Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,494 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car (2101 Views)

Peppery/ Burning Eyes While Driving / Man Filmed Driving A Self-made Car On The Streets Of Lagos (photos) / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by bobogee007(m): 4:29pm On Mar 05, 2022
*GOOD EVENING ELDERS IN THE HOUSE, PLESE I NEED YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT AN ISSUE*

*A CUSTOMER HAS A LEXUS Gs350 CAR THAT PEPPERS HIM IN THE EYE WHEN HE IS DRIVING EVEN WHEN AC IS OFF*
[b][/b]

*PLESE WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE AND SOLUTION?*
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by laivwire(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2022
Smoke is entering the cabin.

Another option, tyres may be rubbing against the wheel arch sending dust into the cabin. Does this happen when the windows are wound up or down?

5 Likes

Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by bobogee007(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
Thanks for the response sir .

I don't think it is the tyre cos it is well placed and same as it was when the car wasn't peppering the eye
And this happens both when windows are up and down.
One even can perceive the smell of the not-so-clean air
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by bobogee007(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
Thanks for the response sir .

I don't think it is the tyre cos it is well placed and same as it was when the car wasn't peppering the eye
And this happens both when windows are up and down.
One even can perceive the smell of the not-so-clean air
Where the smoke is coming from seem to be unknown even after a rewire checked
laivwire:
Smoke is entering the cabin.

Another option, tyres may be rubbing against the wheel arch sending dust into the cabin. Does this happen when the windows are wound up or down?

Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by kernniejay(m): 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2022
I'm not sure but I think one of these could be the problem:
1. Exhaust pipe is leaking underneath the car and the smoke is finding its way into the car.
2. Engine is emitting smoke from the exhaust manifold and the smoke is finding its way into the cabin probably due to depleted firewall (The wall that seperates the engine compartment from the dashboard inside the car).
3. The basic thing is that the engine is already smoking probably due to worn out rings, valve seals or using wrong oil grade for a long time.
Car gurus, I stand to be corrected.
cc: GAZZUZZ, nurey, buygala, HeavenlyBang, kingreign, diportivo, Valarinz, Ikenna351, siena, luvinhubby, Egunmogaji et al.
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by aieromon(m): 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2022
Exhaust fumes is finding its way into the cabin. Detect and block the leak.
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by TPound(m): 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2022
bobogee007:
*GOOD EVENING ELDERS IN THE HOUSE, PLESE I NEED YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT AN ISSUE*

*A CUSTOMER HAS A LEXUS Gs350 CAR THAT PEPPERS HIM IN THE EYE WHEN HE IS DRIVING EVEN WHEN AC IS OFF*
[b][/b]

*PLESE WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE AND SOLUTION?*

That car is emitting dangerous fumes into the cabin section of the car...
Have a competent engineer check the emission system and fix...too much inhalation of carbon monoxide is fatal...
If possible,stop driving the car until it's rectified

1 Like

Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by bobogee007(m): 7:41am On Mar 06, 2022
The exhaust has been thoroughly checked and no sign of leaking.
For the number 2 option, how can it be fixed please
kernniejay:
I'm not sure but I think one of these could be the problem:
1. Exhaust pipe is leaking underneath the car and the smoke is finding its way into the car.
2. Engine is emitting smoke from the exhaust manifold and the smoke is finding its way into the cabin probably due to depleted firewall (The wall that seperates the engine compartment from the dashboard inside the car).
3. The basic thing is that the engine is already smoking probably due to worn out rings, valve seals or using wrong oil grade for a long time.
Car gurus, I stand to be corrected.
cc: GAZZUZZ, nurey, buygala, HeavenlyBang, kingreign, diportivo, Valarinz, Ikenna351, siena, luvinhubby, Egunmogaji et al.
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by zabimaru: 4:57am On Mar 07, 2022
bobogee007:
Let them check the exhaust thoroughly, from the manifold inside the engine bay to the tail pipe.
Most likely a bad exhaust manifold gasket
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by bobogee007(m): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2022
Pls is there how I can explain the manifold to a lay man. The car was diagnosed with a machine and o2 sensor with Air flow meter was the issue found. Going to fix that today
zabimaru:

Let them check the exhaust thoroughly, from the manifold inside the engine bay to the tail pipe.
Most likely a bad exhaust manifold gasket
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by excess4luv: 2:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
Your issue isn't far from a defective sensor.
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by myhero: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2022
Does d car owner supply pepper with that car?? If yes, then no need to complain but if no, then let the car owner check if there is any Cameroon pepper in d car.. Probably Cameroon pepper fell out while they were unpacking food items they bought from the market.. I come in peace

1 Like

Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by kernniejay(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
bobogee007:
. Let a competent technician check it for you.
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by byteem: 10:15am On Mar 11, 2022
Well this randomly happened to me some weeks back.. extreme peppery feeling in my car I had to wind down and let fresh air in but it only got worse.. car is intact no issues at all bought brand new.. parked at a filling station washed my face only then did I get relief.. later found out tear gas was released a like 10 miles away.. pretty far from where i was but wind travels .. if it's a one off then don' make such issues .. sometimes accumulated gas in the air causes it . Even overtly dry air can cause it too.. especially during this dry season it may not necessarily mean the car is faulty
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by Besto(m): 10:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
bobogee007:
Pls is there how I can explain the manifold to a lay man. The car was diagnosed with a machine and o2 sensor with Air flow meter was the issue found. Going to fix that today

Fix both and you are good to go.

It's unburnt fuel that is pushing smoke to your cabin.

Experienced it before.
Re: Peppery /burning Eyes While Driving A Car by Arysexy(m): 2:16am On Mar 13, 2022
bobogee007:

The Air flow meter is d culprit. Have experienced that before.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Baby Boy Vs Toyota Camry 1999 / Oil Running Low? Mpg Very Poor? Visible Crud Deposits On Dipstick Or Valve Cover / How To Get A Cheap Car Loan (3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.