[b] forgive t[/b]hose who repented of their wrong ways.

He prayed for those who hurt Him. He prayed for His followers and enemies alike. - Very much unlike Muhammad

He enjoyed a good meal with His friends and even cooked breakfast for them on one occasion.

He delivered jaw-dropping wise teachings, which left even His enemies in awe.

He searched out the “losers” of society and extended kindness to them. He restored their dignity by placing them back on their feet –sometimes quite literally as He healed the lame.

He didn’t consider Himself too important to touch the sick –even those with skin diseases.

He trusted God even at a time when it appeared that God had deserted Him.

He lived for others. From the time He got up in the morning until the time He went to bed, He searched for ways to extend kindness and mercy to others. Although He is the Son of God, He was prepared to place His own plans second to the needs of others.

He gave without any strings attached. Ten lepers were healed. Only one returned to thank Him and yet He didn’t take back the healing of the ungrateful nine who went on their way without giving Him a second thought. Just like His Father in heaven, He was kind to the grateful and the ungrateful. He makes His sun to shine….

He extended kindness to those who belonged to His own group (the Jews) and to the outsiders alike.

He went from being popular to being rejected by the same people who followed Him and yet He remained the same and His love for His friends didn’t change when they deserted Him.

He was not swayed by popular opinion. He didn’t judge by mere appearances or listen to the latest rumours to make up His mind about someone.

He took the punishment for others, although He was completely innocent of any transgression.

He gave all of Himself to be delivered over to death, so that others may live.

He defied death, hell and the grave and lives forever more!

http://jesuscarriesme./
Re: Things I Love About Jesus by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2011
d only thing i lykd about him was that he was smart enuf 2 fool almost half d world and continues to do so. its certainly an achievement, considering a dead man. cool

frosbel:
He is the Son of God, but did not expect preferential treatment or a reserved seat in church

wat do u mean, u poor deluded son of a diesel engine   isnt his idol stuck at d center of evry friggin church    

how much mor does he need to reserve angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Church? / A Wheelbarrow Using Learner / Do you Know That The Lord Created 'evil' For His Own Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.