Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Politicsbreaking News: Umahi Mobilize 17 Sans To Appeal Court Judgement, Tenders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politicsbreaking News: Umahi Mobilize 17 Sans To Appeal Court Judgement, Tenders (328 Views)

2023: Atiku Employs 19 SANs To Challenge Tinubu’s Victory / Peter Obi Hires 20 SANs To Challenge Presidential Election Result / 150 Sans To Defend CJN At Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politicsbreaking News: Umahi Mobilize 17 Sans To Appeal Court Judgement, Tenders by azuba4u: 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2022
The governor of Ebonyi state Chief David Umahi on Wednesday said he has mobilized seventeen (17) senior Advocates of Nigeria, SANs to appeal the federal High court judgement, wherein he was sacked as a governor of Ebonyi state.

He however, reversed the alleged uncomplemtary statement made against the trail judge of a Federal High court sitting in Abuja, justice Inyang Ekwo and tendered apology to the Nigeria Barr Association, NBA.

Umahi made this known while addressing over two thousand members of the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC, Ebonyi state chapter including stakeholders of the state at a solidarity rally that took place at the Udensi round about, staged to declare their support and loyalty to the governor.

He said that he has mobilized over seventeen (17) SANs to Appeal the judgement of the federal High court sitting in Abuja led by justice Inyang Ekwo, wherein he was sacked for defecting from the opposition party, Peoples Democratic party, PDP, to the ruling APC.

Umahi said that he has no regret in defecting to the ruling APC and threatened to engage in battle with the opposition party, Peoples Democratic party, PDP in Ebonyi state, especially for trying to distract his administration.

“I’m still the governor of Ebonyi state and I’m still working. I said the lawyers of PDP are the one doing forum shopping and I’m going to write against the lawyers to NBA to discipline them because the judge was misled. The blame was not on the judge. The blame is on the PDP lawyers who misled the judge.

“And I’m using the opportunity to let Nigerians know that nobody castigated the judge and we will not, and because the matter was not before any judge.

“Today, we have appealed the judgement. We have done three things; we have done the appeal at Enugu, and when I say that, we have two judgement, I say that the judgement in Ebonyi state which has equal powers with that of Abuja. We said we will obey the judgement in Ebonyi state. We will appeal the judgement of Abuja. We didn’t say we will disobey otherwise we would have not appealed.

” We are before the Appeal of Enugu state and that of Abuja. We have also filed stay of execution. So, we are still the governor and deputy governor of Ebonyi state” he stated.

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Politicsbreaking News: Umahi Mobilize 17 Sans To Appeal Court Judgement, Tenders by Ezinwa120: 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2022
Confused lots
Re: Politicsbreaking News: Umahi Mobilize 17 Sans To Appeal Court Judgement, Tenders by 3exe3: 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2022
He is desperate to keep his power I wonder what must have been done
and will be done behind the scene

1 Like

Re: Politicsbreaking News: Umahi Mobilize 17 Sans To Appeal Court Judgement, Tenders by complexBoss12: 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2022
Let the loot go round!
Re: Politicsbreaking News: Umahi Mobilize 17 Sans To Appeal Court Judgement, Tenders by Kundagarten: 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2022
Even 100 sans can't help him. Let him go and contest under APC. His votes belong to PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Ebun Adegboruwa, SAN, Faultes Judgment Of FHC, Umuahia, Nullifying Section 84(12 / Party Chair: Saliu Mustapha Meets With APC House Of Reps Caucus / Spot The Difference: Between Fuel Scarcity And Fuel Queues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.