Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,799 members, 7,798,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Birth In Mexico - Travel Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / Birth In Mexico (3756 Views)

Welcome To New Mexico / New Mexico Vlog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 1:09am On Mar 12, 2022
Hello everyone! smiley
This topic was created to discuss childbirth in Mexico and share experience that might help others.

3 Likes

Re: Birth In Mexico by beautyuche: 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
I see this thread was just created. Weldone
Re: Birth In Mexico by Marimart: 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
beautyuche:
I see this thread was just created. Weldone
Yes I saw it too, please tell us all you can tell us about this.
Re: Birth In Mexico by beautyuche: 6:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
Marimart:

Yes I saw it too, please tell us all you can tell us about this.

Okay as I journey along and round off the process. I can share and also respond to questions.
Re: Birth In Mexico by Marimart: 7:59pm On Mar 13, 2022
beautyuche:

Okay as I journey along and round off the process. I can share and also respond to questions.
Ok then but pls can you share with us the process of getting France visa, pls?
Re: Birth In Mexico by beautyuche: 6:34am On Mar 14, 2022
Marimart:

Ok then but pls can you share with us the process of getting France visa, pls?

Go on the France visa thread all you need will be there
Re: Birth In Mexico by Marimart: 7:25am On Mar 14, 2022
beautyuche:

Go on the France visa thread all you need will be there
I didn't see the thread, For clarity sake pls, can you share in plain writing the requirements and various documents to tender and the visa cost/price, thanks.
Re: Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 10:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
I'm not sure about France visa but here's some interesting information I've found:
If you are from a country that requires you to apply for a visa for Mexico, you do not need one if you already have a valid Schengen visa or a valid visa for:

The United States
Canada
Japan
The United Kingdom

Also there must be agencies that can give you all the information on documents, timings and prices, did you google agencies?

Marimart:

I didn't see the thread, For clarity sake pls, can you share in plain writing the requirements and various documents to tender and the visa cost/price, thanks.
Re: Birth In Mexico by Marimart: 7:13am On Mar 15, 2022
MexicoPassport:
I'm not sure about France visa but here's some interesting information I've found:
If you are from a country that requires you to apply for a visa for Mexico, you do not need one if you already have a valid Schengen visa or a valid visa for:

The United States
Canada
Japan
The United Kingdom

Also there must be agencies that can give you all the information on documents, timings and prices, did you google agencies?

I didn't check any of the agencies because bi want to do it myself,pls tell me more about the place and the opportunity over there, thanks.
Re: Birth In Mexico by beautyuche: 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
Marimart:

I didn't check any of the agencies because bi want to do it myself,pls tell me more about the place and the opportunity over there, thanks.

You can do it yourself. I feel you are better off on the thread as I may not be online to answer questions. I had to screenshot it thread. Just so you know any Schengen country will do.

1 Like

Re: Birth In Mexico by Marimart: 7:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
beautyuche:

You can do it yourself. I feel you are better off on the thread as I may not be online to answer questions. I had to screenshot it thread. Just so you know any Schengen country will do.
It's okay, you have contributed your quota,over to the elders in the house, please help us all who have genuine intentions,my kids must not suffer what I'm suffering.
Re: Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2022
I can give you more information on what happens after arrival to Mexico, as I have people in Mexico providing the information to me smiley
1) Natural birth costs about $2,500, while C-section will be about +350-500$. These prices are approximate, so if might be possible to find a cheaper option.
2) Apartments are about $1500 per month, you may also find a cheaper option, but it can be pretty hard. The price depends on location too.
3) It's recommended to arrive on 34th week of pregnancy. Definitely no later than 36th week as most the airlines simply won't let you on a plane.
4) The terms of documents(after childbirth) depend on the queue in the state authorities. On average it's 1 to 2 months, but it depends on many factors. There are ways to speed some steps, but you need to know people that can help with that.
5) All close relatives (parents, grandparents, siblings under the age of 18) can apply for permanent residency and then for Mexican citizenship too.

Marimart:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 9:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Birth In Mexico by sharone21(f): 2:05am On Mar 21, 2022
MexicoPassport:
I can give you more information on what happens after arrival to Mexico, as I have people in Mexico providing the information to me smiley
1) Natural birth costs about $2,500, while C-section will be about +350-500$. These prices are approximate, so if might be possible to find a cheaper option.
2) Apartments are about $1500 per month, you may also find a cheaper option, but it can be pretty hard. The price depends on location too.
3) It's recommended to arrive on 34th week of pregnancy. Definitely no later than 36th week as most the airlines simply won't let you on a plane.
4) The terms of documents(after childbirth) depend on the queue in the state authorities. On average it's 1 to 2 months, but it depends on many factors. There are ways to speed some steps, but you need to know people that can help with that.
5) All close relatives (parents, grandparents, siblings under the age of 18) can apply for permanent residency and then for Mexican citizenship too.

Seems a CS is cheaper than vaginal birth.

1 Like

Re: Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2022
No, it will cost $350-$500 more than vaginal birth smiley

sharone21:

Seems a CS is cheaper than vaginal birth.

1 Like

Re: Birth In Mexico by benpedro(m): 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
What an interesting thread we've got here.

1 Like

Re: Birth In Mexico by lordally(m): 12:16am On Mar 22, 2022
benpedro:

Benpedro man of the year!!! Omo it's been a while oooo!!! Choi!!!
Re: Birth In Mexico by Marimart: 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
benpedro:
Hello brother,I sent you a mail but you haven't replIed..
Re: Birth In Mexico by TobyTreasure: 4:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
Re: Birth In Mexico by Jay122(f): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
Hello everyone
Please what are the benefits of having Mexican PR as a Nigerian? How long does one have to stay in Mexico to obtain the citizenship? Can I also process my PR from Nigeria just Incase the process takes too long in Mexico? My EDD is in October and I plan on using my 10 year UK visa. BA has a direct 10 hour flight from london to Cancun which is the shortest I have come across.

1 Like

Re: Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2022
Jay122:
Hello everyone
Please what are the benefits of having Mexican PR as a Nigerian? How long does one have to stay in Mexico to obtain the citizenship? Can I also process my PR from Nigeria just Incase the process takes too long in Mexico? My EDD is in October and I plan on using my 10 year UK visa. BA has a direct 10 hour flight from london to Cancun which is the shortest I have come across.

A Permanent Resident Card gives the holder similar rights to an actual Mexico citizen, excluding the right to vote. As such, with a Mexican Permanent Resident Card: You are allowed to work without having to get a work permit.
You may apply for free health insurance. Here you can find details about the Mexico healthcare system and health insurance for expats.
You only have to apply once – since it is indefinite, there is no need to renew it every one to two years.
You can enter and leave Mexico as many times as you want
To obtain Mexican citizenship you need to live in the country for two years. At the same time, you have the right to leave for 180 days in total for two years.
As a citizen, you would have full rights to vote and live without fear of being deported.

I don't think that it's possible to process your PR from Nigeria. But there are some ways to speed some steps if you know the right people and how the system works.

Feel free to contact if you have more questions smiley
Re: Birth In Mexico by dreaonit: 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
MexicoPassport:

A Permanent Resident Card gives the holder similar rights to an actual Mexico citizen, excluding the right to vote. As such, with a Mexican Permanent Resident Card: You are allowed to work without having to get a work permit.
You may apply for free health insurance. Here you can find details about the Mexico healthcare system and health insurance for expats.
You only have to apply once – since it is indefinite, there is no need to renew it every one to two years.
You can enter and leave Mexico as many times as you want
To obtain Mexican citizenship you need to live in the country for two years. At the same time, you have the right to leave for 180 days in total for two years.
As a citizen, you would have full rights to vote and live without fear of being deported.

I don't think that it's possible to process your PR from Nigeria. But there are some ways to speed some steps if you know the right people and how the system works.

Feel free to contact if you have more questions smiley

Tell us about picking up life in Mexico. I mean what job can be done before getting resident permit and after getting resident permit.
What is the pay like?
Re: Birth In Mexico by beautyuche: 3:01pm On Apr 03, 2022
dreaonit:

Tell us about picking up life in Mexico. I mean what job can be done before getting resident permit and after getting resident permit.
What is the pay like?

I will not advise going to mexico for greener pasture. Most people (Nigerians, Russians etc) heading that way are there for their passport because of its strength. Infact as soon as they get the passport they head to Canada or apply for USA visa which they get 10 years or move to Europe etc. There is nothing much in the country other than how strong their passport is. Plus it’s now considered a retirement home for most olderAmericans and Canadians due to low taxes.

1 Like

Re: Birth In Mexico by dreaonit: 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2022
beautyuche:

I will not advise going to mexico for greener pasture. Most people (Nigerians, Russians etc) heading that way are there for their passport because of its strength. Infact as soon as they get the passport they head to Canada or apply for USA visa which they get 10 years or move to Europe etc. There is nothing much in the country other than how strong their passport is. Plus it’s now considered a retirement home for most olderAmericans and Canadians due to low taxes.

Thanks for update.
I thought as much too, but we have our people still leaving in there and in Brazil.
Which one do you think is softer between Brazil and Mexico
Re: Birth In Mexico by beautyuche: 3:45am On Apr 04, 2022
dreaonit:

Thanks for update.
I thought as much too, but we have our people still leaving in there and in Brazil.
Which one do you think is softer between Brazil and Mexico

Honestly I do not know. My friend who lives in Brazil actually advised I come to mexico his reason is less bureaucracy with documentation. Well maybe you head over to the Brazil thread to ask questions too
Re: Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 12:32pm On Apr 07, 2022
dreaonit:

What is the pay like?

As far as I know, Mexicans don't discriminate, you can get any job if you are qualified for it. To get information on salaries you can open Mexican websites and go through vacancies.

1 Like

Re: Birth In Mexico by dreaonit: 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
With my research,I think if one is able to learn the language. To pickup life, getting jobs will be easier.

2 Likes

Re: Birth In Mexico by DUPSYSPARKLE: 5:56pm On May 14, 2022
Hello grateful I found this thread.

Please if anybody has tried giving birth in Mexico. Please advise on how it is, how to fast track documentation, hospital and all.

Your response will be appreciated
Re: Birth In Mexico by JapaProfessor: 7:37pm On May 22, 2022
dreaonit:
With my research,I think if one is able to learn the language. To pickup life, getting jobs will be easier.

Yes and the language is Spanish, be ready to commit some good amount of time to reach a functional level of proficiency.
Re: Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 11:50am On May 28, 2022
Beautiful pictures of a Nigerian family in Mexico! [/color] smiley

They came to Mexico to give birth, and now their baby owns a passport with visa-free entrance to 150 countries, including Schengen countries, Canada, Japan, The UK, etc. [color=#990000]
grin

Did you know that if a baby is born in Mexico, besides the benefits of a second passport for the baby, the whole family can apply for a Permanent Residence? Including grandparents and siblings under the age of 18! [color=#990000][/color] wink

Re: Birth In Mexico by MexicoPassport(f): 12:11pm On May 31, 2022
Mexico’s passport is ranked 25th in terms of freedom of movement. So, Mexican passport holders can travel visa-free, with an eVisa, and get a visa on arrival to over 150 countries worldwide. These visa liberalization arrangements exist as a result of bilateral agreements between Mexico and other countries.

Here is a review of where Mexican citizens visit visa-free or get a visa on arrival.

https://visaguide.world/visa-free-countries/mexico-passport/

1 Like

Re: Birth In Mexico by MrsDanex: 10:34am On Jun 16, 2022
Can we meet? My Edd is also October. I have Mexico in view?

Jay122:
Hello everyone

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Info About Valuehandlers / New / The Best Time To Buy That Domestic And International Air Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.