Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,036 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom (28655 Views)

Photos From Osinbajo's Mum 90th Birthday Thanksgiving Church Service / Photos From Osinbajo ECOWAS Summit In Ghana / Why SIP Was Withdrawn From Osinbajo’s Office — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Mystiquefia: 5:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
KaluwisxPRO, Ekugbeh(m), Themandator, Donjuan77, Feshizzy(m), HowDareU, Oovi5(f), Drienzia, Divay22(f), Iskra, Mourinho24(m), Iceiscold, mhizv(f), stanleyravos, sammysneh(m), Apination(m), PrinceMajestic, JomoGbomo1Akpos, coputa(m), Clint02(m), MajorOvakporaye(f), SeamT, WorWorBoy, GreatChizzy, Owologbo(m), darfay, Kinematics, valirex, YungMillionaire, efe2real(m), tsdarkside(m), Efezik007(m), Blackking98(m), Sanchez01, OvisFranko, Henrypraise, hadduni(f), bunnae(f), nairaman66(m), ecclize, Nairalandmonika, kevwemike, JasonJidenna(m), ovieigho(m), Nwanyiogwashi(f), MissEfe(f), ItooWorWor(m), Dupamecano, IghravweIG(m), Iriruaga100(m), fratermathy(m), Joshuamilarge(m), Jostie(
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Mystiquefia: 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2022
KaluwisxPRO:

That is not the issue, the issue is sticking to your identity. Why are the Itsekiri’s afraid to identify their royal stool with their land being Iwere??

Will they fall off the earth if they call their king Olu of Iwere kingdom??

Warri has other kings, you cannot call one Olu of Warri as if he lords over the other kings in Warri, especially Warri south and north. Delta state government is yet to recognize him as Olu up till now because of this issue.

Lol with the help of awolowo they were able to have their way, Courtesy kangaroo court cases.
Let's focus on Making wado city more urbanized, industrialized and popular

1 Like

Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Artbydris(m): 5:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
OVB123:
Which Uvwie? the one in Warri or London? Abeg let d sleeping dog rest.

I wonder too lol.
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by airsaylongcome: 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2022
Mystiquefia:

We no gree o... Uvwie is in wado-city not warri city.. make una dey una dey ahbeg

Who be the "una"? I'm Urhobo o. Lo

But I believe all this attempt at separating the communities in the suburbs of Warri has zero value add. A city grows and often encompasses its surrounding communities. That does not in anyway confer dominion of the suburbs to the Sovereign of the main city. Lagos has an Oba of Lagos. And he and the indigenes know where his domain stops. Oba of Lagos cannot claim to be Oba of Oniru, a suburb of Lagos (Eko Isale) even though Oniru is identified as part of Lagos City within Lagos State. Saying Orhuwhorun or Ekpan or Jakpa is part of Warri does not mean that the Olu of Warri has dominion over these areas. 99% of people who live on Udu Road will tell anyone that they live in Warri.
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by trinity11(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2022
Efewestern:

"Umogu" is roughly transplanted to your supreme being, While "Kaada" is a response to greetings.

Kada is common in Uvwie Dialect of Urhobo. Not only kings make use of it. Chiefs or anyone who has an Odovan (Praisename) can respond with Kaada.

Example:

Praise singers: Omovudu one of ***
Me: Kaada!!!

Cc: PrinceMajestic
You are very correct.
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by WilsonBright935: 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2022
This man short sha.... See the first picture grin
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
Efewestern:
Uvwie is one of Nigeria's most Urbanized LGA/kingdom, hosting some of the nation's critical infrastructure.

It's also one of the kingdom making up the Urhobo Nation.

They came from the ancient Benin kingdom I guess ??
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by richmote: 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I hear certain parts of Ughievwen speak a dialect that sounds like Ijaw. How do Urhobos view these folks? How about Orogun that say they are Urhobo but speak both Urhobo and Ukwani? Do other Urhobo see them as mainstream Urhobo too?

Then there's an Urhobo community on an island in Bayelsa state. Are they part of these 10 kingdoms?
Not all Orogun are bilingual
It’s just aragba Orogun people

I am from Orogun and I speak and understand only Urhobo language same with my parents who are both native of Orogun
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by airsaylongcome: 8:02pm On Mar 16, 2022
richmote:

I am from Orogun and I speak and understand only Urhobo language same with my parents who are both native of Orogun

Okay. Thank you for the clarification. They are the same ones that treat the West Africa Nile Monitor Lizard (incorrectly called iguana) as a god yeah?
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by richmote: 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Okay. Thank you for the clarification. They are the same ones that treat the West Africa Nile Monitor Lizard (incorrectly called iguana) as a god yeah?
Yes
This cut across all Orogun people
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Efewestern: 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

They came from the ancient Benin kingdom I guess ??

Yes.
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by TAJOBLISS(f): 9:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
UVWIE Girls are beautiful �....

Proudly UVWIE.
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Totilopussylick(m): 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2022
Mozegee:
Gullible people,what was his achievements after eight years of being a VP.
One of his achievement is sucking pussy always tongue
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by akus6060(m): 12:18am On Mar 17, 2022
What issue are you talking about and who told you that he is not recognised by Delta State Government as the Olu of Warri? The recently document(gazette) that was released by Delta State Government were the names of traditional rulers were listed, wasn't Olu of Warri that was the title there? During the coronation was Governor Okowa there or not?not forgotten the other federal mights that came. You people keep hammering on something that has been settled by the highest court of the land(Supreme Court) and can never be change and what year did you people started having your kings in Warri? When ever you lose any court case, you people will tagged it kangaroo judgement but fails to acknowledge the fact that the area that is called Okumagba was given to you by the same Court judgement. The same day the Vice President visited Ovie of Uvwie, was the same day he visited the Olu of Warri before he left for Abuja and you said he is not recognize as the Olu of Warri and doesn't that sound funny to you?
KaluwisxPRO:

That is not the issue, the issue is sticking to your identity. Why are the Itsekiri’s afraid to identify their royal stool with their land being Iwere??

Will they fall off the earth if they call their king Olu of Iwere kingdom??

Warri has other kings, you cannot call one Olu of Warri as if he lords over the other kings in Warri, especially Warri south and north. Delta state government is yet to recognize him as Olu up till now because of this issue.
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Timothy4264: 12:46am On Mar 17, 2022
Read Below

Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by sparkyJ: 3:12am On Mar 17, 2022
akus6060:
What issue are you talking about and who told you that he is not recognised by Delta State Government as the Olu of Warri? The recently document(gazette) that was released by Delta State Government were the names of traditional rulers were listed, wasn't Olu of Warri that was the title there? During the coronation was Governor Okowa there or not?not forgotten the other federal mights that came. You people keep hammering on something that has been settled by the highest court of the land(Supreme Court) and can never be change and what year did you people started having your kings in Warri? When ever you lose any court case, you people will tagged it kangaroo judgement but fails to acknowledge the fact that the area that is called Okumagba was given to you by the same Court judgement. The same day the Vice President visited Ovie of Uvwie, was the same day he visited the Olu of Warri before he left for Abuja and you said he is not recognize as the Olu of Warri and doesn't that sound funny to you?

News wey we don read & digest since last week; with pics about our dazzling brilliant Olu of Warri and his palace. Na today we come dey see interiority complex in full force.

The emphasis placed on "Urbanised" speaks volume. As far as I know, d sun doesn't struggle to shine neither does the bird struggle to fly. If God bless u e don bless u.

Did i just see the word Olu of Iwerre? Hmm, envy abi jealousy at its Peak! E go pepper dem forever.

Long live the OLU OF WARRI
OGIAME SUOO!
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Themandator: 7:58am On Mar 17, 2022
Mystiquefia:

KaluwisxPRO, Ekugbeh(m), Themandator, Donjuan77, Feshizzy(m), HowDareU, Oovi5(f), Drienzia, Divay22(f), Iskra, Mourinho24(m), Iceiscold, mhizv(f), stanleyravos, sammysneh(m), Apination(m), PrinceMajestic, JomoGbomo1Akpos, coputa(m), Clint02(m), MajorOvakporaye(f), SeamT, WorWorBoy, GreatChizzy, Owologbo(m), darfay, Kinematics, valirex, YungMillionaire, efe2real(m), tsdarkside(m), Efezik007(m), Blackking98(m), Sanchez01, OvisFranko, Henrypraise, hadduni(f), bunnae(f), nairaman66(m), ecclize, Nairalandmonika, kevwemike, JasonJidenna(m), ovieigho(m), Nwanyiogwashi(f), MissEfe(f), ItooWorWor(m), Dupamecano, IghravweIG(m), Iriruaga100(m), fratermathy(m), Joshuamilarge(m), Jostie(

What
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by SeamT: 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
richmote:

Ebor Orogun same thing they are bilingual
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by ogmask: 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
Efewestern:
Uvwie is one of Nigeria's most Urbanized LGA/kingdom, hosting some of the nation's critical infrastructure.

It's also one of the kingdom making up the Urhobo Nation.

True but infighting and their wahala nor let the place develop as e suppose dey
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Stephendeals: 10:42am On Apr 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Who be the "una"? I'm Urhobo o. Lo

But I believe all this attempt at separating the communities in the suburbs of Warri has zero value add. A city grows and often encompasses its surrounding communities. That does not in anyway confer dominion of the suburbs to the Sovereign of the main city. Lagos has an Oba of Lagos. And he and the indigenes know where his domain stops. Oba of Lagos cannot claim to be Oba of Oniru, a suburb of Lagos (Eko Isale) even though Oniru is identified as part of Lagos City within Lagos State. Saying Orhuwhorun or Ekpan or Jakpa is part of Warri does not mean that the Olu of Warri has dominion over these areas. 99% of people who live on Udu Road will tell anyone that they live in Warri.

This is what some people believe especially people outside Delta, Uvwie, Orhuwhorun, Ughelli are under the dominion of the Olu of Warri, they are his subjects.
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by airsaylongcome: 11:09am On Apr 29, 2022
Stephendeals:

This is what some people believe especially people outside Delta, Uvwie, Orhuwhorun, Ughelli are under the dominion of the Olu of Warri, they are his subjects.

The Aalafin of Oyo, do you know Ibadan the capital of Oyo State is not under his domain? Emir of Kano is not Emir of Kano State. Outsiders are free to think whatever. The indigenes know the boundaries and that includes the Olu
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by Stephendeals: 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

The Aalafin of Oyo, do you know Ibadan the capital of Oyo State is not under his domain? Emir of Kano is not Emir of Kano State. Outsiders are free to think whatever. The indigenes know the boundaries and that includes the Olu
Ibadan and Oyo is different not similar to Warri in this context.
Re: Photos From Osinbajo's Visit To Ovie Of Uvwie Kingdom by airsaylongcome: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2022
Stephendeals:

Ibadan and Oyo is different not similar to Warri in this context.

True that. Maybe that was not an appropriate analogy (and you Do know your Nigerian geography!..) but you get the point. Oba of Lagos maybe a good one. Places like Ikorodu and Epe are "Lagos" but Oba of Lagos domain nor reach there. I get the "fear" of neighboring cities subsumed by Warri and the ensuing misconceptions that Olu of Warri domain covers those places. You and I and the Olu and his subjects know it does not. Given the antecedents of the Urhobo parts of Warri (Old Warri) being almost claimed by "you know who", I get the fear. But I don't think we need to start stifling Warri and it's surrounding towns from growth because we don't want "them" to claim "us". Fully understand that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uzoma Asagwara Wins Legislative Seat In Manitoba, Canada [photo] / Abdulsalami Abubakar Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Osinbajo Attends RCCG Olive Tree Thanksgiving Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.