Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved (32004 Views)

Lagos Shuts Down Event Centre Where Petrol Was Distributed As Souvenir / Tomatoes And Fresh Pepper Shared As Souvenir At A Wedding In Lagos (Pix, Video) / Wedding Without Reception At Catholic Church Bariga. Food & Souvenir Packaged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by greatseed: 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2022
Ttalk:
Why is Police misbehaving these days, from Hijab for female Police to arresting owambe madam. Set in consign police with souvenir? Can't I dash people with what dey so much desire. Why didn't same police arrest Buharis children sharing iPhone during their wedding?
sharing I phone is different from fuel in a public place. It is dangerous. They could as well share it @d entrance & people keep in their booths before entering the venue if they wanted to be so generous!!! No matter how we perceive or see it. Our society still deserves some decorum sad
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by elgizzyuplifted(m): 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2022
Misplaced priority
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Blitzerz: 12:54am On Mar 06, 2022
dat9jaguy:

If you feel say if you no give fuel as souvenir you go die, then kuku tell your guests to line up for filling station, collect their fuel souvenir instead of distributing it inside event center.
Chasing clout don back fire for their head.
And you, try get sense.

You fit prove say wetin dey the gallon na fuel?

Or u smell am from the video?

Make Una dey use sense argue case.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Blitzerz: 12:54am On Mar 06, 2022
Dbegining:
What law was broken?
None
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Lightorder: 1:02am On Mar 06, 2022
Why is police not arresting petro station owners who hoad products and those who use only one nozzle to dispense fuel at a very high cost ?
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by EagleNest(m): 1:24am On Mar 06, 2022
Which one be fuel souvenir abeg? What's the thought behind this when it is a potential fire disaster angry
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by shineeye1: 2:04am On Mar 06, 2022
politicoNG:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5277766032234152&id=100000024212289

Rotten Police! It's party time for the rascals. The CP just happily opened a new floodgate of deliverables to his
office... Both the law breakers and the law "keepers" are the same kettle of rotten mess!
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by catice(m): 2:05am On Mar 06, 2022
Going by the comments, the fact that a lot of people see this as normal shows there is problem.
politicoNG:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5277766032234152&id=100000024212289
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Thoughty2(m): 2:36am On Mar 06, 2022
The people who through their negligence caused a nationwide fuel crisis have not been brought to book but you flex muscle and arrest people who try to help themselves out in their little though risky way.

Why would they do this if they had constant electricity and easy access to fuel for their cars? This country dey vex me everytime.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Reference(m): 5:26am On Mar 06, 2022
blackboy:
Police wan chop. Come Abuja from City Gate reach Airport kegs of petrol hawkers line the streets no arrest.

Some gives betta souvenir una wan arrest am.

So no plastic keg selling petrol person on the streets of Lagos? Where are they storing the petrol?
Mr police, this is nigeria and since 1800 we have been buying petrol in kegs storing the petrol kegs in our cars, homes, offices etc

You are aware of the petrol situation in the country.

Arrest those who have caused the petrol scarcity. Yes, police can do that.

Thank you.
The government is just embarrassed.
Let them do what they want, the message is loud and clear.
Bad governance elevates risk in all society.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Reference(m): 5:35am On Mar 06, 2022
catice:
Going by the comments, the fact that a lot of people see this as normal shows there is problem.

Good morning.
Na now you know say problem dey Nigeria. Perhaps this will be the issue that ignites (pun intended) the hapless citizens to say, enough is enough.

But as you can see, many have the backs of their oppressors.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:45am On Mar 06, 2022
And majority of them collecting the fuel voted for change... and still want to vote vote another old clown... adonja and iberibe
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by derecho(m): 5:57am On Mar 06, 2022
I'm surprised some can't still see the danger that yeye souvenir portended.
Just because you wan do wetin others never do before, you wan risk the lives of all your invitees.
Why not send the "Fuel money" to their bank accounts or simply send it as recharge cards to their phones.
Or better still, use a filling station with an event hall and order them to top each car with the litres in those kegs as they leave.?

I won't be surprised if they start sharing pints of blood in satchets as souvenirs. After all, who no dey use blood?
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by gulfer: 6:03am On Mar 06, 2022
The issue is, *where did they get the PMS to give as gifts to people in this scarcity period. They should trace the source and sanction the concerned fuel station heavily angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by 9japride(m): 6:03am On Mar 06, 2022
The intention was good, but the approach was bad. That was very risky, what of if there was a fire incidence over there? It's a leason to others not to do such. The best way was to direct them to a petroleum filling station to claim their petrol gifts. A develop country will never distribute such highly risky product in a crowded place. Smh
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by davidtemi(m): 6:06am On Mar 06, 2022
But d police are sometimes around where touts sell black market on d road. They are fools
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Adeolajude(m): 6:15am On Mar 06, 2022
But the useless men in Black with black brain can't chase after those that brought counterfeit fuel into a whole useless nation.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:30am On Mar 06, 2022
NwaNimo1:
They just want their slice keg of the giveaway fuel.........

[img]https://i./3OK0s.gif[/img]

...the gesture was nice given the pathetic state of affairs in the country.

It's very unfortunate that Nigerians no longer have the right state of mind to different between what is right and what is wrong.
Have you thought about the implications of petrol-filled cans exploding in the midst of the party guests

The other day you guys were in massive support of some lazy youths who threw away every sense of professionalism and were dancing on duty

Where's the future of this country self
Tufiakwa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by goodson(m): 6:38am On Mar 06, 2022
Can they prove that the content if what is is in the plastic can is PMS?
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 06, 2022
NwaNimo1:
They just want their slice keg of the giveaway fuel.........

[img]https://i./3OK0s.gif[/img]

...the gesture was nice given the pathetic state of affairs in the country.

Oh dumb Nigerians fuel Is hazardous, can cause fire and kill dozens, and it's the Lagos state government role to enforce it's laws...if you can't respect the laws of Lagos, leave.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 06, 2022
Ttalk:
Why is Police misbehaving these days, from Hijab for female Police to arresting owambe madam. Set in consign police with souvenir? Can't I dash people with what dey so much desire. Why didn't same police arrest Buharis children sharing iPhone during their wedding?
Mumu this is fuel, it illegal to store fuel that way, it is hazardous in nature,it can ignite and cause fire and deaths...hello!

When building collapse in Lagos the government was blamed, it's their job to punish the erring people, so it doesn't happen again.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 06, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

It's very unfortunate that Nigerians no longer have the right state of mind to different between what is right and what is wrong.
Have you thought about the implications of petrol-filled cans exploding in the midst of the party guests

The other day you guys were in massive support of some lazy youths who threw away every sense of professionalism and were dancing on duty

Where's the future of this country self
Tufiakwa!
Colorado don destroy their thinking, stupid dumb heads.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Johnrake69: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2022
loswhite:
So because of police have not arrested the importers of bad fuel then we should have license to endanger the lives of others citizens abi?

You know the reason Nigeria and Africa in general is in this pitiable condition? It's simple we look away from the foundation of a problem only to chase shadows.

If there wasn't fuel scarcity I'm not sure if these would have happened in the first place.

You're quick to play down the role the companies played in sabotaging our economy but let's hang those that gave out fuel as souvenir typical Nigerian mindset.

I hope after hanging them the issue of scarcity that has made people to throw caution to the wind by buying more than they need in gallons everywhere will be solved.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by dododawa1: 8:19am On Mar 06, 2022
D musician is POPULAR one
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by loswhite(m): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2022
Johnrake69:

You know the reason Nigeria and Africa in general is in this pitiable condition? It's simple we look away from the foundation of a problem only to chase shadows.

If there wasn't fuel scarcity I'm not sure if these would have happened in the first place.

You're quick to play down the role the companies played in sabotaging our economy but let's hang those that gave out fuel as souvenir typical Nigerian mindset.

I hope after hanging them the issue of scarcity that has made people to throw caution to the wind by buying more than they need in gallons everywhere will be solved.
I didn't play down the role of the companies sabotaging our Economy. The point is simple do not relate the scarcity of fuel to justify foolishness. It is almost like justifying killing for Rituals or arm robbery simply because of there are no jobs in the country. If we condemn the actions of those that imported the bad fuel we should also condemn the condemn this stupid act.
I am sure if there was a fire incident in that venue you will still come and criticize the government.
This is not the first time we are having fuel scarcity in Nigeria and it is not the worst fuel scarcity in the history of Nigeria. It is plain foolishness just to trend online. I hate this government but I also have to condemn this foolish act.
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by 77up(m): 8:49am On Mar 06, 2022
Hope they won't arrest Sule Alao Malaika laidis shocked
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Blackdisciple(m): 9:02am On Mar 06, 2022
This is rubbish , I used my money to get things for people and I've been arrested for it....
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by InoGetJoy: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2022
WibusJaga:

Good to see they are clamping down on this potentially hazardous act b4 other copy cat Nigerians will adopt it as a normal practice.
But is it a criminal offence? While they can argue it in court as Reckless Endangerment, a good lawyer and get the case of the police thrown out
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by dat9jaguy(m): 10:14am On Mar 06, 2022
Blitzerz:

You fit prove say wetin dey the gallon na fuel?

Or u smell am from the video?

Make Una dey use sense argue case.

My friend they gleefully displayed their stupidity on social media before the govt clamped down on them, thinking they were chasing clout.
Mr lawyer go rest, no be so them dey spin narratives. You still dey learn.

Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 10:17am On Mar 06, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
1. The crime of being stupid and foolish just because they wanted to trend on Social Media

2. The crime of posing serious risk to lives and property of Nigerans and Foreigners in Nigeria.

PMS is highly combustible (e fit catch fire easily).
Many people fit die, property wey some people don't gather for like 50 years go burn finish within 30 minutes. No forget say most of us for Nigeria no dey do Insurance.

Na the crimes wey dem commit be that

Na wa
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by Blitzerz: 11:32am On Mar 06, 2022
dat9jaguy:

My friend they gleefully displayed their stupidity on social media before the govt clamped down on them, thinking they were chasing clout.
Mr lawyer go rest, no be so them dey spin narratives. You still dey learn.

Answer the. Question.
Na your type dey look for job as efcc lawyer dey loose case upandan....
Re: Fuel Souvenir: Lagos Police Orders Arrest Of All Persons Involved by kolagbemi(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2022
Dbegining:
What law was broken?

I ask again sir, what law was broken?

The police are not to work or subjected to persecute according to moral standards or what they think is right or wrong.

They are to work with one thing only: the law.

If any known law was broken, I support the persecution but if they are acting this way just because they believe it is wrong, then they are totally wrong.

Endangering the life of citizens is a crime.

Any action that endangered the life of a fellow citizens is a crime and police doesn't have to have arrested prior offenders before qualifying to arrest you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalanders having fun at a beach party / Escoba Emeka Smith Sprays N2Million At A Wedding In Owerri - Video / Physically Challenged Lady On A Wheelchair Weds In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.