Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,748 members, 7,955,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:09 PM

How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable (17937 Views)

Presidency Keeps Watch On El-Rufai As Plot To Scuttle APC Convention Thickens / Mohammed Umar Named Acting EFCC Chairman - The Cable / Anxiety Over Plot To Scuttle APC Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Islie: 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
Mai Mala Buni, governor of Yobe state and now-ousted chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) caretaker committee, took steps to scuttle the party’s national convention scheduled for March 26, TheCable can report.

Amid the crisis in the ruling party over the national convention, Buni had held on tightly to the position of APC chairman.

TheCable had reported that his desire to stay in office nearly jeopardised plans for the national convention.

The Yobe governor has been feet-dragging on preparations and issues bordering on the convention.

Unknown to members of the party, Buni and John Akpanudoedehe, national secretary of the APC caretaker committee, had hatched a plot to hold on to the control of the party.

TheCable understands that they used a third party to obtain a court order temporarily restraining the ruling party from holding its convention until a substantive suit has been heard and determined.

The suit, filed by one Salisu Umoru at the high court in the federal capital territory (FCT), had the APC and Buni as respondents.

“That the 1st Defendant/Respondent can only conduct its national convention after the hearing and determination of the substantive suit pending before this honourable court,” the court order seen by TheCable reads.

“That in the interest of justice accelerated hearing of the substantive suit is hereby ordered.

“That this matter is hereby adjourned to the 10th day of January 2022 for hearing of the substantive suit at High Court No. 15, Kubwa, FCT-Abuja.”

BUHARI ASKS NIGER GOVERNOR TO REPLACE BUNI

TheCable understands that after learning of Buni’s ploy and the court order, President Muhammadu Buhari directed Abubakar Sani Bello, governor of Niger, to replace the Yobe governor who is currently on a medical trip in Dubai.

A highly-placed source disclosed that the president got to know about the court order a week ago.

“The president asked the Niger governor to replace Buni when he became aware of the document,” the source said.

“Buni and Akpanudoedehe who is the national secretary will have to vacate their offices immediately.”

Speaking with reporters at the APC national secretariat in Abuja on Monday, Bello said he has been acting as the party’s chairman “for a while.”

BUNI OUT IN THE COLD?

TheCable understands that Buhari’s decision on Buni has set off a chain reaction resulting in the isolation of the Yobe state governor by his formerly-sympathetic colleagues.

Muhammad Badaru, Jigawa governor; Nasir el-Rufai, Kaduna governor; Atiku Bagudu, Kebbi governor; and Yahaya Bello, Kogi governor, are believed to have turned their backs on Buni, another source said.

“Buni does not have anybody to speak for him now. The APC governors who supported him have taken sides with Mr President,” the source added.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-how-buni-plotted-to-scuttle-apc-convention-and-remain-party-chairman/amp

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Nbotee(m): 9:34pm On Mar 07, 2022
Lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Frigga13: 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
I don’t understand all this .. Apc different narratives from different sources with no name ..

Why is Baguda not talking .. Badaru.. and even the presidency as the leader of the party.

Not even a Governor .. nothing authentic.. everyone trying to hide identity

Bello said he’s acting .. yet new coming said he replaced Buni

How ?

We talking political party in power not some corporation or company

Which ever way..

Apc is evil and what’s ever coming is good for the Nigerians

The demonic blood sucking power is crashing .. Nigerians will bury it ashes and move on for good

Power to the people !

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Maxymilliano(m): 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2022
According to Wike, APC could not organize a rancor free convention because the party lacks internal democracy. I must add that the party is filled with vipers and demons who are only interested in sharing the spoils and not for good governance.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by seunmsg(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
Muhammad Badaru, Jigawa governor; Nasir el-Rufai, Kaduna governor; Atiku Bagudu, Kebbi governor; and Yahaya Bello, Kogi governor, are believed to have turned their backs on Buni, another source said.

“Buni does not have anybody to speak for him now. The APC governors who supported him have taken sides with Mr President,” the source added.

Buni the butterfly that thought himself a bird. Now that he has been put in his place, his friends have abandoned him. Such is life in politics. Today, you’re high up there with so many friends around telling you how super you are and tomorrow, you’re at the cold bottom with all your friends gone.

The chairmanship position of a ruling party comes with a banana peel that requires tact, wisdom, diplomacy and a deep sense of where the occupant is coming from to avoid the fall. Buni obviously didn’t learn from the experience of those before him.

36 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
Frigga13:
I don’t understand all this .. Apc different narratives from different sources with no name ..

Why is Baguda not talking .. Badaru.. and even the presidency as the leader of the party.

How ?

Which ever way..

The demonic blood sucking power is crashing .. Nigerians will bury it ashes and move on for good

Power to the people !

Lol. Mr. Hypocrite is in pain.

They have dealt with Buni, your man-crush, and now you're devastated and cursing. All of a sudden APC is "evil" and "demonic".

When you were eulogising Buni and kissing his azz did I not tell you he is nobody in the grand scheme of things? First you said he has delivered the ticket to GEJ and Buni broke your heart with his inability to deliver.

Then you said Buni, Bagudu etal, your personal Rambos, own the APC and would "deal with" Asiwaju. How market now guy?

A failure of a Governor jumping up and down with APC matter, rather than tending to his people in Yobe, is suddenly the god of all IPOBians. Looooolllll.

Your pain is sweet. Confess, you're crying in the corner of your room this second and playing heart break songs now that your crush Buni has been brushed aside. I have helped you with a nice tune below to sooth your broken heart. Ndo, "save your tears". E don do. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYlFuWEuKI

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by JAMO84: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2022
Sani Bello is pro Jagaban

The Sacred mandate is a moving train that cannot be stopped, until it gets to destination.

ASHIWAJU, ON YOUR MANDATE I SHALL STAND.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by FreeStuffsNG: 10:44pm On Mar 07, 2022
His plan to scuttle the national convention was audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.

Prof Sagay was brutally frank in his submission and vow that HE Buni will not oversee the Presidential primaries.

I think the main beneficiary of his sack are the people of Yobe. They can now have the Governor they originally elected to serve them spend more time in Damaturu in his last days in office.
Sincerely, many will agree with Prof Sagay that HE Buni behaved irresponsibly and deserved to be sent packing.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand. Please support and vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.

Only patriotic Nigerians whose hearts are not filled with hatred, bitterness and bigotry are on board the BAT 2023 winning train.

Patriotic Nigerians on the BAT 2023 winning train are the Nigerians who have a stake in Nigeria and genuinely want to see Nigeria flourish, they are the Nigerians who will rather love than hate, who will rather build than burn/destroy and who will rather bless their nation than curse it.
They are not bigoted tribesmen and those who spread hate against their fellow human being.

Asiwaju Tinubu is a brilliant visionary leader who is a Patriot to the core. He will keep his promise to take Nigeria to greater heights.

By May 29, 2023 it will end in praise to the Glory of God for the handover to an Asiwaju Tinubu led-Presidency.

Please support and vote for the BAT 2023 Presidency project to make Nigeria greater.

Thank you.
May God bless you and may God bless Nigeria for ever.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
His plan to scuttle the national convention was audible to the deaf and visible to the blind.
Prof Sagay was brutally frank in his submission and vow that HE Buni will not oversee the Presidential primaries.
I think the main beneciciary of his sack are the people of Yobe.

Indeed. The arrogant Buni had forgotten he is first and foremost a Governor of a Nigerian State before anything else.

He saw himself as the god of APC and totally neglected Yobe for years now. This is what happen when accidental leaders become power drunk as a result of undeserved power landing in their laps.

22 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:31pm On Mar 07, 2022
Ok, noted.
Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by NwaNimo1(m): 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
...we know what's next!

[img]https://i./3OK0u.gif[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by cardoctor(m): 11:32pm On Mar 07, 2022
The plot thickens.
Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Ropigipad: 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
Can you design a professional flyer with your smartphone??

Paul can.

Design of a flyer costs $8.3 on average. If you can design just 3 flyers daily, you'd be making $750 (over N400,000) monthly.

This is 100% achievable, even a dummy can learn it... And guess what? You can achieve this with JUST your smartphone!

That's not all! I will also teach you how to design:

• Logos
• Book covers
• Album covers
• Create Whiteboard animations and
• Professional Photo Manipulation.

These are high income skills that can feed you for life!

That's not all still! I will also teach you how to:

• Create 3D logos using mock ups.
• Create Professional eBooks with your smartphone.
• Create Professional marketing videos for companies.
Plus a complete gift pack of Graphics Design eBooks worth N19,000.

For all you stand to gain, this training can be easily priced at 50,000 naira.

However, I have slashed it to 10,000 naira. But, the first 20 people will pay 4,999 naira.

The 21st person will pay 7,500 naira.

When is the class starting?

Saturday, 19th of March 2022.

To reach me, kindly send me a message on WhatsApp via the number below.

[img]https://images./2HW1D8w5X1NfzJlzJlhYKx.jpg[/img]

Any guarantees?

Yeah, if you don't make more than 10 times of your money with this skill, I will refund you your money with a written apology.

How to get started?

Send me a message on WhatsApp ,
via the number below for account details.

PS.: This is not a Canva design class.

PS. 2: Would you rather exchange 4,999 naira for over 270,000 naira or will you use it to flex today?

Send me a message now.

[img]https://images./2HW1D8w5X1NfzJlzJlhYKx.jpg[/img]

[img]https://images./3kh2c70tHGh8mwIg8Z9Kv.png[/img]
Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by spydera: 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2022
With the way things are going eeeh...
Let me not talk yet
Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Racoon(m): 11:36pm On Mar 07, 2022
The intrigues of the power game are not always unusual but the template the ruling government have set is a bad one that will forever hunt whosoever that is involved in it.

The single handed dissolving of the former NWC of the party by the president regardless the multiple litigations threatening its survival is an illegality itself.

Then comes the illegality of appointing governors against the exitant provision of the Nigerian constitution as caretaker chairmen of a political party have introduced another dangerous illegality into the polity.

Then, it became a more desperate power tussle among the multiple power brokers in the party including the abuse of court & democratic processes because it is believed that whosoever holds the ace calls the shots. Now this is where it has landed them. You can't never use illegality to justify legality.

6 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Parachoko: 11:52pm On Mar 07, 2022
Racoon:
The intrigues of the power game are not always unusual but the template the ruling government have set is a bad one that will forever hunt whosoever that is involved in it.

The single handed dissolving of the former NWC of the party by the president regardless the multiple litigations threatening its survival is an illegality itself.

Then comes the illegality of appointing governors against the exitant provision of the Nigerian constitution as caretaker chairmen of a political party have introduced another dangerous illegality into the polity.

Then, it became a more desperate power tussle among the multiple power brokers in the party including the abuse of court & democratic processes because it is believed that whosoever holds the ace calls the shots. Now this is where it has landed them. You can't never use illegality to justify legality.
All this you're calling illegal is not against the APC constitution, and is not also against the Nigerian Constitution.

8 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by fasho01(m): 12:15am On Mar 08, 2022
Power hungry individuals in the power hungry evil party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by GFELOG2018: 12:16am On Mar 08, 2022
seunmsg:

Buni the butterfly that thought himself a bird. Now that he has been put in his place, his friends have abandoned him. Such is life in politics. Today, you’re high up there with so many friends around telling you how super you are and tomorrow, you’re at the cold bottom with all your friends gone.

The chairmanship position of a ruling party comes with a banana peel that requires tact, wisdom, diplomacy and a deep sense of where the occupant is coming from to avoid the fall. Buni obviously didn’t learn from the experience of those before him.

You are even more confuse . cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by adolfHitler1934: 12:28am On Mar 08, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

I think the main beneficiary of his sack are the people of Yobe. They can now have the Governor they originally elected to serve them spend more time in Damaturu in his last days in office.
Sincerely, many will agree with Prof Sagay that HE Buni behaved irresponsibly and deserved to be sent packing.

On the mandate of Asiwaju Tinubu I stand. Please support and vote for Asiwaju Tinubu.

Only patriotic Nigerians whose hearts are not filled with hatred, bitterness and bigotry are on board the BAT 2023 winning train.

Patriotic Nigerians on the BAT 2023 winning train are the Nigerians who have a stake in Nigeria and genuinely want to see Nigeria flourish, they are the Nigerians who will rather love than hate, who will rather build than burn/destroy and who will rather bless their nation than curse it.
They are not bigoted tribesmen and those who spread hate against their fellow human being.

Asiwaju Tinubu is a brilliant visionary leader who is a Patriot to the core. He will keep his promise to take Nigeria to greater heights.

By May 29, 2023 it will end in praise to the Glory of God for the handover to an Asiwaju Tinubu led-Presidency.

Please support and vote for the BAT 2023 Presidency project to make Nigeria greater.

Thank you.
May God bless you and may God bless Nigeria for ever.

I foresee that you will drink snipper and kill yourself if Tinubu doesn't win ordinary APC primaries. Take it easy o.

So you reported me in the other thread where you were talking gibberish and that your biased Mode banned my account abi. You people cannot shut us up here for saying the truth.
If you like call them to ban this account too.

Ndi Uchu'

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Fiscus105(m): 12:41am On Mar 08, 2022
All these are showing reason why naija is in mess under buhari regime, An intelligent president with foresight would have known this after first six months that Buni ready to sit tight and not meant well for his party, but our own bubu would not believe until eleventh hours.

APC and Nigeria as a whole are in sorry state, no thank to weak leader who only interested in power but lacks required skills to be a leader.

A snail is not good to lead jare!

2 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Mikolo70(m): 12:50am On Mar 08, 2022
Frigga13:

How ?

Which ever way..

Power to the people !
Ehyaa! Ehya!! Ehyaaa!!!....Your Nairaland wailers self don abandon you... EhyaaaaaA!

7 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by oyeb15: 2:20am On Mar 08, 2022
If not for corruption or mistake in State creation, Yobe is not liable in any ramification to be a State.

Thats one the reason why Buni feels comfortable in Abuja as illegal APC chairman than governing his desert, non contributing, under develop, bandits ridden Area.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by PressMyButton: 2:33am On Mar 08, 2022
Atiku sneaks into Germany for medical visits, Buni a supposedly younger man was reported to have sneaked into Dubai for medical treatment. No one would have known about his medical trip if not for his ouster, while the Jagaban who was honest enough to disclose the circumstances leading to his seeking medical treatment abroad, yet, a lot of hypocritical Nigerians would want to have a piece of him, just because he is the Jagaban, whenever he sneezes, everyone catches cold.
As for Buni, I can't imagine how heavily his two legs would trudge coming back to the country, the shame will be telemundo-esque. He took his luck a bit too far, forgetting he is a green horn in this game.
Anyways, there's a small matter of hope that Igbos could afford him after egging him on as the next Superman after Buhari. They hailed & worshipped him as the Slayer of Tinubu. So, I expect Igbos to install him as the next Ikemba after Ojukwu. After all, he also failed as Ojukwu failed as they both ran away abroad and could not have accomplished their ambitions.

34 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by hisexcellency34: 3:21am On Mar 08, 2022
Useless man. I remembered the first thing he did after being sworn in was to marry and go on honeymoon

2 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 08, 2022
[quote author=Dsalvo post=110838969]

Lol. Mr. Hypocrite is in pain.

They have dealt with Buni, your man-crush, and now you're devastated and cursing. All of a sudden APC is "evil" and "demonic".

When you were eulogising Buni and kissing his azz did I not tell you he is nobody in the grand scheme of things? First you said he has delivered the ticket to GEJ and Buni broke your heart with his inability to deliver.

Then you said Buni, Bagudu etal, your personal Rambos, own the APC and would "deal with" Asiwaju. How market now guy?

A failure of a Governor jumping up and down with APC matter, rather than tending to his people in Yobe, is suddenly the god of all IPOBians. Looooolllll.

Your pain is sweet. Confess, you're crying in the corner of your room this second and playing heart break songs now that your crush Buni has been brushed aside. I have helped you with a nice tune below to sooth your broken heart. Ndo, "save your tears". E don do. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXYlFuWEuKI

[/quote

Whoever they stand with loses at the end. Trump, Aregbesola, Atiku, Ambode and Jonathan in mind. Now it's Buni's turn. When they stand with anyone, there's no chance of success.

7 Likes

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by mannobi(m): 4:39am On Mar 08, 2022
The buni guy is just something else. Let him go back to his governorship throne. Organising a convention is not magical

1 Like

Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by chinjo(m): 4:55am On Mar 08, 2022
Anything that will scatter this evil party is ok by me.
Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Sonoyom(m): 5:23am On Mar 08, 2022
All Progressives Crisis, the most confused set of humans are members of the APC.
A ruling party that can not conduct a party convention.
Re: How Buni Plotted To Scuttle APC Convention, Remain Party Chairman - The Cable by Jostoman: 5:50am On Mar 08, 2022
adolfHitler1934:
I foresee that you will drink snipper and kill yourself if Tinubu doesn't win ordinary APC primaries. Take it easy o.

So you reported me in the other thread where you were talking gibberish and that your biased Mode banned my account abi. You people cannot shut us up here for saying the truth.
If you like call them to ban this account too.

Ndi Uchu'
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awka Community Protests With Coffin Over Forceful Takeover Of Lands (pictures) / 2022 Voters Registration By Party In Power - StatiSense / 2023 Election: Seyi Makinde Refuses To Endorse Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.