Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Between computer science and software engineering - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Between computer science and software engineering (1910 Views)

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa / Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? / Please Help Differentiate Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Between computer science and software engineering by Hannania(m): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2022
Studymore123:

Shows you have a solid plan in place. So you got few months left in the country. Hard work pays.

A recruiter reached out to me sometime ago for Backend software developers proficient in C#, Python, C++ or Java and with at least 5 years of experience. The company also sponsor their immigration and relocation. So they are opportunities out there if you put in the work.
You're right. The challenge is just to get the first 2years of experience. From then on, any other year stated on the job description is mere formality as long as you understand SDLC and Agile processes.

From then on, getting those opportunities become very easy.
Re: Between computer science and software engineering by jesmond3945: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
Hannania:
Thanks. The secrete is just interview capability. I'm just brushing up on Data Structures and Algorithm. I've chatted a few Recruiters from Meta, Palantir, Amazon, Circus, Raven, and Most importantly Microsoft, and the feedback has been going pretty well. Only Google recruiters are getting hard to reach out to.

Fingers crossed though.
Hi, do you chat them through Linkedin?
Re: Between computer science and software engineering by Hannania(m): 1:32am On Jun 02, 2022
jesmond3945:
Hi, do you chat them through Linkedin?
yea

(1) (2) (Reply)

Here Are Additional 1000+ Beginner Programming Projects & Practice Problems / Top 6 Quality Assurance Checklist For Web Developers / Learn How To Programme Integrated Circuit (IC) Easily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.