Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir (62499 Views)

Live Chickens Given To Guests As Souvenir At An Event / Erelu Okin: Fuel Shared As Souvenir At Chidima Ogbulu's Installation Party / Tomatoes And Fresh Pepper Shared As Souvenir At A Wedding In Lagos (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by crackhouse(m): 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Wow the govt is very active here. How I wish they will be this active when called to come and quench fire in a burning house.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by blackboy(m): 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
The hypocrisy and eye service in this Lagos no get part 3.

They might as well seal cars where owners are smoking. Also seal homes where petrol is stored or cooking gas cylinders are stored.

Yes the petrol is a risk but these were well stored and shared. Not scooping from a fallen tanker
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by jrusky(m): 10:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
What kind of idiotic action is this? What oncern event premises with petrol souvenir? Is it the building that told the woman to distributed petrol?

Pls what is the crime of that building if I may ask?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by VicM6: 10:13pm On Mar 05, 2022
Totilopussylick:
So it's a crime to give out what you can afford

Enemies of progress tongue
Baba, the devil is a liar. This one wan burn down lagos state..lol
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Friend22(m): 10:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
Totilopussylick:

May sense fall on you.

Is that the right place to do such thing??

Is like serving one fried rice on a heap of smelling putrid dustbin..

Shey Petrol station don finish ni?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Friend22(m): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2022
lexy2014:

It's a stupid decision. Is it the event centre that organised the party? Are they the ones that shared fuel or did they no that those that hired the facility where going to share fuel? If they are serious, they should arrest those who shared fuel
..Oga,no reasonable person will day this.

The one who provides the platform for such is more guilty and culpable than the one who did sthe act.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by abbey621(m): 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
ComeToJesus:

Too pedestrian for me to respond.

Yet that's exactly what you did...... grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Shikini: 10:31pm On Mar 05, 2022
Useless LASG
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by EPIJOE: 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
THIS IS PURE OPPRESSION ON THE POOR, WE HEARD THE MANAGER FOUGHT BACK TO RESIST BUT HE WAS OVER POWERED. BY THE SECURITY DETAILS OF THE MIGHTY.

WHY NOT ARREST THE CELEBRAN T
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Magnoliaa(f): 11:19pm On Mar 05, 2022
Totilopussylick:

222 likes. And it's FUNNY that these are the guys that come on here to be insulting their mamas and forming redpillers and don onto women's matter, and morality and whatnot. grin grin grin grin No, fr. This is actually hilarious. I don't even feel disgust or anger at this senseless comment. Like, your comment is one huge comic relief. grin cheesy cheesy

The other time, it was another one who doesn't know what cocktails are, and now this. grin grin

grin grin Just imagine the range of this one's understanding on human, societal, equality and social justice issues. Just imagine. grin grin grin Kai. Na the people wey go dey take una serious for me oo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by fabienjoe: 11:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Public safety overrides every other consideration. The organizers of that event were reckless and thoughtless to the point of criminality..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by goaldynboy: 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Uselesssss country.

During election time, politicians have been distributing worst fuel to the public but no single arrest was made, Few months now to 2023 election, they will start distributing their useless fuel, no arrest will be made . They victimized the poor and the voiceless so much in this good for nothing contraption.

That was kerosene not fuel!

Know the difference!!
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by JohnSP99: 12:05am On Mar 06, 2022
Totilopussylick:

This is very wrong, how can you be sharing a flammable substance in a public sphere which can put both lives and properties in danger with the carelessness of Nigerians. They did not even think of their own safety at the party first. what if a fire outbreak had happened at the event, is this the news we would be reading now. At least this will deter any other people trying to think of doing same
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by fkj950ax(m): 12:23am On Mar 06, 2022
incogni2o:
Is it not the organizers that should be arrested.

Lagos government, very fast to destroy people's business.

Event Venues are primarily responsible for safety. If your client is doing something that can cause death, injury or destruction of property, you as the venue manager have a duty to stop it. If you don't, you are liable.

They will be fined and made to conduct a safety audit and training of personnel.

Imagine if there was a fire and 30 people died from the inferno, and the whole venue (made of a marquee tent) went up in flames?

The irresponsibility of the client was way too much.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by TheAlchemist: 12:26am On Mar 06, 2022
Petrol and gas station within residential areas and the lagos state govt did not shut them down...
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by emmykk(m): 1:02am On Mar 06, 2022
Petersamuel8:
Why will Lagos State government decide what to give and what not to give. This country is just full of drama grin

Don't you know that petrol is inflammable and chicken is not
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by raphy(m): 3:46am On Mar 06, 2022
Wht where the ppl who owns the event center doing when they see fuel in the hall they just look dumb and collect there money and share of the fuel and go home ...

Them Lagos State hard about the parry from a third party then they acted swiftly to lock it up.

The people where wrong to bring in fuel even if they HV a filling station somewhere ..

Cloutgone wrong
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by lexy2014: 4:13am On Mar 06, 2022
Friend22:
..Oga,no reasonable person will day this.

The one who provides the platform for such is more guilty and culpable than the one who did sthe act.

reasonable person, pls reasonably begin by answering the questions i asked. thats what reasonable people do:

Is it the event centre that organised the party? Are they the ones that shared fuel or did they no that those that hired the facility where going to share fuel?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by lexy2014: 4:14am On Mar 06, 2022
TruthinAction:

Both parties are guilty. The management of the event center should have stopped the organizers the moment they noticed it was fuel they were distributing. He should have done it for the safety of the people and the risk of getting his event center razed down by fire. They shouldn't let the organizers go free. They are the main culprit.

Very good point you raised. that is why i asked these questions. can u answer them. Is it the event centre that organised the party? Are they the ones that shared fuel or did they no that those that hired the facility where going to share fuel?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by lexy2014: 4:15am On Mar 06, 2022
shogsman:

Stop embarrassing yourself na,the even center is culpable, it's Their building and are shop to monitor the activities being carried out there.there are liable under the law.

you still havent answered the questions i asked:

Is it the event centre that organised the party? Are they the ones that shared fuel or did they no that those that hired the facility where going to share fuel?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by lexy2014: 4:16am On Mar 06, 2022
shogsman:

Common sense should always be a priority,under the law the event center is responsible for monitoring any activities going on there,if a club opens during lockdown because people booked it,you expect government to leave the club and be pursuing clubbers that have gone home up and down abi

in this case, which law are you referring to. can you quote the law?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by lexy2014: 4:18am On Mar 06, 2022
maasoap:

So, the event centre manager/administrators were not around too?

i dont no. i wasnt there. hence my questions u have failed to answer: Is it the event centre that organised the party? Are they the ones that shared fuel or did they no that those that hired the facility where going to share fuel?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Tutu19: 4:43am On Mar 06, 2022
If not that Nigerian leaders don't have brain, how would an event center owner or manager know the type of survenir customers want to share? U see ehn, Nigerians have a lot to face before we finally make it as a growing country. The black man lacks intellect.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Otii4god: 6:54am On Mar 06, 2022
Good riddance.... Nice one LASG
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Comedian2019: 9:06am On Mar 06, 2022
Budapestboy:

Do you know it is very possible for you to make one sensible comment on this platform. How does sharing something as dangerous as fuel in an event relate to tinubu sharing money… I will keep praying for you that one day in my lifetime you will be able to articulate a sensible comment
You are an animal
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Comedian2019: 9:06am On Mar 06, 2022
chrisvic007:

So in your opinion, money (currency notes) is the same is highly inflammable petrol? Your stupidity is legendary, abeg.
You are a goat.
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Comedian2019: 9:07am On Mar 06, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
oponu ayirada
You are a mumu. Eranko lasan lasan
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Fourwinds: 10:25am On Mar 06, 2022
Totilopussylick:

We are talking about safety... Use your brain not anus
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by maasoap(m): 10:55am On Mar 06, 2022
lexy2014:

i dont no. i wasnt there. hence my questions u have failed to answer: Is it the event centre that organised the party? Are they the ones that shared fuel or did they no that those that hired the facility where going to share fuel?

I have answered you, just that you didn't know that my question didn't need an answer, it's called rhetorical question.
Event Hall administrators had to be there to look after their property. That doesn't absolve the person/people who shared petrol as souvenir of their irresponsible act
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by lexy2014: 12:07pm On Mar 06, 2022
maasoap:

I have answered you, just that you didn't know that my question didn't need an answer, it's called rhetorical question.
Event Hall administrators had to be there to look after their property. That doesn't absolve the person/people who shared petrol as souvenir of their irresponsible act

where is the answer u say u answered? how is your question "So, the event centre manager/administrators were not around too?" a rhetorical question and what has it got to do with the questions i asked?
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Sleekfingers: 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2022
Totilopussylick:

Giving out inflammable ? It a gross display of stupidity. Something that could explode and burn all of them to asun
Re: Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir by Sleekfingers: 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2022
lomprico:
It was a potential risk hazard though but wetin concern sanwolu?

Is he not the governor of lagos? What's the primary job of a governor?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Couple Serves Snake And Crocodile At Wedding Reception - Photos / The Bride Who Pushed Her Husband Away At The Altar Is All Smiles In Another Pic / Mzznaki Tetteh And Prince Kodjo Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.