Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Proverbs 22:6 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Proverbs 22:6 (478 Views)

FL Studio Crack 22.6.1 With Serial Number Free 2024 / Proverbs 22:6 / Some Igala Proverbs,adage And Wise Saying In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proverbs 22:6 by YemideyforYOU: 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2022
I was involuntarily listening to a radio program while I was inside one of these vehicles that do ‘along’ on my way to work in Abuja last week. I don’t usually do radio programs so you would imagine my frustration listening to this man speaking pidgin as I was already late for work on my first week on the job, I just dey imagine how when I finally buy my Benz, how nobody for this Abuja go hear word again.
In the midst of my fantasies, something the radio host was saying drew my attention. He was talking about how our leaders are scared of their children, that they steal our money then their kids then steal this money from them and spend it waywardly, buying race cars and racing the streets of the Federal Capital Territory. It reminded me of the conversation I had with a colleague a day or two earlier where he told me that some of these rich and spoilt kids even self harm and do bizarre stuff just to get the attention of their parents, omo x1000, e be things!
They say, ‘if you raise your children well, you can spoil your grandchildren, but if you spoil your children, you would have to raise your grandchildren’. I have seen first hand how it is the norm for rich parents to over pamper their kids and the result is kids who are reckless, irresponsible and wayward. In some cases, these kids even suffer emotional, psychological and/or mental problems due to their improper upbringing. I have a friend who is quite privileged and confided in me once about his relationship with his dad. He said, whenever he has a problem and is trying to talk to his dad about it or even just trying to reach his father, what he gets is a credit alert in response, sometimes his calls are not even taken by his dad who cares more about his business and career than his family. He said, he is glad that he enjoys all the privileges he’s enjoying, he had all he wanted growing up, he vacationed overseas occasionally and he is not trying to negate the fact that he wants the money, but sometimes all he wants is his dad’s attention, not a credit alert anytime he dials his dad’s number, in his words, “no be everything be money”. Obviously, I couldn’t relate. As the last child, I had enough of my dad growing up and I want the credit alert biko!
Now, the reason for all this plenty ‘turanci’ is, I have observed the Okorocha family from a distance, how closely knitted the family is, his relationship with his children and how responsible all of his children are. I know for a fact that his children are also entrepreneurs in their own right and are actively invested in the country and involved in His Excellency Rochas Okorocha’s campaign. A perfect example is his first daughter, Uloma Nwosu, who is married to Uche Nwosu. That woman is her father’s backbone. He relies on her a lot to run his campaign and his businesses also and she carries it out with phenomenal efficiency. I don’t know anyone who would build such an empire and leave it in the hands of an incompetent person to run it. She simply embodies the word ‘excellence’.
There has been a lot of criticism about Senator Rochas appointing his family members into places of power, but nobody understands that he does this because he believes in them and they have proven to be responsible and competent enough for the job. He raised excellent kids, who are also following in his footsteps and gearing up to be great citizens of this country. And he has also raised over 50,000 kids in Nigeria.
This is a man who understands that children are the future of this country and as a result of this, he has spent over half of his life investing in this country’s future.
A father to many
#Rochas2023
#ROADto2023

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

[b] How To Save In Dollars And Earn Interest In Nigeria [/b] / How To Sell Amazon Gift Card In Nigeria / Abia Pdp Guber Primaries Hon. Barr. Ojigbo Thanks Delegates, Urges Party Faithfu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.