Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ (857 Views)

Pictures Of Ibrahim El-Zakzaky Leaving The Court After 6 Years In Detention / I Am In Serious Pressure To Contest For 2023 Presidential Election... GEJ / The 2015 Presidential Election Result Breakdown By States: Another Look (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by Okeigbobaze: 2:07am On Mar 06, 2022
“I was fully informed about the manipulations, intrigues, intimidation and betrayals. The consequences of not conceding were only better imagined. My natural instinct for peace automatically surfaced. I was going to make a decision which reflected my commitment to that ideal. This is the foundation of my essence. In my periodic projections into the future, I did not see how I would be presiding over any kind of chaos. I was prepared to promote the peace, unity and progress of Nigeria."

This is a huge sacrifice, but I hope my readers believe me when I say it turned out to be one of the easiest decisions I ever took while in office.

"With my mind made up, I knew it was time to inject peace into the tensed polity, especially before INEC completed collation.

“I was in my living room with some ministers, aides and friends. Among them were the Coordinating Minister for the Economy/Honourable Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Bello Adoke, SAN, the Honourable Minister of Aviation, Mr. Osita Chidoka and Waripamowei Dudafa, my Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs.."

“They were recommending sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussion. I hugged my thoughts, figuring out how to do that which was best for the country. My personal interest was receding rapidly and the interest of Nigeria looming large. I excused myself and left the sitting room. I walked into my study. Even here, my mantra was a strong circle around me, supporting and comforting me. Let the country survive. Let democracy survive. My political ambition is not worth people being ‘soaked in blood’.

“More reports flowed in and I could not wait anymore. The announcement of the final result could take issues out of all our hands. It was time for me to take action...

Read More: https://www.arochukwublog.com.ng/2022/03/why-i-accepted-buhari-defeat-goodluck.html?m=1

Source: Aro Okeigbo Blog

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by chukwuibuipob: 4:06am On Mar 06, 2022
sad
Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by Sammysolution: 5:06am On Mar 06, 2022
OK o
Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by helinues: 5:08am On Mar 06, 2022
You can still take him to court now.

Mtcheeew
Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by nzeobi(m): 5:28am On Mar 06, 2022
helinues:
You can still take him to court now.

Mtcheeew

When will your brain start functioning well so that you can use it for something positive.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by helinues: 5:31am On Mar 06, 2022
nzeobi:

When will your brain start functioning well so that you can use it for something positive.

Awuzubilahi.

Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by Passionnn: 5:47am On Mar 06, 2022
Since leaving office, Jonathan has been enjoying the goodwill of every positive thinker world over.
Buhari and the APC negative campaign in the build up to the 2015 general election polarized the country to the point that 7 years after, he has not been able to quench the fire he started due to his inordinate ambitions to rule.
That "soak in blood" reference was a direct reminder of Buhari's misguided utterances which will haunt him till his dying days

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by JAMO84: 5:53am On Mar 06, 2022
It would have been another round of flogging for you.

The judges will throw out your useless case in ten seconds.

DUMBLUCK JONATHAN WAS A DISASTER

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by Coolsperm: 6:03am On Mar 06, 2022
You can see were that your fearful decision have taken us to, Yoruba Muslims now mine skulls for money ritual and sales human parts to put food on their table, just becos of that call you put to Buhari

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by Igo9(m): 6:52am On Mar 06, 2022
JAMO84:

brain dead people everywhere

Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by stixxy(m): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2022
JAMO84:

You no get common sense.
Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by Lipscomb(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2022
If you want to be a successful person in life you need to do away from this cannibalism people. They poisoned the mind of this man to the extent that he forgot where he came from.

They killed him politically.
Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by ivandragon: 8:50am On Mar 06, 2022
Well, given your reasons, you made a sound & logical choice & your name will always be associated with politics of peace in Nigeria...

However, please do not try to contest again... while it is well within your rights, doing so would rubbish your person...
Re: Reasons Why I Did Not Take Buhari To Court After The 2015 General Election - GEJ by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:05am On Mar 06, 2022
JAMO84:

(1) (Reply)

The Mass Murders Of Innocent Northerners By IPOB Must Stop - Farooq Kperogi / Result Of Ekiti Governorship Election As APC Win / I Don't Believe In One Nigeria - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.