Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone (1222 Views)

Must-have Accessories For Your New Smartphone / How To Switch To A New Smartphone Without Losing Your Whatsapp Chats / 5 Key Considerations For Purchasing A New Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Muokechiedozie(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2022
What are the things you consider before buying a new phone?, is it just the RAM and storage space? or do you consider the color grin
smartphones are much more than that. here are the things to consider before purchasing that new smartphone
https://dozietek.com/things-to-consider-when-purchasing-a-new-smartphone/

Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by saxby(f): 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
When it comes to buying a new phone I think the first thing you should consider is your budget.

7 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Muokechiedozie(m): 2:18pm On Mar 09, 2022
saxby:
When it comes to buying a new phone I think the first thing you should consider is your budget.
True talk Bro, i highlighted it sef. its the first thing to check cool
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Yourfav: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
I consider my pocket first, lol
Na wetin carry me go buy Camon 15
Upgrading soon, on God!
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Yinksy09(m): 7:13pm On Mar 13, 2022
First for me is the battery, then RAM and camera. Most times I prefer Tecno phones because of the good battery
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Mohbola(f): 8:22pm On Mar 13, 2022
Battery, RAM and ROM for me
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by selfdefence: 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
Nice read, for me it's the design and performance.
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Kaymicheal852: 9:47am On Mar 14, 2022
Muokechiedozie:
What are the things you consider before buying a new phone?, is it just the RAM and storage space? or do you consider the color grin
smartphones are much more than that. here are the things to consider before purchasing that new smartphone
https://dozietek.com/things-to-consider-when-purchasing-a-new-smartphone/

Performance,yes performance, anything from snapdragon or apple bionic chipset I don't use it anymore,I have use Upto 25 different phones and what I can say is that it's just better to have a strong performing phone that to have a strong battery phone

There is nothing you can do if your performance is buggy or slow but If the battery is bad ,you can buy a new battery or ui buy a very strong power bank

Performance, camera ,ram ,then battery,
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by d3cod3r(m): 11:28am On Mar 14, 2022
Performance is the first thing to consider before budget
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Muokechiedozie(m): 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
d3cod3r:
Performance is the first thing to consider before budget
the first thing to check before buying ANYTHING including a device is your budget. if you can afford any phone presented to you, that's fine
but it isn't the same for others. imagine this scenario, you enter a shop and ask for a good performance phone, and they present xiaomi, apple ,samsung s-series devices to when you have just 50K in your debit card.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Muokechiedozie(m): 9:25pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

Performance,yes performance, anything from snapdragon or apple bionic chipset I don't use it anymore,I have use Upto 25 different phones and what I can say is that it's just better to have a strong performing phone that to have a strong battery phone

There is nothing you can do if your performance is buggy or slow but If the battery is bad ,you can buy a new battery or ui buy a very strong power bank

you na big man na. some of us can only afford entry level mediatek devices. but bros, mediatek chip sets are top notch, i'm referring to the dimensity ones.
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Muokechiedozie(m): 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
Kaymicheal852:

i even missed the camera part
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Muokechiedozie(m): 9:35pm On Mar 14, 2022
selfdefence:
Nice read, for me it's the design and performance.
design matters to me oh (very well), but majority wouldn't care.
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by selfdefence: 9:36pm On Mar 14, 2022
Muokechiedozie:

design matters to me oh (very well), but majority wouldn't care.
yes o, me too, design plays I huge role for me, that's one of the reasons I fell for the phantom x
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by d3cod3r(m): 6:54am On Mar 15, 2022
Muokechiedozie:

the first thing to check before buying ANYTHING including a device is your budget. if you can afford any phone presented to you, that's fine
but it isn't the same for others. imagine this scenario, you enter a shop and ask for a good performance phone, and they present xiaomi, apple ,samsung s-series devices to when you have just 50K in your debit card.
Lol budget? That's how people buy underpowered devices for what they want to use the devices for. I'm in a market setting and I have seen cases where people place budget before performance and bought phones or other things that won't serve their intended purposes and after explaining to them they started regretting and wished they had held off and saved more. This is common with the tech illiterates. Many shop owners don't educate their customers. Their own is just to sell. It is better to save more and get something that would serve you in the long run or make other decisions like buying older or used high-ends instead of budget devices. Peace.
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by eyeses: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2022
Budget, performance and design.
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Muokechiedozie(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2022
d3cod3r:

Lol budget? That's how people buy underpowered devices for what they want to use the devices for. I'm in a market setting and I have seen cases where people place budget before performance and bought phones or other things that won't serve their intended purposes and after explaining to them they started regretting and wished they had held off and saved more. This is common with the tech illiterates. Many shop owners don't educate their customers. Their own is just to sell. It is better to save more and get something that would serve you in the long run or make other decisions like buying older or used high-ends instead of budget devices. Peace.
i see your point. i would rather save more money to buy a better phone than to use my budget to buy a bad one, or one that wouldn't
serve its purpose.thanks for the insight
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by saxby(f): 1:08am On Mar 16, 2022
Muokechiedozie:
True talk Bro, i highlighted it sef. its the first thing to check cool
yes o, it's really the first thing, I wonder those who are saying otherwise.
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by saxby(f): 1:13am On Mar 16, 2022
d3cod3r:

abeg anyhow you put it, budget still comes first, no matter the performance you are looking for, if you can't afford it nothing will happen and you're not buying anything, so at the end of the day whatever performance you are looking for in a phone has to be within your budget. Or na steal you wan steal the phone wey get performance pass your budget
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by d3cod3r(m): 6:39am On Mar 16, 2022
saxby:
abeg anyhow you put it, budget still comes first, no matter the performance you are looking for, if you can't afford it nothing will happen and you're not buying anything, so at the end of the day whatever performance you are looking for in a phone has to be within your budget. Or na steal you wan steal the phone wey get performance pass your budget
Do you really wanna argue this? All these kids sef. What's the point of buying something that can't serve you. Oga or madam, you must have that in your head before any other thing. One of my customers bought a laptop and came for games installation, my first look at it I told him that he just wasted his money. He bought scrap that can't even handle PES 2015 to play latest games. Nigga was heartbroken. I have seen people complaining of lag and storage issues countless times when they could have afforded a better device if they had a bit more patience. This may not matter to light phone users but if your use case demands that certain features must be met, then that would be your priority not budget. Una job is just to push product, na we dey ground dey contain the disaster of low quality phones flooding the market. Peace.
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by d3cod3r(m): 6:46am On Mar 16, 2022
What happened to saving up to get your dream phone? What happened to buying older or used flagship? Budget my ass. Keep brainwashing illiterates. Thank God I saw the light in tech world a long time ago. I'm above brainwashing.
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by Kaymicheal852: 7:54am On Mar 16, 2022
Muokechiedozie:

you na big man na. some of us can only afford entry level mediatek devices. but bros, mediatek chip sets are top notch, i'm referring to the dimensity ones.

Yes ,the dimensity are very good but you really sees it on transhions phones ,we all have different financial capabilities and there is some some phones ,like Samsung as ultra or iphone 13 that I can't afford,or I can say I won't break bank for ,I'll either wait for few months for the price to go down very well ,and not using the best if phones in town doesn't mean you don't have otwhr good things happening in your life

If the phone someone carries around is his /her biggest asset ,that means that person is either a teenager or an adult kids or plain emotional dumb

But my main objective is that it's just better to use an old flaship phone that a new budget or midrange phone ,look at your budget ,then go for old flaship with the best battery life you can get and get a power bank and thank me later

I once believe newer midrangers are better and I even argue with people about it until Samsung A71 (180k) disappointed me and I later got Googe pixel 2xk ( I get a could only get a very old one for just 60k ) and it changed my thinking about android flasgship phones forever,it's still my longest serving phone apart from my Infinix hot 5 back in the days

The Google pixel 2xl lasted 7 months and it's eaily the best phone I ever one before I later get iphone x , iphone 11, Googe pixel 3xl and Samsung S10 Plus respectively, you see now that I'm not a Big man
Re: Things To Consider Before Purchasing A New Smartphone by SirNumeroUno: 7:59am On Mar 16, 2022
d3cod3r:

Thank up u for this insight
Kaymicheal852:

Yes ,the dimensity are very good but you really sees it on transhions phones ,we all have different financial capabilities and there is some some phones ,like Samsung as ultra or iphone 13 that I can't afford,or I can say I won't break bank for ,I'll either wait for few months for the price to go down very well ,and not using the best if phones in town doesn't mean you don't have otwhr good things happening in your life

If the phone someone carries around is his /her biggest asset ,that means that person is either a teenager or an adult kids or plain emotional dumb

But my main objective is that it's just better to use an old flaship phone that a new budget or midrange phone ,look at your budget ,then go for old flaship with the best battery life you can get and get a power bank and thank me later

I once believe newer midrangers are better and I even argue with people about it until Samsung A71 (180k) disappointed me and I later got Googe pixel 2xk ( I get a could only get a very old one for just 60k ) and it changed my thinking about android flasgship phones forever,it's still my longest serving phone apart from my Infinix hot 5 back in the days

The Google pixel 2xl lasted 7 months and it's eaily the best phone I ever one before I later get iphone x , iphone 11, Googe pixel 3xl and Samsung S10 Plus respectively, you see now that I'm not a Big man

(1) (Reply)

Which One Is A Better Buy Between Samsung S10 And Pixel 4 Xl / We Unlock All Types Of Router's And Mifi From 5g,4g & 3g / Fintech Guru, Jesam Micheal Opens Biggest Apple Store In Africa, Reveals Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.