Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica (23915 Views)

Huge Antarctica Snow Cruiser Is Missing Since 1940 In The Antarctica(Photos) / Moment Airbus A340 Passenger Plane Lands In Antarctica For The First Time(Pics) / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by genosof776: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lost ship ...ha
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by sapientia(m): 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
Lost and found
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Ugmama(m): 8:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
I wish people can endureike endurance in life
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Kobicove(m): 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
Explorers:
The expedition team.

Photo issued by Falklands Maritime Heritage Trust of (left to right) John Shears, expedition leader; Mensun Bound, director of exploration; Nico Vincent, expedition sub-sea manager; J.C. Caillens, off-shore manager, holding the first scan of the Endurance wreckage alongside photos from Frank Hurley, the Australian adventurer and official photographer on Sir Ernest Shackleton's Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition.

I was not expecting to see a black person in the expedition team...I was not disappointed grin
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Blackdisciple(m): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
That Antarctica ehhh I'm thinking if that side of the world do see sun ...
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by kenny714433(m): 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
In this case Jack Sparrow will say:
Abandon ship or abandoned hope... grin

Those are my kind of men. I wonder why I was born in this age sef.. Adventure is dead.
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Charly68: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2022
When I look at what you guys are doing I asked myself if we in the same world and that is why I have vowed to Excell in gifted area whether the devil likes it or not.. whether our politicians are serious not serious ..
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by ButterBurger: 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2022
This Antarctica en, it's just a continent that people can't build settlements.
Na wa
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Lightorder: 9:26pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Na wao...

So all those years passed, "una no look for the ship na now day break"
E concern you ?
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Lightorder: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2022
Explorers , God bless you sir . You made my day.

1 Like

Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Jeju: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2022
I remember this documentary series vividly from discovery channel back then, "Shackleton and Scott" the expedition of the south pole.
Life channels are the best.
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2022
You just have to have some admiration for divers, the lads that actually go deep into the body of waters to search for these things.
The Artic ocean is the least explored and it takes a lot of courage and expertise to get down there.
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by KingArkad(m): 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
Thanks Explorers! na only Russian ukrain i dey since last week.

1 Like

Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by LordReed(m): 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Na wao...

So all those years passed, "una no look for the ship na now day break"

You think the sea is as small as your backyard?
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by AngelicBeing: 12:07am On Mar 11, 2022
grin
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by goodheart01: 12:47am On Mar 11, 2022
Mikelarteta:
Nice job Putin

Are u high?? What have u been sniffing?
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Mikelarteta(m): 3:35am On Mar 11, 2022
goodheart01:

Are u high?? What have u been sniffing?

Lol
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Elidrisy20: 5:53am On Mar 11, 2022
This one na Titanic Junior brother
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by chachanga: 7:46am On Mar 11, 2022
2nqey:
This is the kind of Expedition I'd love to partake in.

No o, with the kind of brain numbing cold winters we have here, I've vowed not to ever go near that much ice. I intend to spend the kish I'm busting my ass for in a warm temperate haven someday.
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Funjosh(m): 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
Explorer I greet you Boss
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by Explorers(m): 8:21pm On Mar 11, 2022
Funjosh:
Explorer I greet you Boss

Both hands and right leg in the air brother.
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by POPSTAGoCrazy: 7:50pm On Mar 14, 2022
Lovely to behold.
Re: Shackleston's Lost Ship, Endurance Found 106 Years After Disaster In Antarctica by AlphaTaikun: 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
Explorers:
The wreck of Sir Ernest Shackleton's ship Endurance has been found 107 years after it became trapped in sea ice and sank off the coast of Antarctica.

Falklands Maritime Heritage Trust said the wooden ship, which had not been seen since it went down in the Weddell Sea in 1915, was found at a depth of 9,868 feet (3,008 metres).

Remarkable footage of the wreck shows it has been astonishingly preserved, with the ship's wheel still intact and the name 'Endurance' still perfectly visible on the ship's stern.

The Endurance22 Expedition had set off from Cape Town, South Africa in February this year, a month after the 100th anniversary of Sir Ernest's death on a mission to locate it.

Endurance was found approximately four miles south of the position originally recorded by the ship's captain Frank Worsley, but within the search area defined by the expedition team before its departure from Cape Town.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10593291/Shackletons-lost-ship-Endurance-107-years-sinking.html
Great discovery. smiley The next step
would be to haul the boat up
and restore any part of the boat
that may need fixing!

#Shackleton'sEndurance

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Immigration Deploys Personnel To Niger-Nigeria Border, Begins Blockade / Another Trafficked Nigerian Lady, Omowumi Rhoda, repatriated / How We Escaped Accident At Abuja Yesterday(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.