Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? (1078 Views)

7 Most Beautiful Cities To Visit In Nigeria - Pictures / 12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by KashApp: 1:39pm On Mar 05, 2022
So this morning, I had "nice" argument with some guys in my street during what we call "monthly cleaning". Then, one came up with "it's government's responsibility" and stuff like that so argument started.

Long story short, they started mentioning beautiful cities in Nigeria. But there's this particular guy that travels a lot (as far as I know, he has been to UAE, SA and some countries in Europe) who said, the only cities in Nigeria are Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt and that, the rest are just towns. He claimed to have been to many states in Nigeria. Well, I just feel he was just showing off though.

So later, the most mentioned cities are;

(1) Lagos (although they claimed only few places are beautiful in Lagos)

(2). PH

(3) Akure

(4). Asaba

(5). Abuja

(6). Owerri

(7). Enugu

(8.). Uyo

(9.). Calabar

(10). Ibadan

I've not been to Eastern parts of Nigeria so I no know wetin dey sup there. And I also noticed that, they didn't mention Northern parts too so maybe they didn't know about that area too.

So what are your top 10 guys?

PLEASE NOTE THAT, NO PARTICULAR ORDER...IT WAS JUST RANDOM MENTION.

I wanna learn wink
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by YeyeGbami: 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
Na lagos suppose fine pass but it has been overran
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by CatANDratTHEORY: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
Remove Owerri and put Abakaliki. Abakaliki has grown to be a nice city with the best road network in the South East and one of the bests in the country.

Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by CatANDratTHEORY: 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
More

Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by KashApp: 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2022
CatANDratTHEORY:
Remove Owerri and put Abakaliki. Abakaliki has grown to be a nice city with the best road network in the South East and one of the bests in the country.
Lols.... I've not been to any of the states in the East. Those were the mentioned cities. Thanks!
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Totilopussylick(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2022
Abakaliki is arguably one of the best developed state currently, followed by Uyo State.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Karlovych: 2:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
Iragbiji City
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Gloriagee(f): 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
Uyo state

Totilopussylick:
Abakaliki is arguably one of the best developed state currently, followed by Uyo State.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Gloriagee(f): 2:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
Abeokuta is often under rated
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by OkayBye: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
The list is okay for top 10 but personally, I think Kaduna is beautiful enough to make top 10 in Nigeria. I went to Abakaliki and Enugu this year January and I loved the two cities. ESN should just have a rethink and stop damaging those places.
Gloriagee:
Abeokuta is okay but presently cannot make top 10 but its okay and peaceful. ABK is just has the normal 'State Capital' look. The government of Ogun needs to look at their counterparts...some states are fast growing.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by YourFavorite21(m): 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
For me it's

1.Abuja
2.Enugu
3.Lagos
4.Port Harcourt
5.Kano
6.Ákwá Ibom
7.Kaduna
8.Ebonyi
9.Delta
10.Anambra

I have been to these places, and many other states too.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by KashApp: 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2022
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Malory: 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
Iragbiji
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by ibechris(m): 4:07pm On Mar 07, 2022
Gloriagee:

With brown roofs grin
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
Gloriagee:

And rightly so… smiley
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Gloriagee(f): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2022
Awon haters...

pocohantas:

And rightly so… smiley
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2022
Gloriagee:
Awon haters...

Lol. It is a serene town, but that is about it. Nothing beautiful or grand. OP didn’t have to make it 10 sef. He should have stopped at two - FCT and Uyo. Nothing fine about PH, Enugu and Asaba. With PH being the overhyped one. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Gloriagee(f): 5:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ah ah, u have now come for the beaurriful garden city with top notch flyovers
pocohantas:

Lol. It is a serene town, but that is about it. Nothing beautiful or grand. OP didn’t have to make it 10 sef. He should have stopped at two - FCT and Uyo. Nothing fine about PH, Enugu and Asaba. With PH being the overhyped one. lipsrsealed
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
Gloriagee:
Ah ah, u have now come for awa garden city with top notch flyovers grin

Nothing special about PH. I prefer to relocate to my village than to stay in that over-expensive and grossly imbalanced city. They just stay come make everything expensive for themselves. Nawa!
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by GloriousGbola: 5:22pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Nothing special about PH. I prefer to relocate to my village that to stay in that over-expensive and grossly imbalanced city. They just stay come make everything expensive for themselves. Nawa!

obligatory PH apparel

welcome to the smoky city. let us fill your lungs with soot

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by CatANDratTHEORY: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Those ain't states, but capitals.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Gloriagee(f): 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
When u come into town, u most likely stay in some high brow part of town where everything is over priced.

pocohantas:

Nothing special about PH. I prefer to relocate to my village that to stay in that over-expensive and grossly imbalanced city. They just stay come make everything expensive for themselves. Nawa!
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
Gloriagee:
Shuu, why u dey demarket us like this? We no so bad o. We get soot and other issues but we no bad like that.

When u come into town, u most likely stay in some high brow part of town where everything is over priced. I had a culture shock when I moved there at first too. Like guava N500 but after a while, I got the hang of it. Ditto for Abuja too.

Isn’t that a general PH problem? Abi make I go stay for batcher? Hahahaha

One reason I love Lagos is, you can get a bit of everything without necessarily going to the slum (no disrespect meant). But you see that una PH? Hmmm. Abj was just too slow for me. I would love to visit again, if not for anything, for the afang and plantain chips in Biobak Kitchen.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by Gloriagee(f): 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

One reason I love Lagos is, you can get a bit of everything without necessarily going to the slum (no disrespect meant). But you see that una PH? Hmmm. Abj was just too slow for me. I would love to visit again, if not for anything, for the afang and plantain chips in Biobak Kitchen.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by folake4u(f): 8:30pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

One reason I love Lagos is, you can get a bit of everything without necessarily going to the slum (no disrespect meant). But you see that una PH? Hmmm. Abj was just too slow for me. I would love to visit again, if not for anything, for the afang and plantain chips in Biobak Kitchen

Hmm. Please visit soon oh. cheesy tongue

I'd definitely visit that Biobak Kitchen, thanks for recommending. smiley
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 8:47pm On Mar 07, 2022
folake4u:

Hmm. Please visit soon oh. cheesy tongue

I'd definitely visit that Biobak Kitchen, thanks for recommending. smiley

Hopefully I do. The Biobak came highly recommended. They claimed it was where OBJ used to eat in his days. Their plantains chips is the bomb sha. I packed plenty and put it on my organisation’s tab. lipsrsealed
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by sageb: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Apart from the black soot atmospheric hazard, PH is cool
We like our PH like that
The Nation's garden city
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by folake4u(f): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

Hopefully I do. The Biobak came highly recommended. They claimed it was where OBJ used to eat in his days. Their plantains chips is the bomb sha. I packed plenty and put it on my organisation’s tab. lipsrsealed

Yeah I'd really like that. cheesy

Wow nice. Hope their menu nor too cost oh? lipsrsealed
I'd definitely check this out with friends.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2022
folake4u:

Yeah I'd really like that. cheesy

Wow nice. Hope their menu nor too cost oh? lipsrsealed
I'd definitely check this out with friends.

I am sure it was nothing expensive, about 3k for a plate then. Never seen a walk-in restaurant with such extensive menu. Even kulikuki and tanfirin was there.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by pocohantas(f): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2022
sageb:

Apart from the black soot atmospheric hazard, PH is cool
We like our PH like that
The Nation's garden city

I know say una like am. I am not kuku dragging your PH with you o. Enjoy your soot.
Re: What Are Your Top 10 Beautiful Cities In Nigeria? by folake4u(f): 9:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
pocohantas:

I am sure it was nothing expensive, about 3k for a plate then. Never seen a walk-in restaurant with such extensive menu. Even kulikuki and tanfirin was there.

Ah definitely, would love it then.

Thank you. You're the best!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Confirm 103 Wedding Guests Dead In Boat Mishap / I Want To Travel Out / Ghana Pple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.