Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

All The Homesteaders, Let's Talk Homesteading - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / All The Homesteaders, Let's Talk Homesteading (399 Views)

A Thread For Homesteaders / Homesteading Tips: Livestock / Homesteading Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All The Homesteaders, Let's Talk Homesteading by DCatt: 8:47pm On Mar 11, 2022
Why are there no videos on Homesteading in Nigeria to encourage people? Is it that people don't like nature, want organic foods or they just love city life. I have a farm not too far from Epe I'm in the process of adding a residential building to. If you are into it please give tips on how safe it is and what to expect. I won't be moving in there for another 7 years but it's never too early to start making plans.

1 Like

Re: All The Homesteaders, Let's Talk Homesteading by greenermodels: 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2022
DCatt:
Why are there no videos on Homesteading in Nigeria to encourage people? Is it that people don't like nature, want organic foods or they just love city life. I have a farm not too far from Epe I'm in the process of adding a residential building to. If you are into it please give tips on how safe it is and what to expect. I won't be moving in there for another 7 years but it's never too early to start making plans.
I got here while searching for information on homesteading, I'm in a similar situation, let's rub mind together.
Re: All The Homesteaders, Let's Talk Homesteading by PEG33: 12:52am On Oct 04, 2023
I think the reason why there isn’t a lot of videos about it here is probably due to lack of awareness and insecurity. When someone goes to the bush here the lack of security provided by the government is non existent so if one should have a farmland here one should provide security for his/her own self, something not a lot of people are comfortable doing. I personally haven’t started homesteading but it’s something I am planning on doing, I also plan on implementing permaculture because not only would it benefit me but the community I would live in and also the environment and to any person who may occupy the land after am gone, but most importantly because permaculture it’s the most resilient and self sustaining farming philosophy/technique.

How about you? Are there any plans you have made for your homestead?.

(1) (Reply)

Video: My Experience In Goat Bloating. / How To Cut The Cost Of Labour Feeding Your Chickens With BSF / Sheep Farming: 10 Interesting Facts About Sheep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.