Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) (3243 Views)

Untold Reasons Why Most Young Igbos Dislike Tinubu / I'm Igbo I Do Not Hate The Yoruba People , I Only Dislike Tinubu / The Attacks On Reno Proves The Nature Of Most Igbos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by ecolime(m): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
Good evening guys!

Please I beg you in the name of whatever you serve, don't derail this thread by turning it to tribal fights. I want us to learn and want others to learn also.

I am Yoruba and this thread is for us to learn.

First of all, everyone here knows I dislike Tinubu and all that he represents. The simple reason is because he was majorly the brain behind the coalition that brought in the present government into power.

GEJ's government had a lot of goodwill coming into power but his tenure was wasteful and millions of us thought Buhari would do better. We voted enmasse for Buhari/Osinbajo but alas, it turned out to be the worst ever decision by many. We were simply deceived.

Things have gone from Bad to worst in the last 7 years and most of those (Tinubu, Bakare, etc.) that Protested and rallied people against GEJs government see nothing wrong with it. So to me, Tinubu can't bring in an evil government, stay silent for 8 years and then convince me he's the best thing we need. NEVER

I mostly live in the SS and the people of the place have long moved on from the the defeat of their "son". The region even seem more peaceful now than when GEJ was in power.

I do not want to believe it's ethnic hatred for Yorubas like some people always say because Obasanjo is Yoruba. He was president for 8 years, he has always spoken against Biafra, he fought in the civil war but yet Igbos like him more than Yorubas or so it seem. This might be disputed but we all know he enjoyed massive votes from SE compared to the SW where he hails from.

So, to my South East guys... Do we share the same sentiments? Do you dislike Tinubu for his role in bringing in this government or are there other reasons? None of my friends offline have given me clear cut reason hence the reason why I brought it here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by ecolime(m): 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2022
To Tinubu fan boys and paid goons. This is a big opportunity to learn and be strategic.

It's good to know the minds of your adversaries if you need to be ahead of them.

For instance, America is currently spending millions if not billions of dollars to understand Putin's mind.

I hope you learn, strategize but loose the party ticket though *evil laughter* lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by helinues: 6:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
You can never get your answers.

Infact, more like you go use head nod bees hives..

Just wait for it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 12, 2022
ecolime:
To Tinubu fan boys and paid goons. This is also
Yve started,the OP said pls don't turn it into a tribal fight.
He has a point,you can't keep hating on a man online just cos he declared his ambition of being a president.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
I dont think they hate him.
Igbos just want business,
Everybody else just wants to be able to eat three square meals.

I think of the whole lot contesting, Tinubu is the most qualified.
Reason being….
You don’t send a sheep to lead wolves.
Moghalu is a sheep, Osinanjo is a cow, Sowore is just a goat, naa stubborn e stubborn.

The people who tried, Igboho, Kanu, funsho Williams?
Where are they today?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Ttalk: 7:00pm On Mar 12, 2022
There is no genuine reason other than fear of political domination, Some Igbo feel threatened seeing a big status like Tinubu contesting against others who can't match up to him.

Naturally underdogs enjoy sympathy in any contest and Tinubu is seen as too bullish for many peoples liking. Surprisingly, this is not limited to only Igbo as we see so many Yoruba who don't want Tinubu as President but would prefer Osinbajo or someone else.

However, the way some Igbo have taken what should be a natural feelings is beyond comprehension. Looking at it deeply you'll see a physiological war between Igbo and Yoruba dated back to independence. The two ethnics are on a supremacist contest, there was no cry when Igbo we're winning during the military era but have result to intimidation when they lost out at the dawn of democracy.

They do not hate Tinubu, they hate any Yoruba man that is capable of defeating them in the political contest

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Agbalanze(m): 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
I'm an igbo man. Personally, I do not hate him. I only prefer a young & vibrant technocrat to take the mantle of leadership.

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by IgweOfNnewi: 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
Igbos naturally harbor hate against the Yorubas not just Tinubu, they hate awolowo, hate MKO, hate Obasanjo, they hate Osibanjo because he is the vice president, they showed their hatred toward akinwumi Adeshina when USA was against him, so it is not about Tinubu, it is their personality, they are responsible for the first coup in which they killed and rob others, they were also responsible for the civil war, they hate hate, they hate Fulani, they hate yoruba, they hate APC, they even hate some south south people, they accused Tinubu of supporting buhari but they hailed unreverend father contractor mbaka ejike for doing the same

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Rollsnjaguar(m): 7:07pm On Mar 12, 2022
Senator Oluremi Tinubu says, she don't trust Igbos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=yPwWoKWvclw

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Rollsnjaguar(m): 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2022
Oba of Lagos said Igbos will perish in the Lagoon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87u255UM6Ro

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by LegendHero(m): 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ask them why they hate Awolowo and Abiola.

That will give you the clue on why Tinubu inherited the hatred from them.

Even to most of them they don’t actually know why they hate him, it’s just some sort of bandwagon effect.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by buckeyemedia: 7:13pm On Mar 12, 2022
Rollsnjaguar:
Oba of Lagos said Igbos will perish in the Lagoon

https://m.youtube.cowatch?v=87u255UM6Ro
What does that have to do with Tinubu? They hate APC for dislodging their lover pdp.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Rollsnjaguar(m): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2022
buckeyemedia:
What does that have to do with Tinubu?

They are all working for Tinubu.

Even during election, Igbo dominated areas are always flash point. Because they use thugs to ensure that Igbos don't vote.

https://dailytrust.com/amp/stop-harassing-igbos-bode-george-tells-tinubu

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by heniford2: 7:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
Who is tinubu? undecided undecided have never had that name b4

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Is04970: 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
The erosion ridden redmudland dwellers hate everything that has semblance of development. That's how they're wired.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by History555: 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
ecolime:
Good evening guys!

Please I beg you in the name of whatever you serve, don't derail this thread by turning it to tribal fights. I want us to learn and want others to learn also.

First of all, everyone here knows I dislike Tinubu and all that he represents. The simple reason is because he was majorly the brain behind the coalition that brought in the present government into power.

GEJ's government had a lot of goodwill coming into power but his tenure was wasteful and millions of us thought Buhari would do better. We voted enmasse for Buhari/Osinbajo but alas, it turned out to be the worst ever decision by many. We were simply deceived.

Things have gone from Bad to worst in the last 7 years and most of those (Tinubu, Bakare, etc.) that Protested and rallied people against GEJs government see nothing wrong with it. So to me, Tinubu can't bring in an evil government, stay silent for 8 years and then convince me he's the best thing we need. NEVER

I mostly live in the SS and the people of the place have long moved on from the the defeat of their "son". The region even seem more peaceful now than when GEJ was in power.

I do not want to believe it's ethnic hatred for Yorubas like some people always say because Obasanjo is Yoruba. He was president for 8 years, he has always spoken against Biafra, he fought in the civil war but yet Igbos like him more than Yorubas or so it seem. This might be disputed but we all know he enjoyed massive votes from SE compared to the SW where he hails from.

So, to my South East guys... Do we share the same sentiments? Do you dislike Tinubu for his role in bringing in this government or are there other reasons? None of my friends offline have given me clear cut reason hence the reason why I brought it here.

Oga don't judge by opinions on nairaland. In a nation of 200 million, nairaland has 1million plus members of which only few hundreds regularly post comments. Abi are people on romance, investment, food, health discussing tinubu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by History555: 7:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ttalk:
There is no genuine reason other than fear of political domination, Some Igbo feel threatened seeing a big status like Tinubu contesting against others who can't match up to him.

Naturally underdogs enjoy sympathy in any contest and Tinubu is seen as too bullish for many peoples liking. Surprisingly, this is not limited to only Igbo as we see so many Yoruba who don't want Tinubu as President but would prefer Osinbajo or someone else.

However, the way some Igbo have taken what should be a natural feelings is beyond comprehension. Looking at it deeply you'll see a physiological war between Igbo and Yoruba dated back to independence. The two ethnics are on a supremacist contest, there was no cry when Igbo we're winning during the military era but have lost out at the dawn of democracy.

They do not hate Tinubu, they hate any Yoruba man that is capable of defeating them in the political contest

Can u explain how lgbos were winning during the military era

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by History555: 7:23pm On Mar 12, 2022
LegendHero:
Ask them why they hate Awolowo and Abiola.

That will give you the clue on why Tinubu inherited the hatred from them.

Even to most of them they don’t actually know why they hate him, it’s just some sort of bandwagon effect.

U are right. Igbos hate awo and abiola. But yorubas love obj and ibb who denied them their mandate. Yeye dey smell.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by LLiKYekoba: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2022
Why do yoruba (especially their muslims) hate Peter Obi or any Igbo politician that they feel is becoming too relevant or powerful at federal level?

Why did yorubas see no good in Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala but supported and protected Kemi Adeosun the certificate-forger?

Before the advent of the internet, yorubas paint their politicians as performers and water down Igbo politicians and Igbo interests in their newspapers.

Why is the Nation's newspaper anti-Igbo and even rabidly more anti-Biafra than even daily trust that is fulani-run?

If there is any bad news about Igbos,the nation newspaper carries it first, but you will never see them report ritualistic killings that happens everyday in yorubaland.

Who own the Nation's newspaper? Tinubu.

Why are pro-tinubu rabid anti-Igbos that we have known for many years on this forum. Are they promoting Tinubu to come and 'deal with Ibo' just as they promised in 2015 in their Febuhari and March4Buhari campaigns?

Listen good, Igbos have started identifying those against their interests in the country and are not afraid to call them out..
One nigeria till everybody get sense.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Ttalk: 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2022
History555:

Can u explain how lgbos were winning during the military era

Remember the role Chukwumerije played during military era.

Abacha One million match led by Kanu

Humphrey Nwosu that annulled election.

Igbo leaders were used during military era to prolong their tenure, weaken the South and scuttled 1993 election

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by niggadee(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ttalk:

However, the way some Igbo have taken what should be a natural feelings is beyond comprehension. Looking at it deeply you'll see a physiological war between Igbo and Yoruba dated back to independence. The two ethnics are on a supremacist contest, there was no cry when Igbo we're winning during the military era but have result to intimidation when they lost out at the dawn of democracy.

that's spot on bro

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Philistine(m): 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2022
ecolime:
Good evening guys!

Igbos like Obasanjo? You are definitely a kid. Go and do your research properly.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by NGpatriot: 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
After being raised to hate other people, you actually don't need any reason to hate, you just hate because that's all you know how to do.

They not only hate other people, they also hate themselves..

Good example, go to the Imo update thread, the haters are their own igbo brothers from Anambra..

Hating is a way of life so hating Tinubu is more like what they do, it's natural and asking them why they hate the man is a waste of time because they can not and won't tell you why..

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by History555: 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ttalk:

Remember the role Chukwumerije played during military era.

Abacha One million match

Humphrey Nwosu that annulled election.

Igbo leaders were used during military era to prolong their tenure, weaken the South and scuttled 1993 election

Humphrey nwosu did not annul the election. He declared mko winner and paid the price for that. Go and read up.

U hve a problem with chukwumerije, ordinary info minister like lie Muhammad but u don't have problem with shonekan that did not recognise abiola victory, diya no 2 man in abacha govt, adisa, olarenwaju, obasanjo, oni of ife sijuwade who played active role in abacha government

U have problem with daniel kanu a young hustler trying to cash out. But don't have a problem with all the yorubas appointed ministers and ambassadors under abacha. Why did they not reject their appointments abi is it not the same hustling they are doing that daniel kalu was doing.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
IgweOfNnewi:
Igbos naturally harbor hate against the Yorubas not just Tinubu, they hate awolowo, hate MKO, hate Obasanjo, they hate Osibanjo because he is the vice president, they showed their hatred toward akinwumi Adeshina when USA was against him, so it is not about Tinubu, it is their personality, they are responsible for the first coup in which they killed and rob others, they were also responsible for the civil war, they hate hate, they hate Fulani, they hate yoruba, they hate APC, they even hate some south south people, they accused Tinubu of supporting buhari but they hailed unreverend father contractor mbaka ejike for doing the same

Igbos voted massively for Obasanjo even against Ojukwu who was contesting at that time.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Burruchaga71(m): 7:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
Why must Igbos like Tinubu?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Ttalk: 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Igbos voted massively for Obasanjo even against Ojukwu who was contesting at that time.

That doesn't mean they like him.

They voted him because they hate AD a Yoruba candidate the more.

The hate is not about individual, it is against Yoruba and what Yoruba stands for

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by ecolime(m): 7:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
Philistine:

Igbos like Obasanjo? You are definitely a kid. Go and do your research properly.
Yes, I am a kid but old enough to know the bulk of their population voted for OBJ over Ekwueme and Ojukwu.

This thread is for us to see things from their own angle. Why not let the Igbos speak their mind?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by Philistine(m): 7:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
ecolime:

Yes, I am a kid but old enough to know the bulk of their population voted for OBJ over Ekwueme and Ojukwu.

This thread is for us to see things from their own angle. Why not let the Igbos speak their mind?
Ekwueme never contested for president post in the general election. Igbos had no other option than to vote Obj in 1999 because the other candidate was Falae, which was the Yoruba candidate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by jyz200(m): 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
ecolime:
Good evening guys!

You’re not a Yoruba person

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
Ttalk:

That doesn't mean they don't hate him.

They voted him because they hate AD candidate the more.

Nope Obasanjo government favored igbos and made some of their sons billionaires.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Igbos Dislike Tinubu? (learning Purpose ONLY) by gidgiddy: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2022
As an Igbo man, I dont like Tinubu at all. But it is important to note that many Igbos in the South East dont know who Tinubu is. Tinubu has never been a national figure, he was just the Governor of a State

However, here are 4 reasons an Igbo man like me hates Tinubu

1) Igbos dont like God-fathers, and the fact that Tinubu still decides who will become Governor of Lagos state, many years after leaving that position, is nauseating to most Igbos

2) Tinubu's contribution to bringing in the disastrous regime of Buhari dont make him a friend of most Igbos

3) Tinubu has come to represent the face of greed of the Yoruba ruling class who are aware that the South West have had their uninterrupted 8 years with Obasanjo, but are quite happy to cheat the the SS who have had one term, and the SE that has had no term

4) Tinubu has always been a shady character. This is the only Presidential aspirant whose name, age and origins are all in doubt

22 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yorubas And Igbos Should Never Have Been Put Together In One Country / Hausa Man Compares Security In Igbo Land And The North / 2024 Predictions - Mark It Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.