Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

What You Need To Know Before Studying Abroad In 2022 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Need To Know Before Studying Abroad In 2022 (152 Views)

Waiting For The Release Of Results Before Studying When You Did Not Write / Lecturer Explains Why Nigerian Youths Prefer Studying Abroad / I Am Now Depending On Friends For Food And Shelter -nigerian Man Studying Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know Before Studying Abroad In 2022 by Jaysmart001(m): 12:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
Stop listening to me if I ever share anything worthless with you…

Have you ever wondered why lots of people go the extra mile just to get an international degree from Harvard, Oxford, Bedfordshire, or even a least recognized University as long as it’s in “The Abroad”?

There’s this natural feeling of being valued and respected that comes with a profile that looks like this:

Jack Abaribe
Graduate of Philosophical Engineering
University of Leicestershire Australia Peninsula

B.sc Maintenance Management
Med-view institute of Maintenance, West Indies

I’m sure your ears are wide open to know more about Jack Abaribe just because he has some foreign certifications attached to his name…

Spoiler Alert:
Jack doesn’t exist �

Who exists is YOU and in today’s article, I’ll be exposing you to 5 reasons why people literally rob the bank just to study abroad.

Pay close attention to number 5

1. Get Exposed to new Cultures:

One of the greatest benefits of studying abroad for many international students is the opportunity to immerse themselves in a completely different environment.

This rich experience allows you to see, do and meet people from different cultures.

2. Improve your language skills.

By studying abroad, you can improve your language skills. Learning a language in class can be rewarding, but applying it in the real world is a very different experience.

You’ll stand better chances to practice regularly, so you’ll get to learn it quickly.

You can also learn a conversational language that you cannot learn in class, so you can speak like a local.

Being able to develop your language skill can also have a positive impact on your career and businesses.

3. Extend your network.

By studying abroad, you can build valuable relationships with people all over the world.

You can expand your international connections while having the opportunity to meet people who have the potential to be lifelong friends.

Some connections, such as internships, jobs, and business partners, can even lead to career opportunities.

The university where you study also has a large community of local and international students, giving you the opportunity to meet people from different backgrounds and cultures. The wider the network, the more likely it is to lead to exciting professional and social opportunities.

4. Build confidence.

By immersing yourself in another culture, you can acquire valuable life skills necessary for personal growth, such as independence and adaptability. These skills can further increase your confidence in your personal and professional life.

Studying abroad can be a daunting task, but the challenges you overcome will help you become a more mature person.

5. Impress your employer or business partners

Your remember the Jack Abaribe’s example I used right?

By studying abroad, you can start your career and increase your competitiveness in the real world.

It gives you the opportunity to show future and current employers or business partner that you are open-minded, witty, and motivated to adapt to different environments.

Finally, if you are already studying abroad, do not limit yourself to the four walls of your school, make sure you explore as many opportunities as possible and if you desire to study abroad, it’s one of the best investments you can do for yourself.

Till we talk again, stay productive.

John Uduma
Your Favorite “Study Abroad” Consultant

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Help | Please Am Desperate / Why Early Childhood Education Is Very Important For Students’ Performance / Powerful Quotes In Moment Of Harsh Times || The Most Powerful Quotes In Time Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.