Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? (3497 Views)

Can You Combine Shawwal Fasting With Al-ayyam Al-beed? / Combining Three Of The Six Days Of Shawwaal With The Ayyaam Al-beed / Significance Of The Month Of Sha’ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by Lukgaf(m): 7:32am On Mar 11, 2022
Next week Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are respectively Al-ayyam al-beed when it is recommended to fast. Since these days fall in Sha'aban this month, is it recommended to fast them? Is fasting them bidha? Below excerpt from IslamQA clears the misconception

Al-ayyam al-beed fasting: When?
it is mustahabb to fast three days each month , and it is best to fast al-ayyam al-beed, which are the 13th, 14th and 15th of the month.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: My close friend [the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)] advised me to do three things which I will not give up until I die: fasting three days of each month, praying Duha and going to sleep after Witr. (Narrated by al-Bukhari (1124); Muslim (721)

Al-Ayyam al-Beed fasting in Sha’ban: Permissible?

Perhaps the one who told you not to fast on those days in this month (Sha’ban) said that because he knew that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) forbade fasting in the latter part of Sha’ban.

In the answer to a question about making up missed Ramadan fasts in the second half of Sha’ban , we have explained that this prohibition applies to one who is starting to fast in the latter part of Sha’ban and does not have a prior habit of fasting.

But if a person starts to fast in the first half of Sha’baan and continues to fast in the latter half, or he has a prior habit of fasting, then there is nothing wrong with him fasting in the latter half of Sha’baan, such as one who has the habit of fasting three days each month, or fasting on Mondays and Thursdays.

Based on this, there is nothing wrong with you fasting three days in Sha’baan, even if some of those happen to be in the latter half of the month.

Fasting in Sha’ban: Recommended?

There is nothing wrong with fasting a great deal in Sha’ban , indeed that is Sunnah. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to fast a great deal during this month.

It was narrated that ‘Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) used to fast until we thought he would not break his fast, and he used not to fast until we thought he would not fast. I never saw the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) fast a complete month except Ramadan and I never saw him fast more than in Sha’ban. (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1868; Muslim, 1165)

Abu Salamah narrated that ‘Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) did not fast in any month more than Sha’ban, and he used to fast all of Sha’ban and he used to say: “Do as much of good deeds as you can, for Allah does not get tired (of giving reward) until you get tired.” And the most beloved of prayers to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) was that in which one persists even if it is little. When he offered a prayer he would persist in doing so. (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 1869; Muslim, 782)

And Allah knows best.

Summary:
It is recommended to fast three days each month, and it is best to fast al-ayyam al-beed, which are the 13th, 14th and 15th of the month. 2- There is nothing wrong with you fasting three days in Sha’ban, even if some of those happen to be in the latter half of the month.

Source:
https://islamqa.info/en/answers/49867/fasting-al-ayyam-al-beed-during-shaban

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2022
Alhamduliillah for the light of Islam.

May Allah grant us the benefit of plenty beneficial & acceptable good deeds till the certainty comes!

2 Likes

Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by advocatejare(m): 9:11am On Mar 11, 2022

Is it commanded by Allah in the Quran to fast three days (Al-ayyam al-beed) in Sha’ba?

Did Muhammad fast fast three days (Al-ayyam al-beed) in Sha’ba?

If the answers to the two questions above are no, then it is Bidah to fast 3 days in Sha’ba!

You can’t be more muslim than Rosulilah wink

1 Like

Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2022
ALL THE ABOVE ARE FOR EVERY MONTH MINUS THE SATURDAYS IF 13,14 OR 15

SHA'BAN CAN BE ALL DAYS MINUS SATURDAYS ONLYS.

BOTH MONDAYS AND THURS ARE SUNNAH AS SHA'BAN FASTS TOO ARE SUNNAH.

SO NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM.
IT IS ONLY RAMADAN AND PENALTY FASTS THAT ARE COMPULSORY AND DIFFERENT FROM ALL THE ABOVES.
Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 11, 2022
I just pray I become a better Muslim everyday I wake.

Salam and juma@ Mubarak to all my online friends (Muslim+ christians+ Jews etc)

2 Likes

Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by 2dominate: 10:50am On Mar 11, 2022
advocatejare:

Is it commanded by Allah in the Quran to fast three days (Al-ayyam al-beed) in Sha’ba?

Did Muhammad fast fast three days (Al-ayyam al-beed) in Sha’ba?

If the answers to the two questions above are no, then it is Bidah to fast 3 days in Sha’ba!

You can’t be more muslim that Rosulilah wink
I'm not suprised this is coming from you, infact i was expecting something worse.
Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by 2dominate: 10:51am On Mar 11, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:
ISLAMQA IS NOT TRUSTED SITE!!

HOW MANY TIMES WILL WE TELL YOU
Go and watch your GOT bro this one pass you.
Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:03am On Mar 11, 2022
2dominate:

Go and watch your GOT bro this one pass you.

Smh
Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2022
Hammyaladin:
I just pray I become a better Muslim everyday I wake.

Salam and juma@ Mubarak to all my online friends (Muslim+ christians+ Jews etc)

It's not Islamic to say jumah Mubarak. It's not in Islam. Shun it
Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by advocatejare(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2022
2dominate:

I'm not suprised this is coming from you, infact i was expecting something worse.
Alhamdulilah that I didn’t disappoint you!
Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by NigerianAngelo(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2022
Fast in honour of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by Rochidero: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2022
C

Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by dmaze: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2022
Jazakumullah Khairan for this beautiful reminder.

More blessings to you and the whole ummah biidznillah ta'aala (aameen thumma aameen).

1 Like

Re: Fasting Al-ayyam Al-beed During Sha’ban: Recommended or Bidha? by Bimpe29: 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
AntiChristian:
Alhamduliillah for the light of Islam.

May Allah grant us the benefit of plenty beneficial & acceptable good deeds till the certainty comes!
Aameen Yaa Raabi.

Walillahi lihamd.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Ayah Of Nur(light) : Spiritual Cardiology Of The Believer :) / Since Muhammad Was A Warner And A Guide / Modesty (Haya): Adornment Of A Believer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.