Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:00 PM

Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures (36378 Views)

Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity / Russia Turns Off Nord Stream Pipeline Supplying Gas To Europe, Cites "Oil Leak" / South African Man's Bedroom Turns To A Bar With His Looted Drinks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by CoronaVirusPro: 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
frank155:

Don't be stupid.
Does fiber corrode?
Check the maintenance costs of steel to fiber.
If it was that easy why isn't there pipelines around the whole ocean? Why didn't Nigeria build pipelines?

The Nord Stream 2 that was recently suspended, when do you think they started building it?

Don't come online to babble when you don't know facts.

Sigh…

You lots are villagers. When you bring points to the table, you think you are discussing but making a joke of yourself.

I am done discussing your lots. Can’t be discussing with peeps 10 years back
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Asour: 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2022
Tellwhat:

Unionpay is accepted in many bank ATMs in Nigeria like GTB

Its mostly common in Asian countries and now adding a big country like Russia that will start using their services too

If the product was equally good and not an also ran why wasn't it adopted since?

Walk-arounds are always nice but both of us know that VISA & MasterCard are more trusted /accepted. Banking = Trust.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Tellwhat: 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
Asour:

If the product was equally good and not an also ran why wasn't it adopted since?

Walk-arounds are always nice but both of us know that VISA & MasterCard are more trusted /accepted. Banking = Trust.
I agree

But still it's possible because Africans will always stick to colonial masters since the continent can't help itself
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Asour: 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2022
Keegan:

I am destroying my Mastercard as a form of protest against the US and the West.

The gang up against Russia is so ridiculous after all the atrocities US have committed without any nation protest.

You should also destroy your Laptop, Desktop, Tablet and Samrtphones since virtually all operating systems in Nigeria are US based.

Oh!!! You probably didn't plan for that too.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by cocoduck: 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2022
useni1:
how did the west made China? Communism made China great. Without driving out imperialism no country can be great. Japan, Germany, UK etc are all failed states that's why them dey do follow follow errand boys for Judaism Washington DC
It's obvious you don't know the history of China, when Mao died, Deng Xiaoping took over and opened up some part of the economy, he then invited the west to invest in China, the West in their mind was like, if we invest in China and China becomes prosperous they will gradually open up and become a democratic system just like the west, which seemed to work, and it kinda worked a little bit, Chinese people began to have a little more say on how they are governed, especially during the Hu Juntao régime. But it was Xi Jin Ping who came and reversed all the gains made all these years and he instituted the wolf warrior diplomacy. It is the investments made in China by western companies that made China rich, not communism, communism only distributes misery not wealth,
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by cobby14(m): 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Deep down I support Russia
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Workch: 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
blackboy2star:
Lol... I thought you said they consume more than 50% of China product nah... cheesy
Trump did it and it's doable.
I'm not supporting USA but until all country billionaires stop prioritizing 85% of there asset to dollar, my brother nothing can be done as of today. Cos there local currency can't stand dollar... Yuan to dollar, go check it out.

it doesn't hod water, China is the biggest purchasing power of the world.
United States will have a 1960 kind of economy if China doesn't exist dude. No sane country will join united states to sanction China
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Asour: 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
Tellwhat:

I agree

But still it's possible because Africans will always stick to colonial masters since the continent can't help itself

It's not colonial. That's a copout.

Why are Nigerian artists now big/Rich & command huge deals than they previously did?
Could it be that they provided superior products that swayed the audiences ? Or our colonial yearnings for foreign songs disappeared overnight.

Consistently good products would do well overtime.

God help us.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by zoedew: 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
inspirator1:
China will benefit most from this war. The benefits will stroll inform of will power, economic boost, military strategy and stron bilateral relationships.
And that sits well with Biblical prophecy for the end times. China will take over having Russia in tow and romancing Israel until the bubble bursts when The Beast (who appears likely to be a Communist) will demand worship from Israelis then yawa go gas! Come to Jesus now before it is too late!
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by OCHKESTINE(m): 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2022
ArchiLimited:
I've been seeing several internet warriors on this site blaming Zelensky for the war and calling him foolish for not yielding. It's appaling really the percentage of 21st century youths that are empty. So the president and leader of a country should lay down and yield his country and people to a foreign invader without a fight? Thank goodness you guys are not leading anything.

You might be the empty one though.

Learn to respect people's view and don't call them empty for not seeing things Ur way.

I for one have been on the fence since this crisis started and honestly, everyone is right.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Tellwhat: 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2022
Asour:

It's not colonial. That's a copout.

Why are Nigerian artists now big/Rich & command huge deals than they previously did?
Could it be that they provided superior products that swayed the audiences ? Or our colonial yearnings for foreign songs disappeared overnight.

Consistently good products would do well overtime.

God help us.
I understand your point

Well God help us
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by TheABOMINATION: 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2022
Asour:

Weibo, Wechat, Youku and QQ have comparable numbers to Twitter, WhatsApp & why aren't you using them?

Those products are mostly also rand. They came to compete with western social networks.

95+% of all operating systems outside china are American owned. Why don't you switch to a Chinese owned OS?
The elite Chinese themselves use iOS.

We can all talk about self awareness/self sufficiency till tomorrow but to not recognize how America greatness pervades the World makes us hypocrites.

N.B. An American scientist Jonas Salk discovered the Polio Vaccine. Most of us are not crippled because of this. Children take polio vaccine till today. I took. I'm sure you took too.

While you are at it goodluck flying Chinese & Russian made Airplanes today.

You are simply overating the westerners. The massive power they currently have is because we allow them to have it. Human civilization is where it is today because of the contribution of humans from the four corners of the world, not because of westerners. Westerners don't have monopoly of intelligence. In today's world, westerners made so many things to be in their favor and we for most part allow things to remain that way. Many things that we could have been able to do, we let the west be the one that is doing it, because our mind have been preconditioned to believe that only things from the west is great. And the result of this is that we've become overly dependent on the west, Africa is the most guilty of this.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by useni1: 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
cocoduck:
It's obvious you don't know the history of China, when Mao died, Deng Xiaoping took over and opened up some part of the economy, he then invited the west to invest in China, the West in their mind was like, if we invest in China and China becomes prosperous they will gradually open up and become a democratic system just like the west, which seemed to work, and it kinda worked a little bit, Chinese people began to have a little more say on how they are governed, especially during the Hu Juntao régime. But it was Xi Jin Ping who came and reversed all the gains made all these years and he instituted the wolf warrior diplomacy. It is the investments made in China by western companies that made China rich, not communism, communism only distributes misery not wealth,
clap for yourself. I am presently in China and all Chinese sees dengists as idiot. Not a single monument of Deng in China. Everywhere you turn there is a portrait or statue of Mao Zedong. You see those rubbish you wrote is nonsense from western propaganda bullshit. Unlike Africans, China will never allow their enemy write their history for them. Deng was a fool who set back China 30 years. The lies about Mao doesn't stand in China. Without ending imperialism no nation can be great. Today countries like Japan, South Korea, Canada, UK, France etc are all trash. Over my dead body my great country Nigeria becomes like one of them. They take their orders from demonic America and Israel and that's why they will never be great or reach their full potentials. China economy is bigger than the whole of Europe and 7 trillion dollars bigger than America. All thanks to Mao and communism. Xi hardline will make it a trillion times bigger. Long live Mao, Long live the communist party of China!
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Asour: 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2022
TheABOMINATION:

You are simply overating the westerners. The massive power they currently have is because we allow them to have it. Human civilization is where it is today because of the contribution of humans from the four corners of the world, not because of westerners. Westerners don't have monopoly of intelligence. In today's world, westerners made so many things to be in their favor and we for most part allow things to remain that way. Many things that we could have been able to do, we let the west be the one that is doing it, because our mind have been preconditioned to believe that only things from the west is great. And the result of this is that we've become overly dependent on the west, Africa is the most guilty of this.

Not true.

As we speak today, No westerner forces you to use any of their products or services. Nigeria has been self governed for over 6 decades.

You try going a week without using any western products, services or systems.

I never said westerners have the monopoly of intelligence. You implied I did. I only said anyone Playing down American's greatness is a hypocritical joke. Even though the US is imperfect it is the greatest country that ever existed in Mankind's history today. Who knows? May not be tomorrow.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by seanwilliam(m): 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
Keegan:

I am destroying my Mastercard as a form of protest against the US and the West.

The gang up against Russia is so ridiculous after all the atrocities US have committed without any nation protest.
you must be a joker if you don’t destroy your phones/ laptop and any AMERICA product you own
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by just2endowed: 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
Nice one. Let mastercard and PayPal carry their shakara back to the USA. They think other platforms wouldn't be there to take their place in a big country like Russia.

Did you know that Russian pollution is declining? Fact check.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by mach7(m): 10:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
chopnaira:

Some online seller will not take any transaction outside PayPal.
Lots of them on eBay.
Inasmuch as I want to agree with you, there are some salient points to note:

Firstly, the world is larger than US, UK, Germany, Australia etc. Hence, the study is by and large not broad enough.
Secondly, dynamics change. Currently the world is "Western aligned". However, It is just matter of time before dynamics reorient the world Eastwards. Alibaba is the world's largest e-commerce site by sales volume, and it accepts Paypal. Those who patronise Alibaba don't care if Paypal is integrated there or not. Furthermore, it is still growing.

So with time, things will change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by timchogon81: 10:50pm On Mar 07, 2022
One man's meat is another man's ponmo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by cocoduck: 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
useni1:
clap for yourself. I am presently in China and all Chinese sees dengists as idiot. Not a single monument of Deng in China. Everywhere you turn there is a portrait or statue of Mao Zedong. You see those rubbish you wrote is nonsense from western propaganda bullshit. Unlike Africans, China will never allow their enemy write their history for them. Deng was a fool how set back China 30 years. The lies about Mao doesn't stand in China. Without imperialism no nation can be great. Today countries like Japan, South Korea, Canada, UK, France etc are all trash. Over my dead body my great country Nigeria becomes like one of them. They take their orders from demonic America and Israel and that's why they will never be great or reach their full potentials. China economy is bigger than the whole of Europe and 7 trillion dollars bigger than America. All thanks to Mao and communism. Xi hardline will make it a trillion times bigger. Long live Mao, Long live the communist party of China!
I have been to China ok? I know the history of the CCP, the general Chinese people is different from the CCP, cowards they are, did not partake in fighting against Japan, the Kuomintang did the job only for the CCP with weapons from the Soviet Union to start another war in China which then resulted into the Taiwan thing. Mao's reign resulted into the killing of around 45 million Chinese people through purges and famine. Don't want to go into the gory details. Even his second in command did not escape his wicked acts. Deng Xiaoping is a communist, he died a communist. All he did was open some part of the economy and western money poured in. Mao's statue being everywhere is nothing new, he is the founder of the CCP, the CCP is like a parasite that feeds on the people of China, the CCP has an army of trolls known as the Wumao, (which you are part of, aka 50 cent army), the CCP has over one million Uyghurs in labour camps (so angelic of them) they are well known in human organ trafficking. What an angelic organization. Let me stop here. I have too many things to say about you CCP gods. Continue. BTW china has a communist government that runs china using state controlled capitalism which is still capitalism. More on that later
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by torqque7(m): 10:58pm On Mar 07, 2022
Johnrake69:
People asking who accepts Unionpay are just ignorant. China is the number one trade destination.

Russia export more than they import. The issue of sanctions will cripple the European companies doing business with Russia. You only get goods from Russia when you make payment that they can acknowledge.

STORY STORY..Sanctions will cripple Europe?lol you must be a joker..because say Russia is the only country that they can do biz with abi..apart from oil what else does the EU get from Russia that can't be gotten else where?Russia is still the losser in all this..this is the beginning of the end of Russia,if na so e easy then why cuba and Venezuela na junk yards?and thats Exactly what Russia is going to become in few months. China can only do very little.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by mach7(m): 11:03pm On Mar 07, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

smh.....

You even insulted me.

You are foolishness is next to none and I don't blame you, its hereditary.

Now Google Nord Stream 2. Read about it and get familiar with technology, commodity and aim of project

Come back here and insult me.

Village boy claiming "enlightened" in 2022.

Hello, you far behind the present.
The more you say these things, the more ignorant you present yourself.

First, Nord stream 2 is a Natural Gas (NG) pipeline and not LNG. LNG is shipped not piped. This is because LNG pipelines are mega expensive due to the cryogenic nature of LNG (stored at -160oC) which requires massive amounts of insulation to prevent pipeline breakage.

Secondly, the length of Nord stream 2 is estimated at 1,250km with a capacity to move 55bn cm3 of NG. It cost $15bn and took three years to build.

Thirdly, let's even assume Canada chooses to build a NG pipeline. The length of pipeline required to connect Canada (at its Eastern most point in Nova Scotia) and Europe will exceeed over 7,000km if using a straight line and assuming it is terminating in France. Now the design of such a pipeline will not be in a straight line as it will need to manoeuvre around obtacles on the sea floor. This is not even yet considering the number of booster pumping stations required for such pipeline length.

Fourthly, the Canadian gas fields are located in Western Canada. So you need to build an additional pipeline with a lenght of close to 3,000km to connect the pipeline from Western Canada to Nova Scotia, before now building another pipeline under the sea to connect to Europe.

Are you now getting a picture of the scale, cost and time required to actualize this your brilliant plan? I'll leave this to you to take a pen and calculate.

Finally, no insurance company in their right senses will insure such a project in current conditions.

Project is dead on arrival.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by grandstar(m): 11:09pm On Mar 07, 2022
Johnrake69:

They're not as dependent as Nigeria. Many people commenting uses Nigerian standard to rate Russia where everything down to toothpick is imported.

Having China as an ally is a huge buffer. Again back to the issue of sanctions. Cuba as a case study has lived through sanctions for decades yet, on every human developmental indices they're a nation to reckon with.

They made their own COVID-19 vaccine which they're exporting. Sanctions never stopped stopped them from achieving that.

By stating that Cuba is a nation simply exposes your extremely poor understanding of economics.

The richer countries are, the more interdepent on others. Rich countries aren't self reliant. They are far from it. They are just rich nations.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Benny6944: 11:19pm On Mar 07, 2022
Oddfinder:
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
RIP to visa and MasterCard
Na chinko u wan use play?
China'spopulation is 1b, the card is used in over 180 countries
More cash out for China. Russia don use back door enter market again..

Stop making noise here. the card is only accepted in 3 European country's, USA ,Turkey and France and some Asia country's that's not upto 10
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Benny6944: 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2022
Dalil8:

Over 180 countries.
The 2nd fastest growing global payment system.

Noise maker. Its only accepted in just 13 country's.
3 European countries and 10 Asia
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Johnrake69: 11:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
torqque7:

STORY STORY..Sanctions will cripple Europe?lol you must be a joker..because say Russia is the only country that they can do biz with abi..apart from oil what else does the EU get from Russia that can't be gotten else where?Russia is still the losser in all this..this is the beginning of the end of Russia,if na so e easy then why cuba and Venezuela na junk yards?and thats Exactly what Russia is going to become in few months. China can only do very little.

Cuba Junk yard? You're really ignorant. The mistake we keep making is using Western standard on every country. In terms of every human developmental indices Cuba tops most of the western countries.

Literacy level, infant mortality rate, life expectancy in Cuba is 79.18 and still above America.

With all the sanctions their citizens still get free health care that has contributed to their life expectancy. How many Americans can afford Health care?

Only insulin shots set you back financially by $250-$300 monthly in America.

Cuba never bought COVID-19 vaccine. They made theirs which they have been exporting. Because they don't by Western goods doesn't mean their lives have stopped.

In fact playing down Russia's contribution to the economy of Europe makes you really ignorant. 40% of gas used in Europe is supplied by Russia and their gas is 3 times cheaper than any other supplier. If it was easy why are they delaying the sanction on Russian oil companies?
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by Johnrake69: 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
grandstar:

By stating that Cuba is a nation simply exposes your extremely poor understanding of economics.

The richer countries are, the more interdepent on others. Rich countries aren't self reliant. They are far from it. They are just rich nations.

Hehehehehehehe... You're the ignorant one here. Opinions differ on economics.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by zigzagluv: 11:48pm On Mar 07, 2022
they can because 70 percent of import is from china , if they don , they there economic was go down , Eu is already taking a hit because of the war
blackboy2star:
Good move. The West's coming for China, am sure the Chinese leaders won't want USA sanction on there business. This nah real game to learn from. Wow
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by torqque7(m): 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
Johnrake69:

Cuba Junk yard? You're really ignorant. The mistake we keep making is using Western standard on every country. In terms of every human developmental indices Cuba tops most of the western countries.

Literacy level, infant mortality rate, life expectancy in Cuba is 79.18 and still above America.

With all the sanctions their citizens still get free health care that has contributed to their life expectancy. How many Americans can afford Health care?

Only insulin shots set you back financially by $250-$300 monthly in America.

Cuba never bought COVID-19 vaccine. They made theirs which they have been exporting. Because they don't by Western goods doesn't mean their lives have stopped.

In fact playing down Russia's contribution to the economy of Europe makes you really ignorant. 40% of gas used in Europe is supplied by Russia and their gas is 3 times cheaper than any other supplier. If it was easy why are they delaying the sanction on Russian oil companies?

Lol what are you talking about?yeah medically they are good but thats just about it,and nothing like ignorance here,can you tell me what you can buy with their tissue paper currency?and do your research well about Cuba and its people,they HATE life there..

Oga Cuba na slum,you can lie and decieve your self on that but it doesn't change the fact..do yourself a favour and Google videos of tourists who visit Cuba because obviously its you who is the ignorant one here. Let me make it easier for you..Watch the video in the link bellow and educate yourself on the true situation of things in Cuba. You are welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyHrE1ntGyM
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by zigzagluv: 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
Oga , is easy because Russia has developed their own independent system
blackboy2star:
As in, nah to just laugh at one way traffic commenters... They think its a day integration. Ask them how many of them is using Naira wallet?

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by NairaMaster1(m): 11:54pm On Mar 07, 2022
inspirator1:
China will benefit most from this war. The benefits will stroll inform of will power, economic boost, military strategy and stron bilateral relationships.

They will see the failure of union pay and fall back to MasterCard. They also use MasterCard in china.

1 Like

Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by NairaMaster1(m): 11:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
Nice one. Let mastercard and PayPal carry their shakara back to the USA. They think other platforms wouldn't be there to take their place in a big country like Russia.

China union pay fails. They also use visa and MasterCard in china.
Re: Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures by NairaMaster1(m): 11:56pm On Mar 07, 2022
handsomeyinka:
Wahala for Russian citizens

Big wahala.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Thousands Of Women March Against Trump On His One Year Anniversary (Photos) / Shooting At July 4 Parade In Highland Park, US. 6 Dead, Suspect Not In Custody / Helen Comperatore: Widow Of Trump Rally Shooting Refused US President’s Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.