Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS (3842 Views)

Why Are Ohaneze Begging Buhari To Reconstruct "Already Built Roads" By Jonathan? / Nigerian Army Engineers Reconstruct Bridge Blown Up By Boko Haram / Adamawa Demand For N200bn To Reconstruct Facilities Destroyed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS by mensdept: 3:07pm On Jul 03, 2011
Its great to "talk about this", but ultimately the so-called Igbo leaders like Ekwueme and co are there begging to be speaker abi national chairman of PDP without any serious planning.

So you see, there's much more things to clean and repair and such topics as these pyramids would definatley be turned into a world class tourist destination.
Re: PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS by macjive01: 10:04am On Jul 04, 2011
^^^ Its really unfortunate the silly causes we pursue in that country. Such a relic, a priceless entity, our heritage wudnt b celebrated, preserved n maintained.

Why is very successive govt all same?

What does our tourism n culture minister do?
What could possibly be a higher priority for the ministry than to saveguard n preserve our heritage?

This country can b really unbelievable!
Re: PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS by AmunRaOlodumare: 11:03am On Apr 21, 2013
Would be curious about any archaeological work done at those pyramid sites (if they can be found).
Re: PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS by Rossikk(m): 11:08am On Apr 21, 2013
macjive01: [img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/arunsi11.JPG[/img]

Now I am shocked that in all my years of existence I never knew that Igbo people built pyramids, nothing like the gigantic Egyptian pyramids but pyramids nonetheless.

The picture above shows the late G.I Jones in front of a pyramid. He was was a Welsh photographer and anthropologist. His photographs of life in Nigeria in the 1930s, taken whilst serving as a colonial civil servant, led to an interest in ethnology and a second career as an academic at the University of Cambridge.

I am just so shocked that if i hadn't found G.I Jones archives then I would never had found out this amazing piece of out history. I wonder if these pyramids still exist, very unlikely. Knowing Nigerians and their utter disregard for preservation of anything, they have leveled the pyramids and erected some vulgarity on it.

Me I love the white man o!I love the fact that they would come to an unknown land and fall in love with the people and culture even in the most treacherous conditions. People like Mary Slessor who risked her life for strangers.

Most of the pictures I have seen which show my people in the 30's and 1900's were taken by some colonial guy. G.I Jones your are my hero of the month for giving me a glimpse into the past.

http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/
You love the white man? The white man probably destroyed the pyramids after taking those pictures for posterity. Was it not the white man who looted and burned Benin City down to the ground, destroying all the famous ancient buildings that city was known for, and carting off all its treasures? Better go read up on the crimes of the white man in your country before professing your love of him.

1 Like

Re: PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS by lachimdummaga: 10:32am On Dec 07, 2013
macjive01: NAIRALANDERS COULD WE ALL WRITE TO OUR CONSTITUENCY REPs TO  URGE GEJ TO PROVIDE FUNDS TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIAN ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDs.

''The Nsude pyramids in 1935.  These ten circular stepped pyramids were associated with the Uto deity and were made of mud.  Their reconstruction is needed.'' - Bournemouth University Archaeological team.

[img]http://mccoy.lib.siu.edu/jmccall/jones/igbo/arunsi10.JPG[/img]

Source:
http://csweb.bournemouth.ac.uk/africanlegacy/culture.htm
[img][/img]
people, what do you all have to say about the new pyramid discoverd by an hausa man ( a historian ) from NIGER, i'm talking about the new pyramid discoverd in niger republic
Re: PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS by drnoel: 11:28am On Dec 07, 2013
while we are talking about rebuilding pyramids in igboland lets also talk about how our economy can be spurred forward by also rebuilding our groundnut pyramids in the north
Re: PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS by AmunRaOlodumare: 1:34am On Dec 30, 2013
While Ancient Egyptians were imo black Africans. Consider the DNA tribes analysis of the STR value of ancient mummies or the fact that Ramses III is determined to be E1b1a (E-M2), among many other things. But the site was already excavated by the Niger government. Those are not pyramids but rock formations from an earlier era. I read an article about it a few years ago.
Re: PETITION TO RECONSTRUCT NIGERIANS's ARCHAEOLOGICAL PYRAMIDS by Obiobi8(m): 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2016
sad..
It wouldn't surprise me if all those things were destroyed under the command of Awusa Fulani or Yourobber people..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arraignment Of Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Adjourned / Boko Haram:Baga Massacre Has Vindicated Us—nigerian Military / Biafra Day Celebration And Its Implications To Nigeria's Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.