Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine (389 Views)

Labour Party Takes Offence At APC’s Use Of NAF Jets For Campaigns / Felix Chidi Idiga Known As Jafac Donated 2 Private Jets For Tinubu Campaign / NAF Fighter Jets Eliminate 120 Zamfara Bandits In Airstrikes At Sububu Forest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2022
WASHINGTON, March 8 (Reuters) - The United States rejected a surprise offer by NATO ally Poland on Tuesday to transfer its Russian-made MiG-29 fighter jets to a U.S. base in Germany as a way to replenish Ukraine's air force in its defense against invading Russian forces.

The United States has sought to speed weapons deliveries to Ukraine. But the prospect of flying combat aircraft from NATO territory into the war zone "raises serious concerns for the entire NATO alliance," the Pentagon said.

NATO has said it does not want direct conflict with Russia, a fellow nuclear-armed power, and President Joe Biden has ruled out sending U.S. troops into Ukraine to fight, something the Pentagon has said would apply to troops on the ground or in the air, flying missions.

"It is simply not clear to us that there is a substantive rationale for it," Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said of Poland's proposal.

"We will continue to consult with Poland and our other NATO allies about this issue and the difficult logistical challenges it presents, but we do not believe Poland’s proposal is a tenable one."

Poland's foreign ministry announced on Tuesday that it was ready to deploy its MiG-29 jets to Ramstein Air Base in Germany and put them at the disposal of the United States. It urged other members of the alliance that had other such aircraft to do the same.

The U.S. State Department's No. 3 diplomat said the Polish proposal caught the United States by surprise.

"To my knowledge, it wasn't pre-consulted with us that they planned to give these planes to us," State Department Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland told a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-surprised-polands-decision-give-it-fighter-jets-ukraine-2022-03-08/

Re: U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2022
"It's like WestMerica is afraid of RussChina". - Village People Spokesperson

1 Like

Re: U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine by Kingpin1000: 1:37pm On Mar 09, 2022
The all the videos I watched, I can only see Russians using WW11 armored vehicles no modern artillery. Is it that they are preparing for a bigger war.
In between,the chenchen Leader's sons joined the war in Ukraine 3 days ago. Would Yusuf the son of Buhari be able to do that.
I also noticed the Ukrainian media keep publishing deaths of Chechen commanders but these dead commanders keep posting videos to refute the claims and show there advancement into Ukraine.

If the Ukrainians are leading in the aerial battle and bringing down Russian Jets on daily bases,why are they begging for more fighter jets.
It tells you that, the media has been lying and putting Ukrainians in danger.
Re: U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine by IgOga(m): 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kingpin1000:
The all the videos I watched, I can only see Russians using WW11 armored vehicles no modern artillery. Is it that they are preparing for a bigger war.
In between,the chenchen Leader's sons joined the war in Ukraine 3 days ago. Would Yusuf the son of Buhari be able to do that.
I also noticed the Ukrainian media keep publishing deaths of Chechen commanders but these dead commanders keep posting videos to refute the claims and show there advancement into Ukraine.

If the Ukrainians are leading in the aerial battle and bringing down Russian Jets on daily bases,why are they begging for more fighter jets.
It tells you that, the media has been lying and putting Ukrainians in danger.

You can watch a more balanced view of the war on bitchute

https://www.bitchute.com/video/zRu7iXZBspkr/
Re: U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine by omowolewa: 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
IgOga:

You can watch a more balanced view of the war on bitchute

https://www.bitchute.com/video/zRu7iXZBspkr/

Okay
Re: U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine by Biodun556(m): 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2022
grin
Re: U.S. Rejects Poland's Offer To Give It Russian-made Fighter Jets For Ukraine by Mynd44: 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2022

(1)

Secret Female Killer Squad Exposed!!! / Belarus May Be Preparing To Invade Ukraine / I Was Rushing To Go And Meet My Doctors In Us – Obiano Breaks Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.