Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo (2446 Views)

Why Hasnt Any Igbo Become Pope Are They Roman Slave?(pics) / Nothing Wrong If Igbo Become Stooge To North - Igbo Man / See Igbo Professor Who Rejected Buhari’s Ministerial Appointment, Worth $13bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by ijustdey: 1:57pm On Mar 11, 2022
By Sunday Ani

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has again reiterated that it would gladden his heart to see a Southeasterner emerge as president of Nigeria after President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023.

Obasanjo who has maintained that the time has come to bring total reconciliation to Nigeria by supporting a president of Southeast extraction to emerge in 2023, repeated the sermon yesterday when the founder of New Nigeria Group (NNG) and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa, paid him a visit in his Abeokuta, Ogun State country home.

The former president said he also believes that there are a lot of things that Southeasterners can bring on the table. “Beyond bringing unity to Nigeria or being the cement that holds the country together, I believe that Southeasterners can model hard work and entrepreneurship. That will help in wealth creation and fight against poverty, which is ravaging Nigeria,” he said.

He told Ohuabunwa that running for the office of the president of Nigeria was a tough job but expressed happiness that he (Ohuabunwa) has endured up till date and said he was looking forward to the final realisation of his vision to see Nigeria fully united and restored to a country that all Nigerians would be proud to call theirs.

Fielding questions from journalists after the meeting, Ohuabunwa encouraged the people of the south, particularly the southeasterners to aspire to the office of the president because that is what has been done in the past to maintain the unity of the country. “We had southern and northern protectorates, which came together to form Nigeria and since then, our founding fathers had always wanted to maintain peace by ensuring that there is rotation and that we share things.

That is why the federal character principle is in the country’s constitution. We are a nation of diverse ethnicities and geographies, and the only way we can maintain proper peace is to ensure that everybody is treated fairly, and rotation and power sharing are some of the methods of ensuring inclusiveness and making sure that Nigerians feel that they are part of it,” he said.

He noted that Southeasterners had made great contributions to Nigeria, starting from the days of Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, and reminding them that they are not strangers neither are they just appendages. “When it comes to political rights, we need to assert our rights and provide that leadership that Nigeria is lacking, and I hope that in 2023, God will offer us that opportunity and Nigerians will come behind us to take Nigeria to become the first world nation,” he added.

He said his ambition is to make Nigeria a first world nation; a globally competitive nation and a nation that works like the other countries, which Nigerians admire. “Most importantly, I want a nation that works for all and creates job for the young people of Nigeria to exercise their creativity and innovation; not a nation of poor, corrupt, jobless people or that of terrorists and bandits. That does not describe us; we are going to change the narrative,” he said.

He said that Obasanjo as a president, showed the highest level of not only detribalization but also fairness and equity as he didn’t discriminate. “He believes in equity but also in merit because he took good people; I mean people like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, the Chukwuma Soludo and the rest of them worked for him and that is what he represents. He wants Nigeria to work,” he added.

He described the former president as a phenomenon and conscience of the country. “He is the conscience of this nation and we must admit it. He speaks his mind. He is not an angel and he can’t be perfect, but I have never seen a man as bold, audacious, and also, with a heart of humanity as Obasanjo.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-i-want-to-see-igbo-become-president-obasanjo/

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2022
Baba you've spoken well

I've said it here so many times that 2023 is and should be the turn of the igbos but , some Tinubu poverty stricken bastard urchins call me IPob or Igbo

Now will they also call Obasanjo Igbo or IPob for affirming to what I've said already that igbos should produce the next in 2023 undecided

2023 is the turn of the Igbos

Tinubu should go and rest he's old, sick and shamelessly corrupt .. He will never be president

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Whazar(m): 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
It might not happen before your very eyes Sir

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2022
Is this not hypocrisy, you had your chance and time but you did otherwise,someone should tell baba to go and rest

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 2:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
Iyaebe:
Is this not hypocrisy, you had your chance and time but you did otherwise,someone should tell baba to go and rest
I think you should stick to romance section and feminism crusade, this section isn't for you.

It's for MEN not kids

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Olunmercy56(f): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
sad For where? So that we will be sitting at home doing nothing? No going out unless you want to see your head off and your properties destroyed? No!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Entprys(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
Obasanjo back to sender.

Igbo man won't be president.
You forget NAIRA ?

Never
Allow
Igbo
Rule
Again

7 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

I think you should stick to romance section and feminism crusade, this section isn't for you.

It's for MEN not kids
lol I wanted to counter your previous comment but overlooked it and now you brought yourself.Stop supporting hypocrisy,be firm and truthful in your dealings

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by tit(f): 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
Let those who have ear ear it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by LeoDeKing: 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2022
The obj that Tinubu demystified in 2019 general election when he supported the same athifku he once condemned for being a thief with shrouded origin?

Obj may want to go for a rematch but this time against Tinubu himself. This is the right time for Tinubu to properly throw him under the bus. cheesy

Ipob illiterates, here comes another god from abiama. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by countryfive: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2022
H
Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2022
Iyaebe:
lol I wanted to counter your previous comment but overlooked it and now you brought yourself.Stop supporting hypocrisy,be firm and truthful in your dealings
lol we are good

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Baba you've spoken well

I've said it here so many times here that 2023 is the and should be the turn of the igbos but , Tinubu some Tinubu poverty stricken bastard urchins call me IPob or Igbo

Now will they also call Obasanjo Igbo or IPob for affirming to what I've said already that igbos should produce the next in 2023 undecided

2023 is the turn of the Igbos

Tinubu should go and rest he's old, sick and shamelessly corrupt .. He will never be president

Funny to see how they have created all manner of threads to demarket Igbos working for their Lord Tinubu. This same people will shiver when they hear the name Biafra.

They absolutely don't know what it means to have peace. Shame of a people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

Funny to see how they have created all manner of threads to demarket Igbos working for their Lord Tinubu. This same people will shiver when they hear the name Biafra.

They absolutely don't know what it means to have peace. Shame of a people.
The igbos should continue to maintain calm even in the face of provocation by this Tinubu people

Everything is playing out in favor of the Igbos

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Yoruba1stson: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by foryourmindlol: 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2022
Olunmercy56:
sad For where? So that we will be sitting at home doing nothing? No going out unless you want to see your head off and your properties destroyed? No!
Yoruba, you want Tinubu to become president so that mining of human skulls will be entered into the constitution?

Abi you want a Northerner to continue so that Fulani herdsmen bandit and Boko Haram will continue expanding?

Mumu cheesy

Also, Britain, your lord and personal savior wants to join Belgium, UAE and other advanced countries in sitting at home on Mondays like Igbos.

Igbos set the pace, British copies, while Tinubu urchins keep wailing on 30k per month salary

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Olunmercy56(f): 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Yoruba, you want Tinubu to become president so that mining of human skulls will be entered into the constitution?

Abi you want a Northerner to continue so that Fulani herdsmen bandit and Boko Haram will continue expanding?

Mumu cheesy

Oponu grin we are not ready of unknown gun men, don't turn us to drugs pushers and fraudsters, we are hardworking people. Ewu

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Massiveglory: 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
Watch how Tinubu urchins will flood this place to insult president obj

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Onogiede(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
Entprys:
Obasanjo back to sender.

You forget NAIRA ?

Never
Allow
Igbo
Rule
Again
so silly of uto say that

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by cyril10(m): 2:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
Come out boldly and support it Sir, spread it everywhere, that is when we will know you are actually serious .
Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by foryourmindlol: 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2022
Olunmercy56:

Oponu ;we are not ready of unknown gun men, don't turn us to drugs pushers and fraudsters, we are hardworking people. Ewu
Anumanu, we don't want yahoo boys and ritualists as minister and senators. Looting, cultism, Agbero, tourism, taking 10% cut from federal budget, all sorts of mago mago will be introduced when Tinubu people is allowed in.

MC Oluomo will be attorney General, NURT touts will be running NNPC, skull miners will replace Nigerian police while agbo sellers and ashawo unions will replace Ministry of Women affairs.

School children will be taught how to abuse hard drugs, Colorado, Meth, Indian hemp, etc. and internet fraud and ritualism will be introduced as mandatory courses in our universities.

Say no to Tinubu urchins. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Entprys(m): 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2022
Onogiede:
so silly of uto say that
If you want to rule, Reject NAIRA
Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Paretomaster1(m): 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
They want to blackmail others to become president, kolewerk...

3 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Ojiofor: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
OBJ has spoken and so shall it be.
You can not want a united Nigeria at one hand and exclude a section of the country from leadership positions in th other hand.It does not work that way.SE time have come!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by KingNom(m): 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
This would make the 8th wonder of the world
Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Salvador1: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
Entprys:
Obasanjo back to sender.

You forget NAIRA ?

Never
Allow
Igbo
Rule
Again
and u want Nigeria to be one.

Heart of men is full of evil and wickedness

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Olunmercy56(f): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
foryourmindlol:

Anumanu, we don't want yahoo boys and ritualists as minister and senators. Looting, cultism, Agbero, tourism, taking 10% cut from federal budget, all sorts of mago mago will be introduced when Tinubu people is allowed in.

MC Oluomo will be attorney General, NURT touts will be running NNPC, skull miners will replace Nigerian police while agbo sellers and ashawo unions will replace Ministry of Women affairs.

School children will be taught how to abuse hard drugs, Colorado, Meth, Indian hemp, etc. and internet fraud and ritualism will be introduced as mandatory courses in our universities.

Say no to Tinubu urchins. cheesy

Say no to cultists and cutting of heads for playing balls. We hate Tinubu too but no to anofias like you

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by LegendHero(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
Lol.

Obasanjo playing on their intelligence again. Atiku smiling right now after reading this news.

We should make an Ibo man NLC president so they can at least have “president” to their title and OBJ dream of seeing an Ibo presidency can be fulfilled.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by omenkaLives(m): 2:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
Stupid headline from Sun. Nowhere did he say that.
Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by OfoIgbo: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
Entprys:
Obasanjo back to sender.

You forget NAIRA ?

Never
Allow
Igbo
Rule
Again

That's why naira keeps falling
Re: 2023: I Want To See Igbo Become President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
Time for baba to use the SE to catch cruze grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo Of LP Rally And Photo Of What Miscreants Posted / Peter Obi Annihilate Tinubu In Alagomeji Lagos / Yar'adua Asks Ehindero To Step Aside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.