Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Buhari: I’m In Politics For Social Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I’m In Politics For Social Justice (604 Views)

Dear Seun, Your "Rule 9" Is Against Social Justice And Democratic Tenet / Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / Obasanjo Dumps Politics For Evangelism, Organizes Nationwide Crusades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: I’m In Politics For Social Justice by luluosas(m): 8:42am On Jun 29, 2011
Buhari: I’m in politics for social justice

Written by Ibrahim Chonoko, London Tuesday, 28 June 2011 04:53

Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) said in London yesterday that he decided to join politics to ensure social justice for all because “only multi-party democracy can give it.”

Speaking at a joint lecture with his running mate, Pastor Tunde Bakare, on the April elections in Nigeria at Chatham House, London, Gen. Buhari said he is not easily given to emotions, but the scale of social injustice in the country was just too strong for one not to be emotional. He said during his many years of service as a military commander, governor, minister and head of state, he could not recall when he shed tears on issues of social justice.

He recalled that when he was in secondary school in 1961, he was given a scholarship to study in the UK ahead of his mates whose fathers held influential positions.

“I was an orphan and a minority not only in Katsina but even in Daura, my hometown. But I got chosen ahead of the late Gen. Shehu Yar’Adua and Isa Kaita’s son, whose fathers were ministers for Lagos and Education respectively.

“There was justice and equity then. But is there social justice now?” he asked rhetorically.

Gen. Buhari lamented that Nigeria lacked strong institutions to guarantee social equity for all, noting that the country only has strong individuals who do not want strong institutions.

Meanwhile, Pastor Bakare said they were challenging the election results as a way of safeguarding the future of democracy in Nigeria.

“We are concerned about the future of our country, not just about winning elections. We want the world to know the true picture of the last elections in Nigeria.”

“We want our democracy to be built on merit, justice and fairness. We want the right candidate to win in a free and fair atmosphere,” he said.
Source: http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21865:buhari-im-in-politics-for-social-justice-&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Buhari: I’m In Politics For Social Justice by warrior01: 9:11am On Jun 29, 2011
Mr Buhari, I hope you're not too stupid to understand that you can't fool Nigerians with your evil agenda. Please do us a favor by pushing for your part of Nigeria to be parted from the rest so that we can all have peace.
Re: Buhari: I’m In Politics For Social Justice by Jakumo(m): 9:16am On Jun 29, 2011
Social justice ?  Maybe Buhari should first explain why he continues to finance the epidemic of suicide bombs now killing innocent people by the score in Maiduguri.

Oh, wait a minute now,  maybe the instigation and financing of post-election loss genocide IS a form of social justice to former military tyrant Ayatollah Buhari.

Yes sir, Buhari is indeed a truly fascinating character, in a grotesque sort of way, who would look most regal in a felony-orange prison jumpsuit and leg-irons.
Re: Buhari: I’m In Politics For Social Justice by CodeTemplar: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2022
I doubt he is talking about the type of social injustice that consumed 11 innocent corpers.
Today he is only after amnesty for bandits and Ruga for herders. Now we understand his tears were shed for his own and not infidels.

(1) (Reply)

Mrc Thumbs Down President Jonathan Over Ministerial Nominees / N35.6m Fraud: Deji Abiola Gets N6m Bail / Why Opposition Didn't Make List----jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.