Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

The Love Of God The Root Of True Holiness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love Of God The Root Of True Holiness (110 Views)

Is Money The Root Of All Evil? / This Is What True Holiness Is. / Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Love Of God The Root Of True Holiness by BornofGod108(m): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
THE LOVE OF GOD
THE ROOT OF TRUE HOLINESS

Paul the Apostle said "The love of money is the root of all evil". Well, I quote also "The love of God is the root of all True Holiness".
The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts deeply when we are cleansed from sin. The love of God that melts sin from the heart, the love that conquers pride and exalts Christ as not only the Savior of the Christian, but also the Lord of all.
The greatest commandments is "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, with all thy mind and with all thy might"
Many of those who profess Christianity lacks this love in their hearts! They struggle with their holiness as if they were forced into it. There's no smoothness of love, no smoothness of peace and joy in the holy ghost. They just struggle within themselves: no joy, no peace, no inward happiness, no calmness, no resignation...
Alas! This love of God is dead in you! Christianity is smooth inwardly, because the threatening carnality, that inward rottenness is cleansed out from the heart. Temptations is no more inwardly, but outwardly. Although Satan brings suggestions of sins, but the believer rejects and resists him steadfastly in the faith.
The love of God conquers all our will. All selfishness and carnal desires are no more within, the believer is emptied of sin and it's desires and filled with fire and love made perfect. This is all that the experience of Sanctification can achieve in a believer.
Effectual fervent prayer for Sanctification will bring all this heavenly blessings in the soul. Have you prayed for Sanctification? Do you love the Lord? Are there no resistance to that love in your heart?
Check well.
The love of my neighbors... The practical evidence of inward pouring of God's love in the soul. Love your neighbors, not just your neighbors alone, it extends to your worst enemy. How do you want people to treat you?
Do the same to your enemies... Love him, feed him, give him and withhold not your hands from him that would borrow from thee. My brethren, this is what it means to be a believer.
Do you have a pure heart, are you crucified? Does the world fascinates you? Are you dead in sin and alive unto God? Have you really denied self and takes up the cross to follow him that loves and died for you?
Holiness is possible, the love of God can prevail in you, if only you will cry and pray for purity of heart! Purge me, O Lord. Create in me a clean heart and a new spirit

Re: The Love Of God The Root Of True Holiness by orisa37: 7:40am On Mar 06, 2022
LIGHT, GOODNESS AND LIFE,
FAITH, HOPE, PEACE AND LOVE OF GOD,
THE GREATEST OF THEM IS LOVE (IFE).

"FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD".

I NOW GIVE YOU A NEW COMMANDMENT, LOVE YOURSELF AND YOURSELVES.

ODU-DU-IWA AT 'ILE-IFE'(LAND OF LOVE).

GOD IS LOVE.

(1) (Reply)

Let Your Excellent Spirit Fall Upon Me @ Divine Nature Tv / Divine Location II / Reflection 61: Where Happiness Comes From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.