Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement (1237 Views)

‘He’ll Be Killed Without Trace And You Won’t See Him Again’- Police / First Bank Cleared My Mum Account / I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by jwax: 7:33am On Mar 08, 2022
Good morning Ops!

It happened two weeks ago. I had nothing in my account so I asked a friend to send N5,000 to me which he sent around 9pm and around 11pm a customer sent N299,000 for a product.

I checked my balance and it was N304,000 then I went to sleep. By morning I woke up and decided to check my account balance only to find N290,000 remaining, N14,000 was gone with no SMS or email notification. I was shocked and thought my card was missing but then I checked my wallet and saw it intact in my wallet, I stay alone so how come my card is with me and money left without trace. So I blocked the ATM card and called them to restrict the account.

I quickly rushed to a branch to make complain and was asked to come in two days time, when I came back the lady insisted that money was transferred to my fidelity bank account and I was like, who initiated it and why didn't I receive the money in the fidelity account, there was no reasonable explanation.

I got pissed off and left for another branch because the lady was provoking me and my hands were itching me to attack her.

I got to the other branch and Lo and behold Another rounds of deductions took place, N16,000 , N10,000, N4,000, N2,000 and N2,000. Remember the account was restricted, so suspected fowl play from the bank.

I didn't know what was happening and I was raging.

Then I realized that I made those set of transactions to my Piggyvest target savings, which I was clearly debited and Piggyvest credited me... Now they came and started debiting me for the same transactions again.

I checked my account statements and went through it, Lo and behold the transactions were not captured in my bank statement. How possible?

I continued to file complains and they kept telling me that the first transactions were not successful and I asked why did you people debit me and not reverse it since it failed.

They said, since it is not captured in the account statement there is no prove that I was debited.... I have never experienced such before, I watched my money deducted and was never reversed how come it isn't captured in the statement. It was obviously a bug in their software.

We stayed on it then my account balance suddenly turned to minus -N29,000 , meaning I was owing them N29,000 after they have already removed about N50,000 from my account.

I was ready to fight but they continued to hammer on the fact that those transactions are not in my bank statement.

To cut the long story short, I pushed further after two weeks and escalated it... They set up a team to look into my account and regularized it and it showed that they had wrongly double charged me and they refunded all the money they removed from my account and even some excess I didn't know of.

Banks these days, everyone should be careful. Imagine performing a transaction that is not captured in your bank account statement.

2 Likes

Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 08, 2022
imagining
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by Kingosytex(m): 7:38am On Mar 08, 2022
jwax:
Good morning Ops!

It happened two weeks ago. I had nothing in my account so I asked a friend to send N5,000 to me which he sent around 9pm and around 11pm a customer sent N299,000 for a product.

I checked my balance and it was N304,000 then I went to sleep. By morning I woke up and decided to check my account balance only to find N290,000 remaining, N14,000 was gone with SMS or email notification. I was shocked and thought my card was missing but then I checked my wallet and saw it intact in my wallet, I stay alone so how come my card is with me and money left without trace. So I blocked the ATM card and called them to restrict the account.

I quickly rushed to a branch to make complain and was asked to come in two days time, when I came back the lady insisted that money was transferred to my fidelity bank account and I was like, who initiated it and why didn't I receive the money in the fidelity account, there was no reasonable explanation.

I got pissed off and left for another branch because the lady was provoking me and my hands were itching me to attack her.

I got to the other branch and Lo and behold Another rounds of deductions took place, N16,000 , N10,000, N4,000, N2,000 and N2,000.

I didn't know what was happening and I was raging.

Then I realized that I made those set of transactions to my Piggyvest target savings, which I was clearly debited and Piggyvest credited me... Now they came and started debiting me for the same transactions again.

I checked my account statements and went through it, Lo and behold the transactions were not captured in my bank statement. How possible?

I continued to file complains and they kept telling me that the first transactions were not successful and I asked why did you people debit me and not reverse it since it failed.

They said, since it is not captured in the account statement there is no prove that I was debited.... I have never experienced such before, I watched my money deducted and was never reversed how come it isn't captured in the statement. It was obviously a bug in their software.

We stayed on it then my account balance suddenly turned to minus -N29,000 , meaning I was owing them N29,000 after have already removed about N50,000 from my account.

I was ready to fight but they continued to hammer on the fact that those transactions are not in my bank statement.

To cut the long story short, I pushed further after two weeks and escalated it... They set up a team to look into my account and regularized it and it showed that they had wrongly double charged me and they refunded all the money they removed from my account and even some excess I didn't know of.

Banks these days, everyone should be careful. Imagine performing a transaction that is not captured in your bank account statement.

You for use hot slap reset her senses. cheesy
Some of the bank tellers are very rude. Some years ago in UNN, a friend went into the bank to pay his rent, he gave the cash and the account details to the cashier, only for the cashier to pay in the money into another account.

My guy checked the receipt and saw name discrepancy, he alerted the cashier and told her that she paid the money into a wrong account.

The lady disregarded him and echoed "next person" for the next customer to come.

My guy jumped up on the structure that separates customers from cashiers and gave the lady a very hot slap.

Everybody gathered, the securities were alerted and in a jiffy the manager came down. My guy was fuming to high heavens, only God knew how he got that 85k because his landlord has been on his neck, and bet9ja had dealt with him.

The manager came and asked what the matter was, my friend explained everything to him and even gave him the account details he wanted the money to be paid into. The man was very furious, he instructed the cashier to pay in the money immediately.

I raised this story because some cashiers can really be annoying.

9 Likes

Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by jwax: 7:41am On Mar 08, 2022
Kingosytex:

You for use hot slap reset her senses. cheesy :DSome of the bank tellers are very rude.

My brother, she was a pretty young lady without manners... What saved her was the ring on her finger.

Imagine boldly claiming that I received the money and denying. What business does fidelity has with their Bank... Money I never sent to fidelity

2 Likes

Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by Huxpay: 7:43am On Mar 08, 2022
Sorry about that.

Hmmmmm.

Meanwhile, at with www.huxpay.com you can easily buy Airtime/Data, Buy Exam Scratch Card, Make Electricity/Cable (Gotv, Dstv) Payment and also convert excess Airtime to Cash.

Check it out today. It's worth it!
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by espn(m): 7:43am On Mar 08, 2022
It is always painful.
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by Lawlab251: 7:44am On Mar 08, 2022
Hmm
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by Kingosytex(m): 7:53am On Mar 08, 2022
Saving money in a bank now sef na risk on its own. Some of the bank workers connive with fraudsters to rip off their customers.

Lucky you bro, I'm just glad that your case was able to be rectified.

Your resilience paid off, just imagine you were some kinda unexposed like some not too educated persons, the money would have gone like that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by CatANDratTHEORY: 7:58am On Mar 08, 2022
Kingosytex:

Some of the bank tellers are very rude. Some years ago in UNN, a friend went into the bank to pay his rent, he gave the cash and the account details to the cashier, only for the cashier to pay in the money into another account.

My guy checked the receipt and saw name discrepancy, he alerted the cashier and told her that she paid the money into a wrong account.

The lady disregarded him and echoed "next person" for the next customer to come.

My guy jumped up on the structure that separates customers from cashiers and gave the lady a very hot slap.

Everybody gathered, the securities were alerted and in a jiffy the manager came down. My guy was fuming to high heavens, only God knew how he got that 85k because his landlord had been on his neck, and bet9ja had dealt with him.

The manager came and asked what the matter was, my friend explained everything to him and even gave him the account details he wanted the money to be paid into. The man was very furious, he instructed the cashier to pay in the money immediately.

Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by tillaman(m): 8:02am On Mar 08, 2022
Na to create scene make manager come down o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by CatANDratTHEORY: 8:03am On Mar 08, 2022
At Jwax, matters like the one you narrated are becoming very rampant.

The banking sector in Nigeria is bedeviled with untold corruption. Just imagine what the scenario would have been had it been you weren't exposed to seek redress? The money would have vanished to thin air and nothing about it.

Many have been in your situation but weren't lucky.

Lucky you bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by Meteng: 8:09am On Mar 08, 2022
Wonderful! Imagine if you didn't stay on it, and escalated it? That's how your money would have quietly gone o, you for even come owe them join
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by jeromeekugbere(m): 1:47am On Mar 19, 2022
I hope they paid your friend his money,
Kingosytex:

Everybody gathered, the securities were alerted and in a jiffy the manager came down. My guy was fuming to high heavens, only God knew how he got that 85k because his landlord has been on his neck, and bet9ja had dealt with him.

Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by Hector09(m): 5:59am On Mar 19, 2022
Naso they deduct my poor guy 20k no alert nothing nothing... My guy don go bank tire....bank now Na scam
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by bigpicture001: 7:58am On Mar 19, 2022
U just encouraged me to continue to fight... I lost 200k through this by February.. ius let it pass...
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by Kingosytex(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2022
jeromeekugbere:
I hope they paid your friend his money,

Immediately. The manager ordered the cashier to pay in the money into the account.
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by jeromeekugbere(m): 10:51am On Mar 19, 2022
Okay

Kingosytex:

Immediately. The manager ordered the cashier to pay in the money into the account.
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by gulfer: 10:54am On Mar 19, 2022
Bros, to complete this story, what bank is this please
Re: How My Bank Cleared My Account Without Trace In My Bank Statement by LeeMason(m): 5:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
Na sterling bank abi?

(1) (Reply)

Rich Yahoo Boy Caught Stealing Ice Cream From A Supermarket / Female Kidnappers-nabbed Over Kidnapping Two-year-old Boy / See Naija Facebook Scammer's Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.