Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water (1238 Views)

Do This Immediately Your Phone Falls Inside Water / Here's What To Do If Your Phone Falls Into Water / Woman Falls To Her Death While Taking Selfie From Balcony (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by YipadaGadgets1: 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2022
*7 Dos and Don'ts When You Get Water in Your Smartphone.*

Got water in your smartphone? Visit a trusted technician for a quick fix. Before that though, administer some first aid yourself!

Don'ts
1. Charge it: the quicket way to complicate whatever damage the water will do on your device is to charge it. This will cause a short circuit which means bad news in layman language.

2. Dry in high heat: hairdryers, ovens, radiators and co are too hot and can damage fragile electronic components in the device. Avoid them like the plague.

3. Press the buttons: the buttons on your device should not be pressed when it isn't completely dry. It can push the water further into your phone.

If you do any of the above, you may be required to change the whole board, or sell your phone off as a scrap.

Dos
1. Switch it off: the first and best move. Submerged your phone in water? Power it off straight up, you don't want your phone packing up just yet.

2. Wriggle and wipe it clean: Shake it, Shake it! Do that vigorously to drain off water lurking inside the device. Remove all accessories attached and wipe the phone clean.

3. Expose to controlled heat: drying it out in the sun is a great way to go. You can as well stuff it in something warm that can help provide heat and extract water from the device. Maybe this is how the rice therapy came through.

4. Back up your data: once the device comes on, transfer all important data you can't bear to lose to another device or the cloud. You can always have access to them that way.

Know any other tip?

Share with Others !!!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 10, 2022
Wetin concern ROG Phone 5 with water drop wahala

4 Likes

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by Tealover(f): 8:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
Just open up the phone and leave it inside raw rice overnight.. Your phone will be in order before dawn sef..
Talking from experience

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by morakakin(m): 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2022
put it in dry rice for some hours.

1 Like

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by Bigfish121(m): 12:10am On Mar 11, 2022
My Samsung galaxy s20 plus is water resistant so this is not for me.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by kingsceemark(m): 12:40am On Mar 11, 2022
Bigfish121:
My Samsung galaxy s20 plus is water resistant so this is not for me.

Tomorrow now you go come here crying for help

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by HYDEEE: 2:41am On Mar 11, 2022
kingsceemark:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:19am On Mar 11, 2022
Just take it to a service centre for fixing. Meanwhile you really don't have to worry about the Oraimo FreePods Pro falling inside the water because it comes equipped with waterproof.

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by Bigfish121(m): 9:09am On Mar 11, 2022
Why you talk so chairman?

kingsceemark:

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 11, 2022
Thank Samsung for ip67 rating. Don't hv to bother about this again.
Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by officialfestus(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
Still using my Samsung till date
Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
This is front page worthy

We need to learn

Not everybody knows this
Thank you bro op
Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by soundOsonic: 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2022
*my phone falls in water*

Me *picks it and Google 7 do's and don't when your phone falls in water*

My phone:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by scarycuteface(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2022
They say putting it in rice works too
Re: 7 Do’s And Don’ts When Your Phone Falls In Water by hoilakes(m): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2022
this got me grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
soundOsonic:
*my phone falls in water*

Me *picks it and Google 7 do's and don't when your phone falls in water*

My phone:

(1) (Reply)

Doing Business In The Uk? Redirect Calls Free To Africa Mobile. / How Much Does Nokia N82 Cost / Need Guide On How To Configure My Nokia 5130c To Browse Wit Opera On Mtn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.