Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. (3306 Views)

My Toyota Highlander Goes Off After A Refill / My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC / It's Medically Wrong To Use The AC Just Immediately You Enter Your Hot Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by fineboynl(m): 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Is this only me?. I get piss off each time I am inquiring about a car from the dealer or seller and he said the ac is working fine only need refill.

From my understanding of air-conditioning system. You don't need to refill gas. Does it mean 85% of Nigeria used cars run out of gas frequently?
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by EmptyGarden(m): 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2022
fineboynl:
Is this only me?. I get piss off each time I am inquiring about a car from the dealer or seller and he said the ac is working fine only need refill.

From my understanding of air-conditioning system. You don't need to refill gas. Does it mean 85% of Nigeria used cars run out of gas frequently?
That's just another way of saying the AC doesn't work.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by nifemi25(m): 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
That's another statics of selling off a trash car... That's how my nigga was confused of buying a car with a quoted sugar mouth that the ac just needed gas for it to be cool. My nigga later spend about 180k ...he shock everybody

3 Likes

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by obiekunie01: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2022
fineboynl:

any time a dealer tells you the AC is working u just need to refill the gas, be rest assured you will be spending not less than 100k to fix the
AC.

If its just to refill the gas why hasn't he refill it before selling it - after all refilling gas will not cost him more than 3k!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by fineboynl(m): 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
And what I also observe is that once the AC is not working. Majority of the time 95% the engine is far gone and not strong again and not worth the stress.

How would anyone use a car in raining season without AC? Also dry season with dust everywhere.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by jgbemson1: 8:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
For me once I hear AC need gas or top up

I will just jejely leave

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by nymphomaniac(m): 12:28am On Mar 12, 2022
A car with a bad AC may not necessarily be a bad car. There are other things to check. Besides, leaks occur everyday in piping systems. Let the mechanic decide whether it’s worth the buy or use the lack of AC as a bargaining chip. Simple.

1 Like

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by davessales039(m): 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
"AC needs gas... "
Just run.

Refilling gas isn't expensive.
So if that's the only problem, I bet the seller will refill before putting up for sale; make some extra buck.

The reality though, is that there is likely a large leak or some other problem. The owner probably has no idea what the real problem is.
Or he may be aware but wants to sell as is and is unwilling to give any explanation.

3 Likes

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by Timagex(m): 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2022
grin
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by skywalker240(m): 3:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
99.9938% of Almost every Nigerian used vehicles are synonymous with these topic.

almost all the naija used vehicles i came in contact with last year, all needed AC refill or outright AC NOT WORKING grin

Exchange rate yab economy, if not Naija used vehicles no suppose join.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by davessales039(m): 5:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
skywalker240:

almost all the naija used vehicles i came in contact with last year, all needed AC refill or outright AC NOT WORKING grin

Well, they say covid-19 dey affect throat and lungs. Who knows, maybe e dey also affect AC compressor and condenser. cool cool

grin grin Just thinking outside the box grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by skywalker240(m): 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
davessales039:

Well, they say covid-19 dey affect throat and lungs. Who knows, maybe e dey also affect AC compressor and condenser. cool cool

grin grin Just thinking outside the box grin grin grin
were we thinking outside the carton before. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by jinka(m): 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
Exactly what happened to me. I was told the AC only needs gas, they refuiled the gas for me and it was cooling, I made payment and left with the car, after 2weeks the AC wasn't cooling again. Uptill now I keep refilling AC gas every 2weeks
Compressor issue
My mechanic talk say I need to change the compressor to manual which costs 35k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by bastien: 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
jinka:
Exactly what happened to me. I was told the AC only needs gas, they refuiled the gas for me and it was cooling, I made payment and left with the car, after 2weeks the AC wasn't cooling again. Uptill now I keep refilling AC gas every 2weeks
Compressor issue
which car?

2 Likes

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by jinka(m): 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
bastien:
which car?
Corrola 2009
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by nymphomaniac(m): 11:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
jinka:

Corrola 2009
run away from your mechanic. Contact mosbus for lasting solution.

I wonder why a mechanic will tell you to Change automatic to manual. Beats me. It may not even be your compressor that is the problem las las

6 Likes

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by bastien: 7:43am On Mar 16, 2022
jinka:

Corrola 2009
mehn the compressor cheap oh

1 Like

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by buygala(m): 8:14am On Mar 16, 2022
nymphomaniac:

I wonder why a mechanic will tell you to Change automatic to manual. Beats me. It may not even be your compressor that is the problem las las

Calm down Bros... There is a way they connect a thermostat to a manual compressor now so it cycles on and off like an auto compressor when d car is cold enough or when it senses the car needs more engine power to eg climb a hill or a kickdown

And it is cheaper and more durable in naja than an automatic one.. . Considering d lack of expertise we have here..

An auto compressor in Nigeria is a risky and expensive gamble

2 Likes

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by jinka(m): 9:48am On Mar 16, 2022
nymphomaniac:

Really, pls how do I contact him mosbus

1 Like

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by davessales039(m): 11:03am On Mar 16, 2022
jinka:
Compressor issue

Check your hoses and AC lines first. Especially if they are rubber hoses.
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by obofty: 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2022
I fixed my 2009 corolla Ac today. I bought it tokunbo direct in 2021 Dec and by March2022 it started giving me issues. Had to refill the gas like twice before I was advised to changed the compressor to a manual one. I was initially skeptical but was convinced by an expert. Peugeot compressor was first suggested for 50k but was told will need to work one base for it, so I declined. I was later told 2009 corolla has its own manual compressor (rav 4 compressor)that doesn't need working the base for 70k. I opted for the later. I had to change the complete system...new condenser, new evaporator (I almost fainted when they scattered the dash board, but was perfectly fixed afterall), new hose.
Every cost abt 160k here in Ibadan.
I have used the Ac for like 4hrs, very cold and the car does not vibrate that much, only vibrates when the worked thermost trips off the compressor.
I hope this last loooonnnng cos the money spent was much mehn.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by jgbemson1: 11:59pm On Mar 26, 2022
Baba next time go for the factory fitted auto AC
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by buygala(m): 7:09am On Mar 27, 2022
jgbemson1:
Baba next time go for the factory fitted auto AC

Incoming readers..

Kindly ignore this advice if you are in Nigeria

Get a manual compressor with a worked thermostat and have peace smiley

1 Like

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by davessales039(m): 9:02am On Apr 04, 2022
buygala:

Incoming readers..

This is actually the comment to be ignored.

1 Like

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by alphabbey1(m): 9:59am On Apr 04, 2022
buygala:

Incoming readers..

You will have more peace if you go for factory fitted.....
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by MyMouth(m): 5:40am On Apr 05, 2022
obofty:
I fixed my 2009 corolla Ac today. I bought it tokunbo direct in 2021 Dec and by March2022 it started giving me issues. Had to refill the gas like twice before I was advised to changed the compressor to a manual one. I was initially skeptical but was convinced by an expert. Peugeot compressor was first suggested for 50k but was told will need to work one base for it, so I declined. I was later told 2009 corolla has its own manual compressor (rav 4 compressor)that doesn't need working the base for 70k. I opted for the later. I had to change the complete system...new condenser, new evaporator (I almost fainted when they scattered the dash board, but was perfectly fixed afterall), new hose.
Every cost abt 160k here in Ibadan.
I have used the Ac for like 4hrs, very cold and the car does not vibrate that much, only vibrates when the worked thermost trips off the compressor.
I hope this last loooonnnng cos the money spent was much mehn.
I remembered when they changed mine � it was heart wrecking

1 Like

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:22am On Apr 05, 2022
I once fell for that scam. Ended up spending 95k on the AC and still didn't work. All through the period that I used that car, I just concluded that car ACs are never stable. Until I summon the courage to sell it and buy another car. Funny thing, my current car has never given me an ac problem since 2020 that I've been using it. Just fill gas and go. But you have to admit, lack of ac can put you under a lot of stress. Especially during hot days. You go dey sweat and you go dey vex like mad.

7 Likes

Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by Felicity0001: 2:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
The next time I'll hear that sentence again from any seller na 6legs I go take run... Thatbwas how i spent over 400k on my present car b4 the AC started working. May karma catch up with that dealer. This is actually my 1st time calling him out.

I wonder why business men and women can't be truthful with some things.
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by fineboynl(m): 11:50pm On Nov 09, 2022
grin
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by Nbg4real: 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2022
[quote author=Kelvin30286063 post=111660701] Which one is your present Car
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2022
[quote author=Nbg4real post=118282926][/quote]
As of today, I drive Acura ZDX. The AC is like heaven.
Re: When A Car Dealer Or Seller Say You Need To Refill The AC. by Kasdat5(m): 6:16am On Nov 13, 2022
When I sold my mum's car one time ,I was lazy or thinking rather as a 9ja man on why to refill the gas when I intend to sell it .

(1) (Reply)

Suzuki VS VW Golf 3 / Peugeot Owners Meet: Abuja / Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.