Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Are Japan And Russia Next? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Japan And Russia Next? (922 Views)

Ipob Tracks Down Buharis Hide Out In Japan And Finds Him Hiding Upstairs / We Don’t Bow To Threats, PMB Should Appear In Japan And Face Us – IPOB Replies J / Arrest And Disgrace Buhari In Japan - Nnamdi Kanu Orders IPOB Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Japan And Russia Next? by Forcetimes: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2022
From forcetimes.com

Are Japan and Russia NEXT?

Japan became the first Asian nation to defeat a European power when it defeated Russia in the Russo-Japanese war of 1904 - 1905 over the disputed Kuril Islands. It's one of the world's oldest territorial disagreements.

Japan and Russia never signed a peace treaty after WW2. The island is known as the Southern Kurils in Russia and the Northern Territories in Japan, the island is thought to have huge offshore reserves in oil and gas.

Russia recently announced it is planning an Economic Zone of the islands and is beefing up its military presence. In December 2021 Russia deployed coastal defense missile systems near the islands as a show of force.

The island was occupied by the Soviets after WW2.

Japan disputes Moscow's claim of sovereignty over the four southern Kuril islands closest to the main Japanese islands of Hokkaido. Last month a U.S submarine was discovered near the Kurils islands during Russian military exercises. Four days ago Japan's Foreign Minister described the four islands as an integral part of Japan. Let's remember Japan has taken one of the strongest positions in the Ukraine crisis.

The island of discord is located between China, Russia, and the Korean empire although history has it that Japan acquired it from China the European power blocked the demand Japan returned it to China. China afterward gave it to Russia so by right the island belonged to China. Whose right is now alienated to Russia? We hope the parties involved should resolve it amicably not just create unnecessary tension in the world. Most certainly America will support Japan and China for Russia.

Re: Are Japan And Russia Next? by Karmaisme(m): 9:28am On Mar 11, 2022
Op, you are the one who needs dirty slap for your warp knowledge of international boundaries.

That island belongs to China, why did you think Japan will fight Russia?
Re: Are Japan And Russia Next? by peacefull(f): 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: Are Japan And Russia Next? by ebuka440: 12:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
Japan has no plans of going to war with the devilish Putin

1 Like

Re: Are Japan And Russia Next? by peacefull(f): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Karmaisme:
Op, you are the one who needs dirty slap for your warp knowledge of international boundaries.

That island belongs to China, why did you think Japan will fight Russia?

This is very interesting to me.

Please where did you get to know about that island belong to China?
From this topic or another website, book etc?
Re: Are Japan And Russia Next? by Karmaisme(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
peacefull:

This is very interesting to me.

Please where did you get to know about that island belong to China?
From this topic or another website, book etc?

Wikipedia, try as much as possible to have an in-depth knowledge of things before coming online.

Shalom
Re: Are Japan And Russia Next? by peacefull(f): 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
Karmaisme:

Wikipedia, try as much as possible to have an in-depth knowledge of things before coming online.

Shalom

Oh! Wikipedia!
Sometimes I'm also read Wikipedia too.

Japan is my country.
I know about this island before coming to this website.

What I know is this island is nothing belong to China.
But if I'm not misunderstood, what I read here is this island is belong to China and this island is between Russia, China and Korean empire.

This is very new to me.

Maybe my point of view is only Japan side. Because I'm a Japanese.
Always good to me to know from different point of view.
Very interesting to me! smiley

Anyway, Thank you so much for taking your time!
I appreciate you!

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mathias Ezeaku Vs Fr. Mbaka.You Went To Far, You Burn The Bible, Go & The Burn 7 / Can You Burn Nigerian Flag For A Bag Of Rice? / NURTW- Imposition Of Park Management Is Unconstitutional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.