Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers (13958 Views)

Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers / Mike Ozekhome: Judgment Sacking Umahi Cannot Stand Appeal Court Scrutiny / Court Sack Of Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers In Order — Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by bluefilm: 8:04am On Mar 10, 2022
jaxxy:

I thought umahi was the best thing after sliced bread in ebonyi so how come these statements or is there no credibility to them?

Well there is no smoke without fire they say. If not totally true it must be part true.

People will always find a reason to complain about their leaders.

You can never satisfy everyone.

The best you can do is to try and satisfy a larger proportion of the masses.

Then all those dissenting voices will be strategically silenced.
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by bluefilm: 8:05am On Mar 10, 2022
edogu:

Which champion? Do you know what Ebonyians are going through? No promotion or salary increase for the past eight years. No gratuity for retired civil servants. Even when FG intervened with bailout funds, this man had the gut to pay retired workers 20% of their gratuity. This is after harrowed experience of going through one documentation or the other. Let's not even talk about tax increase.

Have you ever wondered how he gets money for those infrastructural projects? Loans, direct labour, draconian tax,deductions from workers' salaries (both university and college of education workers receive 20% deductions from their salaries). As am typing this, university workers are yet to receive their February salary. The funny part is that you dare not challenge him or his boys will come for your head. In case you don't know,some of the concrete roads have started disintegrating. So forget about some of the things you read from the media.

Hmmm... I'm really shocked to hear this.

2 Likes

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Bonessaw(m): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2022
IKBARUTEN11:
[s]Umahi is a greedy clown and an infidel

It is on record that during the 2019 general elections, Umahi with the consent of the Ebonyi electoral body slashed the votes of Atiku massively to reduce the winning gap

Umahi cannot be trusted in APC either[/s]
What is our business with Atiku. Umahi is going nowhere, tell that to your sponsors.
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Psoul(m): 8:18am On Mar 10, 2022
bluefilm:
Umahi is the champion of Infrastructural development.

Umahi for President.

He is not the one behind those projects in Ebonyi State.
The Islamic Organization is behind it.
They have a plan of taking over that state in the near future.
That is why you will see the biggest Islamic School in Nigeria right there in Ebonyi State.
You see the Islamic religion seriously converting those Eboyians to become Moslems.
Umahi is just a mere supervisor of the project.
He has no options than to carry out those projects just the way his masters want.
Ok...tell me. DO you want to tell me that Umahi is such a saint that will not like to embezzle state resources just like his fellow governors are doing.
What is the IGR of that State.
Compare it with the kind of projects completed and those still going on. Do you think the the allocation and IGR of that state can handle them?

1 Like

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by nzeobi(m): 8:21am On Mar 10, 2022
Prof Ben odoh was my lecturer in unizik and I agree with everything he has said.

What ebonyi needs is not building flyovers for Keke and okada rivers but a genuine plan to poverty reduction through agriculture and attracting agro processing industries.

I said this on Facebook and most ebonyi people attacked me and called me names when in the actual sence, they are poor and behind in most indices of development

1 Like

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 10, 2022
bluefilm:
Umahi is the champion of Infrastructural development.

Umahi for President.

I like the infrastructural development Umahi gas done in Ebonyi, but if that guy becomes President (which he can't), Nigeria is finished.

The guy doesn't accept criticism at all. Arresting people like say him na god. I think he deliberately created Ebubeagu for this sole purpose.

He doesn't care about the average Ebonyians. Poverty dey Ebonyi very well. He doesn't even care about Educating his people.. illiteracy in Ebonyi should be one of the highest in Nigeria. I heard he slashed the salaries of civil servants when he became governor. He has not made any single appointment into the civil service since he became governor. There are not up to 8 Doctors in the state that are in the state government payroll. Health sector poor, Education sector poor.

He just believes building roads and brdiges is what governance is all about.

2 Likes

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by galantjoe(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2022
Prof Odoh is indeed earned his professorial title on merit.

His comment is subtle, piercing and meaningful.

Let Umahi take corrections, but before that. let say this, how did he came to power. Umahi came to power by ''killing" his master to become governor. As a historian, history is a good judge of men

1 Like

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by comrChris(m): 8:50am On Mar 10, 2022
Psoul:

He is not the one behind those projects in Ebonyi State.
The Islamic Organization is behind it.
They have a plan of taking over that state in the near future.
That is why you will see the biggest Islamic School in Nigeria right there in Ebonyi State.
You see the Islamic religion seriously converting those Eboyians to become Moslems.
Umahi is just a mere supervisor of the project.
He has no options than to carry out those projects just the way his masters want.
Ok...tell me. DO you want to tell me that Umahi is such a saint that will not like to embezzle state resources just like his fellow governors are doing.
What is the IGR of that State.
Compare it with the kind of projects completed and those still going on. Do you think the the allocation and IGR of that state can handle them?
Continue talking nonsense
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by JubrinElSudan: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2022
4tomandchi:
Let them go and learn the act of politicing from Obaseki!!!

Igbo politicians are still making the mistake of 1956
From who? Obaseki that is threatening to decamp from PDP cos he doesn't hold grip of the party in the state. He is not the first politician to decamp and win an election in his new party.
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2022
I hope military will seize the opportunity to dethrone the civilian rule in Nigeria because all this useless court rulings contradicting each order can lead a country to a comatose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Psoul(m): 9:30am On Mar 10, 2022
comrChris:
Continue talking nonsense

Please, can you give us the true story since this one is nonsense.
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by IfnobeGod20: 9:33am On Mar 10, 2022
Angrymode:
A wonderful judgement. I hope this judgement is held at the supreme court to stop political harlotry in this country. Enough is enough!
No matter how colourful and wonderful a situation may look like, if not in line with the constitution, then, it is vague and unconstitutional.
The dynamism of the constitution makes some thing surprising but nothing we can do about it until it is reflected in it. Thankfully, it is part of the bill just passed at the National Assembly, ready to be forwarded to the State Assembly for passage, hoping it will scale through by 2/3 of Assemblies and later be assented to by the president. I think is on item 56 or 58 thereabout.
That judge really erred in law, a sworn in president, vice president, governor and deputy governor that have received certificate of returned cannot be removed by any judge just because he defected. They can only be removed either by death, resignation or impeachment and that was what constitution captured for now. If he has not received the certificate of returned, then is another thing. This case has been determined by the supreme court of the land between Atiku vs Antoney General of the federation when he defected to ACN in late 2006 or thereabout.
If the new bill can be passed, then no elected individual will want to contemplate defecting without division within his/her party and it must be at the National Level.
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by IfnobeGod20: 9:47am On Mar 10, 2022
emmykk:
The judgment is very on point let see the kind of judgement the supreme court will make to turn this down.

The judge pour out what is morally right now left for cash and carry and paddy supreme court to fool themselves
What is morally right, may not be constitutionally right because we are guided by law and not by emotion.
There are guidelines to removing a state governor, his deputy, President and his Vice. Defection is never part of it and that has been dealt with in the case between Atiku and Antoney General of the Federation when Atiku defected to ACN. It's only the legislators that can be removed for changing of party but not those group above.
As soon as they received the certificate of return, only death, resignation and impeachment can remove them constitutionally. They are just trying to introduce that clause into the constitution in the new passed bill and that National Assembly, I think is item 56 or 58 of the just passed bills. If it scale through at the State Assembly and the president assented to it, then it becomes a law and no elected individual can cross carpet again.
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Sharatan(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2022
If Umahi's tenure as the governor of Ebonyi state has promoted the infrastructural outlook of the state, then let it be.
The former governor Elechi under the PDP didn't do anything visible for the people of the state. There was a lot of bad roads and corruption going on then in the state.
Moreover, each governor has his plans for a state so if his plans for the state is just infrastructure let it be., When another governor is voted in after Umahi's tenure let him focus on agriculture or the civil service or any other thing but let one thing be.
Nigeria is already as bad as it is. We have to move one step at a time if we hope to achieve anything substantial.
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by DSC7: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2022
galantjoe:

Let Umahi take corrections, but before that. let say this, how did he came to power. Umahi came to power by killing his master to become governor. As a historian, history is a good judge of men

Bishop? undecided

1 Like

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by elsiusgr8t(m): 10:09am On Mar 10, 2022
This man is actually a professor....
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by elsiusgr8t(m): 10:19am On Mar 10, 2022
galantjoe:

Let Umahi take corrections, but before that. let say this, how did he came to power. Umahi came to power by ''killing" his master to become governor. As a historian, history is a good judge of men

With all sincerity, he is a professor..... I felt it.

As I was reading this piece, I said same to myself....

I'm wondering how he was able to give such deep and appealing comment without any atom of partisanship..

These are the real role models...

1 Like

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Tareq1105: 10:21am On Mar 10, 2022
Stevenson20:
I just pray the Supreme Court will uphold the ruling so that our useless polithiefcians will get sense small. Always running from one party to the other like prostitutes

I also wish it so bcoz it's disgusting but there's no where, either in the Nigeria constitution or Electoral Act or judicial precedent, it's written that a governor that change party will loose his seat.

It only talked about lawmakers and not a governor, dep Gov, president, and Vice.

So, the judgement cannot stand bcoz it has no basis in our constitution or Electoral Act or any judicial precedent.
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by elsiusgr8t(m): 10:23am On Mar 10, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

No matter how colourful and wonderful a situation may look like, if not in line with the constitution, then, it is vague and unconstitutional.
The dynamism of the constitution makes some thing surprising but nothing we can do about it until it is reflected in it. Thankfully, it is part of the bill just passed at the National Assembly, ready to be forwarded to the State Assembly for passage, hoping it will scale through by 2/3 of Assemblies and later be assented to by the president. I think is on item 56 or 58 thereabout.
That judge really erred in law, a sworn in president, vice president, governor and deputy governor that have received certificate of returned cannot be removed by any judge just because he defected. They can only be removed either by death, resignation or impeachment and that was what constitution captured for now. If he has not received the certificate of returned, then is another thing. This case has been determined by the supreme court of the land between Atiku vs Antoney General of the federation when he defected to ACN in late 2006 or thereabout.
If the new bill can be passed, then no elected individual will want to contemplate defecting without division within his/her party and it must be at the National Level.

Are you in this country and abreast with the political happenings in this country so
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Monchengladbach(m): 10:43am On Mar 10, 2022
Everyday is for the thief but one day is for the owner.
Umahi regime is a rouge regime with a commando style.
He threw away the baby with the bathe water by slashing workers salary into 2 in the guise of chasing ghost workers.
For a more practical analysis a � graduate was earning 56,000 naira when he contested for governor in 2014, immediately he was sworn in he cut it to 28,000 naira.
At present its 35,000 naira.
Umahi can never retire from governor in peace or goodwill even if he stays as governor.

Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by guychidile: 11:38am On Mar 10, 2022
In naija,it's every day with fresh news
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Esdochris(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2022
oryina83
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Esdochris(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2022
Esdochris
Is ok
Re: Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers by Rawhumper(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
very good and big kuđdos to the judge.

These political harlots should be taught a
lesson. Hei must vacate that seat since others
respected like Ihedioha respected rule of
law. He should do the same,hope the apex court upholds the judgement.

quote author=Wisdomkosi post=110905157]Remain Focused On A Better Democratic Future For Ebonyi - ex-SSG, Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers

Source : https://igberetvnews.com/1416281/ex-ssg-odoh-reacts-court-judgement-sacking-umahi-deputy-lawmakers/[/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG And Japan Seal N2.17bn Electricity Supply Pact / Candidates Jostle For Babachir Lawal’s Position At APC NWC / Garba Shehu refutes Sahara Reporters' Report, Denies writing stories for NAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.