Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? (602 Views)

Between computer science and software engineering / What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? / Please Help Differentiate Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? by Tarvel(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2021
Initially, I wanted to study computer science but it got changed to computer engineering. How are both courses different, Please?
Re: Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Tarvel:
Initially, I wanted to study computer science but it got changed to computer engineering. How are both courses different, Please?
Both those terms are misnomers.
Computer science is actually computing science.
Computer engineering is actually electronics engineering.
Now you can tell the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? by Ajibade123(m): 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2021
let me try to break it down in layman's word
computer science has to do with computer software while computer engineering is hardware I may be wrong sha let call lalasticlala to help us out
Re: Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? by stanliwise(m): 7:32am On Apr 16, 2021
Rgade:

cool nice one
Re: Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? by stanliwise(m): 7:34am On Apr 16, 2021
Tarvel:
Science and engineering are two side of same coin. Computer scientist are majorly concerned with computation(calculations and algorithms). Computer Engineering is majorly concerned with computer hardware most especially design and production.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Computer Science And Engineering?? by Tarvel(m): 2:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
Rgade:

Ajibade123:
let me try to break it down in layman's word
computer science has to do with computer software while computer engineering is hardware I may be wrong sha let call lalasticlala to help us out

stanliwise:

Science and engineering are two side of same coin. Computer scientist are majorly concerned with computation(calculations and algorithms). Computer Engineering is majorly concerned with computer hardware most especially design and production.

Thank you for responding smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Web Developer Needed / AWS Penetration Testing: Tools And Checklist / Watch Free Linux Tutorials Here And Join Chatroom To Ask Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.