Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,242 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

My View On Giving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My View On Giving (188 Views)

More On Giving Alms To The Needy / Your View On Church Choristers And Weekly Uniform Imposition / Pastor Sam Adeyemi's View On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My View On Giving by michaelwestern(m): 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
Giving has been bastardized among Christians nowadays. Most Christians just give because they are hoping to receive it back in hundred folds, which is not bad.

But personally I believe that God is more interested in giving that is done out of love. People no longer care about helping their fellow Christians and fellow human beings, they only care about sowing seeds. This is why you will see a person supposedly sowing seeds into a billionaire's life while he has neighbours that are struggling to survive.

Every giving should be done out of love and not because you're hope to receive it back. In the book of Corinthians the Bible said that even if you give your body to be burnt and you don't do it out of love it will profit you nothing and there's not a word from God to be gotten from it

My view on this is that, give to whoever needs it, not because you are looking for a fertile soil. Stop giving pastors that are already extremely rich when you can give it people who need it more.

Your first responsibility is to your neighbour and who is your neighbour? Your neighbour is anybody you know that is in need of help. So please, let your focus be on helping people and not on sowing seed to receive blessings.

Now of course when you give to people that are in need you can be rest assured that God will pay you back. So it's ok to expect prosperity when you give. But you have to give out of love not because you are expecting it back. Thank you

1 Like

Re: My View On Giving by Dtruthspeaker: 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
Hmmmm! Ok

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Holly Furtick Sermon: Its Not What I Thought / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Wednesday, March 30,2022 / The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 102.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.