Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim (28756 Views)

Anambra Kidnappers Want Gun, N4m As Ransom For Our Members, Cows — Miyetti Allah / "What A Naval Officer Can Do An Army Officer Can Do Better" - Nigerian Soldier / Bola Tinubu: How A Naval Officer Slapped Me When I Was A Taxi Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by EcoBrick: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2022

An Onitsha-based businessman, Chikamso Ugoh, has revealed how he and two other passengers were rescued from suspected kidnappers at the River Niger bridgehead in Anambra State.

Recall that a group of kidnappers had reportedly been intercepted along the bridgehead in Onitsha by some security agents.

Although the Police Public Relations Officer, Ikenga Tochukwu, said his office did not receive such a report, an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps, who did not want to be mentioned, said, “Yes, the incident happened two days ago (Thursday). The vehicle had loaded at Upper Iweka but only three people were authentic passengers among the 14 passengers on board.

“So, as the kidnappers were trying to divert the vehicle to another direction, a naval officer, who was among the passengers in the vehicle, based on intelligence, signalled to his people on the bridge, who chased after the vehicle and intercepted them. The kidnappers were forced out and ordered to lie down by the roadside and thereafter were taken to the Army barracks, Onitsha.”[code]

But narrating his experience to Sunday PUNCH on Saturday, Ugoh said he was one of the three lucky passengers who escaped, adding that it was the “sheer bravery and intelligence” of the naval officer, who was also in the vehicle, that saved him and the other victims from being abducted.

He said, “At the point I boarded the vehicle at Upper Iweka heading to Asaba, only two seats were vacant. I sat on one of the seats and shortly after, another person came and occupied the remaining one. But shortly, after the vehicle took off and on getting to the River Niger bridgehead, some of the people in the vehicle told us to start making calls because we had been kidnapped, while the driver of the vehicle was making a detour to another direction different from where we were originally going.

“Luckily, one of us who boarded the vehicle was a naval officer, but he was not in uniform. I don’t know how he communicated with some of the military officers along the road, and they chased the vehicle and intercepted it. They ordered the kidnappers to lie face-up by the roadside.

“What still baffles me is that, among the kidnappers, were women and some aged men, people that you would, ordinarily, not suspect. In fact, it is unbelievable. People should be extremely careful about the bus they board these days. I am still in shock and also thanking God for saving us.”
https://punchng.com/how-naval-officer-rescued-us-from-anambra-kidnappers-victim/

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Mystic969: 11:49am On Mar 06, 2022
FTC..... He is a brave man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by buckeyemedia: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
EcoBrick:
https://punchng.com/how-naval-officer-rescued-us-from-anambra-kidnappers-victim/

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Demons they will be the same people to say President bad? God punish them, death penalty for kidnappers.

66 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Chalkmansour08: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2022
B

1 Like

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Brendaniel: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2022
The Naval officer also wanted to save his life, you see why I said earlier on that every Public office holder in Nigeria should have their children school in Nigeria, because anything that affects your neighbor which automatically affects you will make you protect your neighbor to protect yourself.

Once all human beings are in the same boat they will all protect it from sinking.

Our politicians are in a different boat from the citizens.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by MrStylish(m): 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2022
Am backkkkkkkklkl
What a bombshell
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by IceColdVeins(m): 12:21pm On Mar 06, 2022
Scary
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by DrsultanNG: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
Intelligence, that's one thing you won't understand till you get recruited to the army force.

Masha Allah just imagines matured men who are supposed to be leading by example are the ones championing the cause.

If they haven't been apprehended they could have channeled the crime to the FULANIS.

Know this and know PEACE no crime will be perfected by a total stranger no matter how familiar he is with your state or community.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by WiszyFraud: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
“What still baffles me is that, among the kidnappers, were women and some aged men, people that you would, ordinarily, not suspect. In fact, it is unbelievable. People should be extremely careful about the bus they board these days. I am still in shock and also thanking God for saving us.”

That is the method these days so it doesn’t seem suspicious
And you can’t be careful enough, just hope you don’t run outta luck embarassed

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Dialpad: 12:22pm On Mar 06, 2022
God bless the fast thinking naval officer

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by gozmok1(m): 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
Of course. Every armed robber in Igbo land is now a freedom f!ghter.

He will enforce sit at home

Then he will rob and kidnap

The next day, he will preach Biafra at the market square

Once he identifies Onyendu as his personal lord and saviour, all his sins are washed away.

All the armed robbers and kidnappers in Igbo land now fly the flag.

They will decimate the police in the name of biafra

Then they will dispossess other Biafrans

Snatch their cars. Sometimes snatch their lives.

That's where we are.

When the army catches them , they will become victimised Biafran youths arbitrarily arrested by a high handed military intent on crushing a legitimate quest for self determination.

Ohaneze will issue a statement

But before they are picked up , they will continue to masquerade as freedom fighters and ransack the land.

That's where we are.

In a hard place.

58 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by lageo(m): 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
they got the shocker of their life
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
Up Navy people

looking for transport now you are vulnerable right now there will always be a sign when entering a bus that’s suspect look for it even certain cars their design and their actions tell who they are pay attention even for ride hailing platforms and drivers
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by 2chainz411: 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Demons they will be the same people to say President bad? God punish them, death penalty for kidnappers.
all over the country is in total turmoil...Nigeria is bleeding and innocent bloods of Nigerians dying without causes...we have to be united and fight and win before next election...the World is changing fast there may not be election or Nigeria again come next year...God is warning all us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by od501: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
buckeyemedia:

My friend see mouth close. So you don’t have criminals in your village? I know if we check your familiy now we fit get like two BH fighters there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Donaluta(m): 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Curious346: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
Hnmm..

Body parts dealers everywhere

2 Likes

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Obyangel: 12:24pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ala-Igbo has turned into something else, even Katsina and Kaduna are more safer than all the Eastern states.

6 Likes

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by govwike: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
Would love to know the signs he gave?
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
wida we sail, wida we conquer
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Kingpele(m): 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
Praise God ,this things keep happening because many want to be rich without adding value through service providing..they want to be a billionaire without doing anything except wishful thinking, the naval officer is a brave man to have risked his life to save his fellow passengers, he deserves a medal
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by mamaafrik(m): 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2022
I was watching Obasanjo birthday documentary and i was proud of our military trainings but recently i don't know if things have not changed
The Naval officer should be given a good reward to encourage others to emulate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Almaigaa: 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
Northern Soldiers are the only thing standing between IPOB terrorist and Igbo people in the East. If not for the presence of our Gallant Soldiers, IPOB for don kill and eat up everybody in the East. grin grin

God bless our Gallant Soldiers.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by johncallidon(m): 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
Thank God for your lives.
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Originalsly: 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ha!... love this Naval Officer!.... very smart move!... and even better.... the kidnappers were all taken to the barracks and not to the Police Station. No news is the best news..... no news about the fate of the kidnappers... we should rejoice!

6 Likes

Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by DropsMic(m): 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
Cool
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Risingblue008(m): 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
E
Re: A Naval Officer Rescued Us From Anambra Kidnappers – Victim by Perfecttouchade: 12:30pm On Mar 06, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don’t Give Fashola Appointment,civil Society Group Tells Buhari-PUNCH / Abdullahi Bin-Abdul's Phone Stolen In Abuja / Jonathan Blasts APC Govt Again, Says APC Govt Full Of Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.