Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,360 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

A Note To All Tired Nigerian Freelancers. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Note To All Tired Nigerian Freelancers. (229 Views)

Payment Challenges Faced By Nigerian Freelancers On International Freelancing Ap / The Shocking Break-up Between Payoneer And Nigerian Freelancers / 4 Common Mistakes Made By Nigerian Freelancers That Leaves Them Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Note To All Tired Nigerian Freelancers. by TylerWarr: 9:53pm On Mar 09, 2022
First, how're you?

Really, how're you? Gist me in the comments.

I know the Nigerian government is not making it easy for you to make the money you need to sustain yourself.

I get it.

I remember one time I lost a copywriting gig because the company only paid via PayPal and as you well know, PayPal is banned in Nigeria.

Can you even imagine that?�

Do you also rememeber that time Transferwise stopped operating in Nigeria? I lost $2k.

I wanted to die.

But did I?

Nah, one thing I believe is; the only time I'll give up is when I'm dead!

I've tried oh, my guy, I have tried as a freelancer.

What have I not done?

Subscribing to tons of job emails that promise to send me high-paying writing jobs and when those jobs come, it's either it's an america-only job or they want to kill me with workload.

There was this one time this Filipino employer wanted me to write 30 high quality articles every week while paying me 40k Naira/Month ��

You dey whyne me

If I start telling you all the stories of my experience as a freelancer, LinkedIn servers will overheat.

But is there a way for a freelancer to climb above all of this nonsense challenges and start making a decent living?

Of course there is.

You just don't know it yet.

Even the Christian holy book said "my people perish for lack of knowledge"

If you're hungry and I hide chicken inside a plate in the kitchen without telling you, what are your chances of finding that juicy chicken

Omoh, me I like chicken and it's my life mission to find chicken and enjoy it.

And, let me not lie, the Chicken of making dollars is sweet!

But how did I even do it?

Like I did I get to the point where I get jobs without applying?

1. Positioning myself so the best opportunities can find me.

2. Leveling up my skill to the point where any employer knows I'm worth every dollar! (Can you say this for yourself?)

There's more but this post is getting longer so I'll talk about them in details subsequently.

Lol.

Anyways, please take care of yourself and don't let this country run you down.

There's always a way, and if you're willing to find it, work for it and apply everythimg you learn, you'll realize how easy it is to make money as a freelancer.

Cheers.
Triumph.

P.S
If you're tired of the hassle of earning peanuts as a Nigerian freelancer, connect with me on WhatsApp https:///ss4kkj, I work on my own terms now so I have time to answer all your questions.A NOTE TO ALL TIRED NIGERIAN FREELANCERS.

First, how're you?

I know the Nigerian government is not making it easy for you to make the money you need to sustain yourself.

I get it.

I remember one time I lost a copywriting gig because the company only paid via PayPal and as you well know, PayPal is banned in Nigeria.

Do you also rememeber that time Transferwise stopped operating in Nigeria? I lost $2k.

I wanted to die.

But did I?

What have I not done?

Subscribing to tons of job emails that promise to send me high-paying writing jobs and when those jobs come, it's either it's an america-only job or they want to kill me with workload.

There was this one time this Filipino employer wanted me to write 30 high quality articles every week while paying me 40k Naira/Month ��

You dey whyne me

If I start telling you all the stories of my experience as a freelancer, LinkedIn servers will overheat.

But is there a way for a freelancer to climb above all of this nonsense challenges and start making a decent living?

Of course there is.

If you're hungry and I hide chicken inside a plate in the kitchen without telling you, what are your chances of finding that juicy chicken

2. Leveling up my skill to the point where any employer knows I'm worth every dollar! (Can you say this for yourself?)

There's more but this post is getting longer so I'll talk about them in details subsequently.

Lol.

There's always a way, and if you're willing to find it, work for it and apply everythimg you learn, you'll realize how easy it is to make money as a freelancer.

Cheers.
Triumph.

P.S
If you're tired of the hassle of earning peanuts as a Nigerian freelancer, connect with me on WhatsApp https:///ss4kkj, I work on my own terms now so I have time to answer all your questions.

Re: A Note To All Tired Nigerian Freelancers. by SamuelLoch: 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2022
TylerWarr:

First, how're you?

I get it.

I wanted to die.

But did I?

What have I not done?

You dey whyne me

Of course there is.

Lol.

Cheers.
Triumph.

P.S
If you're tired of the hassle of earning peanuts as a Nigerian freelancer, connect with me on WhatsApp https:///ss4kkj, I work on my own terms now so I have time to answer all your questions.

Thanks, man

It's the season, I guess.
With more practice and persistence, we the strugglers would scale through smiley
Re: A Note To All Tired Nigerian Freelancers. by Zidoh(m): 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2022
Yes you all shouldnt give up there's always a pay day for every legit huslter out there.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Close A High Ticket Deal Even As A Complete Beginner / For Sale: Holystone HS720E Drone / Want To Sell Online But You Don't Know How? Then Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.