Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell (291 Views)

Polish Farmers Beg Putin To Fix Their Government, Ukraine & EU (Photos) / Sweden Ends Neutrality, Joins Finland In Seeking NATO Membership / Ukraine: EU To Ban Media Orgainisations Russia Today And Sputnik (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by MangekyoAlt: 10:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell has said that the West made a mistake by offering NATO membership to Ukraine, Sputnik news agency has reported.

"I am ready to admit that we have made a number of mistakes and that we have lost the opportunity of Russia's rapprochement with the West … There are moments that we could have done better, there are things that we proposed and then could not implement, such as the promise that Ukraine and Georgia would become part of NATO …I think it's a mistake to make promises you can't deliver," Borrell told the TF1 broadcaster.

In December, Russia had asked NATO not to include Ukraine and Georgia in their military alliance, adding that their inclusion would pose a threat to its security.

In fact, many believed that Russia launched an all-out attack against Ukraine because President Zelensky wanted to be a part of NATO.

Putin justified his invasion of Ukraine by stating that Russia’s goal was is that Ukraine is freed from oppression and "cleansed of the Nazis".

Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky, however, has lost interest in the alliance. According to him, this happened after realizing that the organization was not ready to accept them.

"Regarding NATO, I have cooled down regarding this question long ago after we understood that NATO is not prepared to accept Ukraine," Zelensky told ABC News in an exclusive interview that aired Monday night.

Zelensky added: "The alliance is afraid of controversial things and confrontation with Russia. I never wanted to be a country which is begging something on its knees. We are not going to be that country, and I don't want to be that president."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wionews.com/world/west-made-mistake-by-promising-nato-membership-to-ukraine-eu-foreign-policy-chief-borrell-461270/amp

Cc; Lalasticlacla, Mynd44
Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by Pierocash(m): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Zelensky you see your life.

I was saying it a couple of weeks that Ukraine can never join NATO,they won't accept them.

NATO knows that accepting Ukraine into their fold is a direct confrontation with Russia which may trigger world war3.

Aside that,Ukraine is not qualified to be part of NATO

1 Like

Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by Totilopussylick(m): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2022
Russia vs Ukraine
Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by MangekyoAlt: 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2022
Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by Nbotee(m): 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2022
It is only Putin apologists that are claiming he invaded Ukraine becos of their NATO alliance while. He has stated time and time again that they decided on a special military intervention in Ukraine to free d Donbass region and give assistance to the Luhansk and Donesk Republics by fighting off the Ukrainians for them..
Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by KaideeGee(m): 11:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
And you shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother, for glory and for beauty.
Exodus 28:2 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/exo.28.2.NKJV
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/isa.61.10.NKJV

Let's Pray.
Holy God thank You for another opportunity to come into Your presence and learn from You. We humbly ask for Your guidance and leadership, direct us in the right way and cause us to do Your will always. Glorify Yourself. Please have mercy on us for all our shortcomings and sins, dedicate us unto Yourself and take all the glory. We pray in the name of Jesus. Amen. Thank You for You have heard and have done more than we could ever imagine.

Dear Followers of Christ,
The above scripture held me spellbound for some reason. I just felt happy all of a sudden. God has intricate and meticulous plans for us and they are not without Glory and beauty.
Holiness is synonymous with righteousness to some extent. Holiness beautifies and glorifies a person. I think one of the reasons God is so renowned in His greatness, glory and beauty is because of His holiness. And God wants us to be like Him.
If even an earthly ornament of to give glory, how much more the real thing. I can't imagine the splendor Adam and Eve commanded before their fall. The undiluted Glory of God.
Heaven will be so dazzling, won't miss it for the world.
Peace.
Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by seunny4lif(m): 11:26pm On Mar 11, 2022
Still USA and her allies have become anti Russia to a new level, maybe it’s time to remove letter Z

1 Like

Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by nawa4naija(m): 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2022
This guy is still wallowing in stupidity
Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by sapientia(m): 1:15am On Mar 12, 2022
His opinion

Nothing justifies Russia invading Ukraine

Even if they want to join NATO
Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by NGpatriot: 1:19am On Mar 12, 2022
This is actually fake News..
Re: West Made A Mistake By Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine: EU Chief, Borrell by tonididdy(m): 3:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
What is the essence of NATO?
Why should anyone have a military alliance? Against what?
Why create enemies that do not exist before?
Can't the world live and trade in peace?

My questions are directed at NATO itself?.... The US and UK will bring the downfall of this planet.

(1) (Reply)

Today Mark 70 Years Osagyefo Dr Kwame Nkrumah Became First Ghana Prime Minister / German President Explains Ukrainian Rejection / After Twitter Rejects Musk Offer, Desantis And Musk Team Up With A New Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.