Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo (1818 Views)

Osibanjo: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth / How Cashless System Can Help Track Election Financing In Nigeria"- Osinbajo / Osinbajo: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by ExAngel007(f): 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2022
Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has described the Igbo apprenticeship model as a good way of building wealth among people.

Osinbajo spoke virtually from Abuja to participants of a national summit in Awka, convoked to understudy the model, which is said to have produced several millionaires.

Speaking on the model which is popularly known as ‘igba boi’ in Igbo language, Osinbajo harped on the need to encourage the scheme to ensure continuation.

“The Igbo apprenticeship scheme ‘igba boi’ has become the most popular indigenous Nigerian economic institution, globally recognized as the world’s largest business incubator.

“The scheme has the full potential to do for the Nigerian economy what similar apprenticeship schemes have done in many parts of the world, especially in Germany and India.

“I commend the organizers of the event, and I’m hopeful that the summit will improve the growth and possibilities for the Igbo apprenticeship scheme.”

While speaking on the theme: Repositioning The Igbo Apprenticeship Scheme For Sustainable Economic Development, the Keynote speaker and Chairman, United Nigeria Airlines, Dr. Obiora Okonkwo recommended that the scheme should be institutionalized.

Okonkwo attributed his success in life to the Igbo apprenticeship scheme which he said he engaged in during the early days of his life at Onitsha main market, Onitsha, Anambra State.

“I am sure some of you may have been wondering why I was chosen to deliver the keynote at this event. The simple answer is that the apprenticeship scheme and the Onitsha Main Market hold a very special place in my heart as that was where I had my first stint in business.

“My father died when I was 14 years old, forcing me to combine my secondary school education with managing the business and his apprentices. That meant I went to school in the morning and continued at the Main Market in the afternoon. That basic trading experience, in many respects, helped hone my business instincts and also instilled in me a deep sense of industry and hard work that has defined my life’s journey to date.”

Okonkwo said because of the experience, when the Nnamdi Azikwe University Business School in July 2019 honoured him with the ‘Philanthropist of the Year Award’, it was only natural for him to try to give back by endowing a major research project on the future of Igbo entrepreneurship.

The National Summit on Igbo Apprenticeship Scheme was organized by Anambra Broadcasting Service (ABS) in collaboration with the Awka Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/11/igbo-apprenticeship-model-most-popular-way-to-build-wealth-in-nigeria-vp-osinbajo/

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Karemarealty288(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
We die here today

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by MufasaLion: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2022
I've once said this that the model should be studied. I really like it.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by foryourmindlol: 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
No, Igbos hate themselves.

It's Afonja that mine each other's skulls that love themselves.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by LILTJAY1: 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
But they are still the poverty capital of the south, with the lowest internet penetration in nigeria grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by NoFucksToGive: 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2022
I have always wondered about this. If it is institutionalised that would be very good indeed to allow the rest of us learn a thing or two from it
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Goodmarlian: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
LILTJAY1:
But they are still the poverty capital of the south, with the lowest internet penetration in nigeria grin grin

As in them too hype themselves,Infact there is no day I don't get stopped on the road by one Afonja begging me for tfare or money for food there is poverty In this land despite the booming skull mining industry and yahoo/Ritualists Revolution.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2022
I have said it before, let me repeat myself...
Igbo apprenticeship system has produce more self-reliant individuals than Nigerian prominent universities put together (UI, UNN, UL, OAU, ABU)

And HE, Prof Yemi Osinbanjo have affirmed it..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by LILTJAY1: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2022
Goodmarlian:

As in them too hype themselves,Infact there is no day I don't get stopped on the road by one Afonja begging me for tfare or money for food there is poverty In this land despite the booming skull mining industry and yahoo/Ritualists Revolution.
grin internet money

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Rugaria: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2022
Osinbajo spoke virtually from Abuja to participants of a national summit in Awka, convoked to understudy the model, which is said to have produced several millionaires.

"Several millionaires"?
Millions of millionaires would be more like it...
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
The problem is that this system is currently under attack from the following;

1) Trade masters who fail to settle their subjects after completing service tenure.

2) Greedy apprentice who resort to stealing their masters money to get quick riches.

3) Pretty ladies that lure these apprentice to steal their masters money.

4) Fake pastors that continue to give fake prophesies to the parties involved thereby destroying their relationship.

5) Modern technology where trades are done via the internet. Most apprentice are illiterates and are not ICT updated.

6) Latest Igbos psychology towards education and receiving salary jobs thereby missing their routes to riches.

7) Latest greed in youths to become yahoo people thereby seeking quick riches.

cool Constant jealous from people who feel threatened of Igbos domination of their abode.

In all the threat, the Igbos themselves are not doing enough to standardize the system and there is a fear that it's just a matter of time this system phases out. Something should be done by the government, the financial institution, the legal institutions to strengthen the system if not it will be told goodbye in no distant time. Take it or leave it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by LLiKYekoba: 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
foryourmindlol:
No, Igbos hate themselves.

It's Afonja that mine each other's skulls that love themselves.

Lol.. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by PressMyButton: 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
I won't subscribe to a practice of modern slavery or a form of Education deprivation. There is no better model for wealth distribution than technical skills acquisition. A slightly better informal system originally practised by the middle-class Arabs was the pooled fund model which was later adopted as standard practice.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by TheRareGem1(f): 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
True that VP. But Igbos are Igbos problem.
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Zeemam: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
they are their own problem
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by foryourmindlol: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
Zeemam:
they are their own problem
TheRareGem1:
True that VP. But Igbos are Igbos problem.
Yeah, Igbos are truly their own problem by refusing to leave their legitimate businesses and join you in Ogun state to mine human skulls and sell 5, 000 naira apiece for a living grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Deputy1111(m): 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
sad
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by SirBlack999(m): 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
This ofe mmanụ man should stay away from us. Sub-humans
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by PrinceOfLagos: 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2022
Helinues will agree with me that the Igbos be baba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by flokii: 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2022
The model is the popular way to build poverty instead.. empower people and not use them as boy boy for 10-15yrs and then give them 100k to go and start life. Who does that?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Lionnation: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
The problem is that this system is currently under attack from the following;

1) Trade masters who fail to settle their subjects after completing service tenure.

2) Greedy apprentice who resort to stealing their masters money to get quick riches.

3) Pretty ladies that lure these apprentice to steal their masters money.

4) Fake pastors that continue to give fake prophesies to the parties involved thereby destroying their relationship.

5) Modern technology where trades are done via the internet. Most apprentice are illiterates and are not ICT updated.

6) Latest Igbos psychology towards education and receiving salary jobs thereby missing their routes to riches.

7) Latest greed in youths to become yahoo people thereby seeking quick riches.

cool Constant jealous from people who feel threatened of Igbos domination of their abode.

In all the threat, the Igbos themselves are not doing enough to standardize the system and there is a fear that it's just a matter of time this system phases out. Something should be done by the government, the financial institution, the legal institutions to strengthen the system if not it will be told goodbye in no distant time. Take it or leave it
flesh and blood did not reveal this to you

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by kettykings: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2022
igbos should keep thier trade secrets to them selves and allow theses foools to continue with their change and next level empty ideas

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by helinues: 9:18pm On Mar 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Helinues will agree with me that the Igbos be baba

Make your comments without seeking my validation..

Tribalistic jingoism

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by PrinceOfLagos: 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2022
[s]
helinues:

Make your comments without seeking my validation..

Tribalistic jingoism
[/s]

But when you call me out , it's Ok right ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by ThEGodFaThEr125: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
flokii:
The model is the popular way to build poverty instead.. empower people and not use them as boy boy for 10-15yrs and then give them 100k to go and start life. Who does that?
So the agbero model system of poverty elevation by Tinubu should be encouraged and adopted by all and sundry. Your mumu dey make me cry.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by helinues: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
[s][/s]

But when you call me out , it's Ok right ?

I don troll people.. You do.

That's the difference
Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by helinues: 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr125:

So the agbero model system of poverty elevation by Tinubu should be encouraged and adopted by all and sundry. Your mumu dey make me cry.

I dey watch you...

grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by ThEGodFaThEr125: 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2022
helinues:

I dey watch you...

grin
I'm seriously asking around for your address and location. I want to check something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by helinues: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
ThEGodFaThEr125:

I'm seriously asking around for your address and location. I want to check something.

Imagine, I never even throw punch you don dey staggered.. You sure say you go fit chop 3 punches?

grin

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by Salvador1: 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
Igbos lead others follow case closed.

This apprenticeship system is the reason we have many millionaires and billionaires in Igbo land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth In Nigeria – Osinbajo by ThEGodFaThEr125: 9:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
helinues:

Imagine, I never even throw punch you don dey staggered.. You sure say you go fit chop 3 punches?

grin
I challenge you and myndd44 to a boxing match.

All expenses paid trip will be covered by me. Both of you should just indicate interest and come to the venue.

Come one, come all...

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Candidates In Adamawa State Atikulates / On Arise Tv, Peter Obi Talked About How He Supported Rice Milling Plants Kano(p / Peter Obi To Speak In Atlanta ,likely To Be Interviewed By CNN. See Details...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.