Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week (9811 Views)

Dasuki’s Release: Abba Kyari, Malami, Hadi Sirika, Fayemi Convinced Buhari – FFK / Kwara Holds Open Bid For Renovation Of 31 Public Schools / Kwara Govt Holds Open Bid For Construction Of 26 Urban Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by PDPGuy: 12:38am On Mar 06, 2022
Hadi Sirika, minister of aviation, says the federal government will issue Requests-for-Proposal for the establishment of Nigeria Air next week.

A request for proposal is the process of requesting the bids to evaluate the feasibility, financial health and bidders’ abilities to undertake a specific project.

Sirika disclosed this to journalists on Wednesday in Abuja.

Sirika said the government would issue requests for proposals to intending investors on March 8, 2022.

“The transaction adviser is going to request for proposal next week Monday. The government will own five percent, Nigerians will own 46 percent, and the international partners’ airlines will take 49 percent shares,” he said.

“We will give them some weeks to respond to the request, then we will announce the winning bidder.

“However, in the interim, because the government intends to own only five percent of the airline shares, we are going to go ahead with the AOC (Air Operator Certificate), which has commenced since.

I believe that by April, we should be able to have our AOC ready, which means, we are ready to start. And once the AOC is in our hands, the offices are secured, the interim board is being constituted, and when they finish signing the contract, we will announce who they are.”

Sirika further added that the bidders are temporarily called interim board members and should take over latest by July.

“Currently, they are called interim because they will hold the airline on an interim basis up to the time the investors will come and take over.”

“They are noble people, some are Nigerians, some are not. I think there are about nine of them running the airline and they will begin operations between now and July.

“Within the period, Nigeria Air would run Lagos and Abuja, and as the situation demands, they may extend to Port Harcourt and other parts of the country.”

The minister added that the concession of four major international airport terminals would be completed in the second quarter.

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-will-open-bid-for-nigeria-air-next-week-says-hadi-sirika/amp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by Ecos(m): 6:21am On Mar 06, 2022
Useless and shameless country!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by 96ACE: 7:09am On Mar 06, 2022
wait o, is this not the same Nigerian Air they used hundreds of millions to design only it's logo; not to talk of it's new paint.

grin grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09am On Mar 06, 2022
They are noble people, some are Nigerians, some are not. I think there are about nine of them running the airline and they will begin operations between now and July.

“Within the period, Nigeria Air would run Lagos and Abuja, and as the situation demands, they may extend to Port Harcourt and other parts of the country.”

The minister added that the concession of four major international airport terminals would be completed in the second quarter.
A better Nigeria all around is all we want at [/color].
Nigeria will succeed and all her enemies will be put to shame in Jesus name, Insha Allah.

God bless all good, honest, sane and sensible [color=#006600]Nigerians.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Addendum : Thanks to PDPGuy for this thread.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09am On Mar 06, 2022
Ecos:
Useless and shameless country!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by Klington: 7:09am On Mar 06, 2022
They want to scam innocent investors with a dead and non existing airline project.

A.. All

P. promises

C.. Cancelled

4 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by Dailymice: 7:09am On Mar 06, 2022
cool
Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by thundafire: 7:09am On Mar 06, 2022
Audio election promises

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by whirlwind7(m): 7:09am On Mar 06, 2022
grin grin grin

It beats me how the jobbers in this present regime have zero shame. Zero self worth, and zero regards for the rest of us.

After all the billions that disappeared into thin air with the phantom airline few years ago, they are talking about opening bids for it in future.

We can be sure there's NEVER going to be a Nigeria Air.
Everyone is cashing out as quickly as they can.

9 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by fasho01(m): 7:09am On Mar 06, 2022
E be like say them want to tell us another story again o.. Is it bid for the logo or what

4 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by naijaguy123456(m): 7:10am On Mar 06, 2022
Can this government manage even a bus ?

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 06, 2022
Well if they want this new iteration of a national airline to work, they have to let it be a for profit airline, not the one where people would be refusing to pay things like excess baggage 'because'.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by verybadmouth(m): 7:10am On Mar 06, 2022
U
Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by Lindajames1010: 7:10am On Mar 06, 2022
If jagaban win this coming presidential election ....
I go kuku give up on this country totally....
I go just wash my hands comot

3 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by WonderManly(m): 7:10am On Mar 06, 2022
Look at them. Awọn Saka Manje!
You see...

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:10am On Mar 06, 2022
Hadi do quick stop all this noise

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by AliyuMahdi9: 7:10am On Mar 06, 2022
How many times will they bid for this?

Some years ago, they approved huge amount of money for just Logo of the same Nigeria Air.

They even had a launch.

This is just disgusting.

3 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by jogsman01(m): 7:11am On Mar 06, 2022
Awon eyan biden.... Are we bidding for the aircraft, abi logo, or the airspace gan gan?

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by TheKing4040(m): 7:11am On Mar 06, 2022
My heart always bleed for Nigeria and Nigerians, knowing that successive (rulers) not leaders have always taken us for fools and in the end extend more hardship for the masses.. What I saw at the Gas Station yesterday really broke my heart, a country blessed with abundance and still have little due to bad leadership.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by overall90: 7:12am On Mar 06, 2022
I will revamp the Nigerian airways and convert some of the presidential fleet for a take off.
That was Buhari and APC in 2014 and with the administration almost winding up,they are calling for bids.
Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 7:13am On Mar 06, 2022
Sometimes it saddens when read some news about Nigeria.

If i could remember, Nigeria Airways was among the best in the 60s. It has a better and higher number of Aircraft than the Emirates Airline.

There were also Okada and the rest which were control and owned by Nigerians

But today they are all gone cos of the incompetence and ineptitude of the past leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by heniford2: 7:14am On Mar 06, 2022
As usual angry cheesy na today

4 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by whirlwind7(m): 7:14am On Mar 06, 2022
post=110787870:

Nigeria will succeed and all her enemies will be put to shame in Jesus name, Insha Allah.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

You always sound loony.
Were you born that way, or your BMC stipends totally shut down your capacity to sound marginally intelligent?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by TheKing4040(m): 7:16am On Mar 06, 2022
post=110787870:

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by timefarm(m): 7:17am On Mar 06, 2022
whirlwind7:

You always sound loony.
Were you born that way, or your BMC stipends totally shut down your capacity to sound marginally intelligent?
His own is natural.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by JAMO84: 7:18am On Mar 06, 2022
Supporters of the miserable Pandemic Development Party will start running their smelly mouths, after their slave masters ran down the original Nigerian Airways.

GOD PUNISH THE POVERTY DEVELOPMENT PARTY
Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by Rolly22(m): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2022
Since 1960 till date , a place called a country with abundant Natural resources Can’t have Ordinary Air ways. Na mumu people still believe in this contraption called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by Zico5(m): 7:22am On Mar 06, 2022
Is it not Nigeria Air these fools used to campaign in 2014. These people know how to remind Nigerians about their failures.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: FG Will Open Bid For Nigeria Air Next Week by alabo1: 7:27am On Mar 06, 2022
PDPGuy:

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-will-open-bid-for-nigeria-air-next-week-says-hadi-sirika/amp

I and my family will never fly it. That's all I have to say. Walks out of thread permanently.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie / Bomb Scare At PDP National Secretariat / Eziachi: My Open Letter To Nigerian Biafra Fantasist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.