Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) (1006 Views)

Confused Between Node Js And PHP / Can You Really Build A Project With Reactjs Or Javascript Without Coming Across? / One On One Tutorial for JavaScripts, reactjs and nodejs- Lagos Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by mustyx001: 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2022
Displaimer : This web app is not from Nairaland, just a side project I created.

We all know the thing with Nairaland's ui. Its simple, nice and mobile responsive.

But you will agree that we want it to be slick like modern day websites.

So I created a web app with Reactjs / Redux / Material UI / PHP / Laravel that is base on Nairaland but with a different UI. Not all Nairaland features is present but reading of post in a nice and intrusive ui is what I created it for.

Link at :
https://nairaland-v2.netlify.app

Guys : your commemt and advice are welcomed.

#seun
#lacalastical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by mustyx001: 8:05pm On Mar 06, 2022
See how this post will look like within the React app

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by illicit(m): 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2022
Too much green

2 Likes

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by airsaylongcome: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2022
illicit:
Too much green

Came here to say this....too damned much green

1 Like

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by mustyx001: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2022
illicit:
Too much green

Noted Bro. I will adjust

1 Like

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by flames007(m): 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2022
Good work. But i was expecting something that actually resembles the interface on the original site- only sleeker.

i don't know much about websites, but moving elements would be nice on NL 2.0

1 Like

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by NoIgboSoundTueh: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2022
Did you hardcode the news items?
Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by mustyx001: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2022
Is this better?

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by LikeAking: 8:48pm On Mar 06, 2022
Great!

Its better.

Abeg give an to Seun or app am update NL.

1 Like

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by mustyx001: 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2022
NoIgboSoundTueh:
Did you hardcode the news items?

No, that will be time consuming and boring.

I scraped the content using PHP and I hosted it on Heroku.

it is somehow related to web crawling, the same way Google displays content from other websites.

# web scraping
Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by mustyx001: 8:52pm On Mar 06, 2022
LikeAking:
Great!

Its better.

Abeg give an to Seun or app am update NL.

Thanks bro.

I really appreciate it.

I can also consider doing that ....
Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by gistray: 3:27am On Mar 07, 2022
So in a nutshell you Spoiled Nairaland

Because this is damaging to me

1 Like

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by BlaqFaze: 7:20am On Mar 07, 2022
TBH... If nairaland is like this, I'll stop using it undecided
Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by afuye(m): 10:45am On Mar 07, 2022
it is ok
Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:04am On Mar 07, 2022
The present Nairaland design is better though.
Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by mustyx001: 11:32am On Mar 07, 2022
I know the present ui is better. Am just busy coding stuff.

Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2022
mustyx001:

Noted Bro. I will adjust

The design is good, what you need to change is the color and font family.
Re: See What I Turned Nairaland To With Reactjs And PHP (pictures) by niel63(m): 5:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
The present Nairaland design is better though.

Exactly what I wanted to say. grin
However, it is encouraging. He can only get better anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Software Technology Exhibition / Learn To Program / Would You End Up Needing Glasses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.