Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

ICT Teacher Creates Computer Parts From Cardboard Paper To Teach (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ICT Teacher Creates Computer Parts From Cardboard Paper To Teach (Photos) (1046 Views)

Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation / Anambra State University Lecturer Disguises As Spiderman So He Can Teach (photos / Microsoft To Support Owura Kwadwo Who Drew Computer On Blackboard To Teach ICT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ICT Teacher Creates Computer Parts From Cardboard Paper To Teach (Photos) by CampussNews: 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
Update from SIGGY .ng

A brilliant teacher, Nyarko Godfred Kwasi, has created desktop computers with cardboard papers to teach his students ICT, Siggy reports.

The teacher was posted to a region with no electricity or computer devices in the school.

So he decided to create cardboard computers that have all the parts of a regular desktop computer as a learning aid.

According to Godfred, he has had some talks with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) to provide at least one computer but funds have still not come in yet

Godfred is an innovative Ghanaian teacher who teaches at the Addaekrom DA Primary School, Addaekope in the Eastern Region.

“We don’t have power here. So I use a solar charger to keep my phone on, for instance. I usually charge the power bank during the day and then power my phone at night. Despite this situation, we have to learn,” he said.

According to the innovative teacher, the students are never able to see in real-time how the mouse or keyboard works but they are beginning to have a good idea of the process, and their participation keeps improving.

“What we do is, the entire class would move the mouse to a certain direction and one student would act as the curser and follow the movement. I then show them what the system unit, monitor and other parts of the computer do,” Kwasi added.

The passionate teacher also mentioned that he has had talks with a charity organization called Crowd Africa Foundation to provide at least one computer and a generator to power it but as yet, that project stalls.

Source: SIGGY

2 Likes

Re: ICT Teacher Creates Computer Parts From Cardboard Paper To Teach (Photos) by AiLife: 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
Watch Microsoft ship him a truckload of PCs soon

1 Like

Re: ICT Teacher Creates Computer Parts From Cardboard Paper To Teach (Photos) by Waterlilly: 8:21am On Mar 12, 2022
simple! he wants help. Nigerians, please do the needful

(1) (Reply)

The Oxford Nigeria Scholarship In African Studies [UK] / College Or Sith Form / Any Ogwa Girls', Imo State Alumni Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.