Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,379 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Arrest Of Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Arrest Of Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler (267 Views)

Why I Dumped DJ Cuppy – Ryan Taylor / Dj Cuppy & Ryan Taylor Party With Friends To Celebrate Their Engagement In Dubai / Interview With Black Panther Director Ryan Coogler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arrest Of Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler by Stoicbaba(m): 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2022
(CNN)Ryan Coogler was detained by police in January after being mistaken for a bank robber.

The "Black Panther" director was in Atlanta, attempting to make a withdrawal from his account with Bank of America. The teller received an alert on his account, according to the police report obtained by CNN, because the amount was more than $10,000. The teller notified her superior that she thought Coogler was trying to rob the bank and 911 was called.

Coogler had written a note on the back of his withdrawal slip stating that he wanted the money to be counted discreetly, given the amount, according to the report.

When police arrived, two of Coogler's colleagues, who were waiting for him in a parked vehicle outside the bank, were detained and placed in the back of a police car. Coogler was placed in handcuffs while police investigated the call. He was released shortly after they verified his identity, the police report states.

"This situation should never have happened. However, Bank of America worked with me and addressed it to my satisfaction and we have moved on," Coogler said in a statement to Variety.

CNN has reached out to Coogler's representative for comment.

"We deeply regret that this incident occurred. It never should have happened and we have apologized to Mr. Coogler," Bank of America said in a statement to CNN.

Coogler was in Georgia at the time of the incident, working on production of "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever," the sequel to his 2018 blockbuster.

The film is set for release in November.

Re: Arrest Of Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler by immortalcrown(m): 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hmmm!
Re: Arrest Of Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler by Typicool8(m): 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

"I'm Not Having This" Kanye West Expresses Outrage After Daughter North F....... / Reno Omokri Leaves Strong Message For Ladies Waiting For Mr Right As Fuel Prices / Wahala � 5 Yahoo Boys Dies After Using Mother For Money Rituals With Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.