Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,187 members, 7,815,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? (932 Views)

Which SUV IS Cheapest To Maintain? / New Range Rover Evoque Wins Best SUV/Crossover Car Of The Year Award / Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by Snolw(m): 8:01am On Mar 07, 2022
I plan to get a Crossover/SUV. Something with a good resale value as i might have to use it for about a year. My budget is nothing more than 5M.
also considering that this will be my first car, if that matters.

Please experts in the house should help me out. Thanks
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by OluwaJohn77: 2:23pm On Mar 07, 2022
Toyota Venza
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by Snolw(m): 5:30am On Mar 08, 2022
OluwaJohn77:
Toyota Venza

Thanks

Which year model will that be? And will it be foreign used?
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by 9icetoo(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2022
Snolw:
I plan to get a Crossover/SUV. Something with a good resale value as i might have to use it for about a year. My budget is nothing more than 5M.
also considering that this will be my first car, if that matters.

Please experts in the house should help me out. Thanks
Toks or used?
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by Kingdemu: 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2022
Get a Crosstour
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by asaajuomo1(m): 6:47pm On Mar 08, 2022
Lexus RX350 Any year.
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by sultaan(m): 1:46am On Mar 09, 2022
I have 3 questions

What is your dream SUV?

Which SUV do you hate so much you don't plan to use for a year?

What do you plan to buy after a year of using your first car and why do you think you will still be able to afford a SUV next year?
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by Snolw(m): 6:01am On Mar 09, 2022
9icetoo:

Toks or used?

Preferably Toks
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by Snolw(m): 6:02am On Mar 09, 2022
asaajuomo1:
Lexus RX350 Any year.

Ok, thanks
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by Snolw(m): 6:18am On Mar 09, 2022
sultaan:
I have 3 questions

What is your dream SUV?

Which SUV do you hate so much you don't plan to use for a year?

What do you plan to buy after a year of using your first car and why do you think you will still be able to afford a SUV next year?

I don’t currently have a particular dream SUV.

I have plans to leave Nigeria before this time next year. i waited this long to get a car because I was supposed to leave this summer, but things changed and I will have to wait a bit longer, hence, why I decided to get one now (This is why i want something of good resale value). That’s the primary factor, the other consideration is the roads are not that good where I’m staying and the area is prone to flood (that’s why I’m considering an SUV). Aesthetics are quite secondary for me in deciding, but obviously a good looking car is preferable.
Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by sultaan(m): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2022
buy something that is cheaper lesser brand like a Mitsubishi Montero, it will be cheaper now and cars will be more expensive next year you won't loss much because you paid less.
puttinN4m in a RX and hoping to sell a Nigerian used RX after a year for N3.5 when you are in a hurry to jet out is not easy, but find a Montero for N1.7, and trying to sell for N1.2 m should be easier.

1 Like

Re: Which Suv/crossover Should I Go For? by fineboynl(m): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2022
sultaan:
buy something that is cheaper lesser brand like a Mitsubishi Montero, it will be cheaper now and cars will be more expensive next year you won't loss much because you paid less.
puttinN4m in a RX and hoping to sell a Nigerian used RX after a year for N3.5 when you are in a hurry to jet out is not easy, but find a Montero for N1.7, and trying to sell for N1.2 m should be easier.
follow this advice. You don't need expensive car. You might even buy a Nigeria used. With Nigeria use you won't lose much to resell it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Google's Driverless Car Works / Stolen Train Crashes Into Building In Sweden / Cost Of 94 Camry(orrobo) Gear Box

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.