Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers (19353 Views)

Appeal Court Dismisses Suit Against Umahi, deputy / Benard Odoh Reacts To Court Judgement Sacking Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers / Court Sack Of Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers In Order — Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers by Echoban: 3:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
All I see here is a plus for APC.

Indirectly no aggrieved APC member is defecting, hence will help APC 2023 Presidencial election. Nothing like cross carpeting again.
Re: Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers by clockwisereport: 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2022
Krismas:
grin come o! Wot of Edo state and Cross Rivers?

Obaseki contested and won under PDP

Umahi= Ayade= Matawalle. Same fate awaits them

2 Likes

Re: Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers by redsun(m): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2022
Echoban:
All I see here is a plus for APC.

Indirectly no aggrieved APC member is defecting, hence will help APC 2023 Presidencial election. Nothing like cross carpeting again.

They can cross carpets but they have to resign from their positions for a fresh election to be conducted under their new platforms. I think the judge should have gone further to mandate a fresh governorship election in the state.
Re: Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers by RuddyFusion(m): 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
Funflipper:

The judgement is going destroy the half democracy you people enjoy in Nigerian because the new governor will go back to court to demand that his 4 year tenure starts counting from the day he collected his certificate of return. Iyang made a logical mistake.

He doesn't need to go to court, it starts counting from the day he collects the cert
Re: Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers by RuddyFusion(m): 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
tonyson010:

a law should be made to restrict cross movement from party members who wants to contest. If I want to contest an election, I should NOT have being a member of another political party for less than 4 years, starting from d year of election.

Yes
Re: Sack Of Governor Umahi, Deputy, Lawmakers: What Nigeria Stands To Gain - Lawyers by Hamiltonii: 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
sammyranking:

I agree with you on this. It’s all political agenda for 2023. To be honest umahi is doing well for his people why sack him now when he as like 11months left?
Why now??
Because he decamped.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Akinwunmi Adesina, President Of African Development Bank / PHOTOS: Released Chibok Girls’ Parents Arrive In Abuja / Whose ‘Handiwork’ Is Kaduna-Abuja Rail? Obasanjo Or Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.