Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. (1359 Views)

Deadly Canadian Sniper "Wali" Reappears, Blasts Russian Propaganda That He Died / Canadian World Deadliest Sniper "Wali" Killed In Ukraine / Nuclear Power Plant: Heavy Fighting Ongoing As Ukrainian Forces Resist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by ENGINEERG(m): 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2022
World's Best Sniper 'Wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia.

According to reports, Wali reached Ukraine last week along with three former Canadian soldiers.

As Russia intensifies its attack in Ukraine, a former sniper of the Canadian forces, Wali, known as the “world’s deadliest sniper" who can “deliver 40 kills on a productive day", has reportedly joined the Ukrainian Army.

According to news reports, Wali reached Ukraine last week along with three former Canadian soldiers, after responding to the calls by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to join the war.

Here’s all you need to know about the deadly sniper:

He is a marksman and known only by his nickname ‘Wali’—a name that was given to him by Afghans. ‘Wali’ means ‘guardian’ in Arabic.
The 40-year-old is a French-Canadian computer scientist and had served in the Royal Canadian 22nd Regiment in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was fought in the Afghanistan war twice, once in Kandahar and once in Helmand.
According to express.co.uk, Wali said he decided to join the Ukrainian volunteer forces as a “firefighter who hears the alarm ringing." “A week ago, I was still programming stuff. Now I’m grabbing anti-tank missiles in a warehouse to kill people… That’s my reality right now. I know it’s just awful, but me, in my head, when I see images of destruction in Ukraine, it is my son that I see, in danger and who is suffering," he was quoted as saying by CBC News.
He is married and has a one-year-old son. His wife’s identity is being protected for security reasons.
He reportedly holds record for the world’s longest confirmed kill of 3.5km when he fired a McMillan Tac-50 rifle to shoot an IS militant in Mosul.
He was a member of the elite JTF-2 team where the sniper with the farthest distance kill record was achieved (3,540 meters).
He has reportedly joined the Ukraine army and already killed four Russian soldiers.
Some news reports said that Ukrainians welcomed him with hugs and handshakes when he reached the country last week.

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/world/worlds-best-sniper-wali-has-joined-ukraines-forces-against-russia-heres-all-you-need-to-know-about-him-4868783.html

1 Share

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by ENGINEERG(m): 2:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
What a record holder, shot and killed at 3.5km..That's staggering

4 Likes

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Minime10(f): 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
If he ever returns a live from the Ukrainian war, he should thank his stars

6 Likes

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by tit(f): 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2022
No cry ooo
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Pierocash(m): 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2022
What a staggering record to die with.

Rest in peace in advance Wali

5 Likes

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Goodmarlian: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2022
This one will just die by missile.

2 Likes

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by ENGINEERG(m): 2:43pm On Mar 13, 2022
His work made him renowned already . Everyone must die one day...But coward die while living.
Sane people must support fighters against oppression from Russia.
Cos Russia just have fear at this century and the war is about their fear
Pierocash:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by foryourmindlol: 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
Pierocash:

Better to die doing what you love than to die being a coward and a slave like a person from Nigger-Area.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by EastisBae: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2022
Like seriously: "he could deliver 40 kills on a productive day" cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by foryourmindlol: 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2022
EastisBae:
Like seriously: "he could deliver 40 kills on a productive day" cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yeah, everything is propaganda to Nigerians. I wonder who even allowed you people on the internet.

You use a phone that is not connected to any wire to browse and communicate with people at the other end of the world yet when the same people who built your phone tell you their other achievements, you doubt it because your brain is lazy and muddled with sticky clay. cheesy
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by neutralmind: 3:07pm On Mar 13, 2022
This is seriously serious
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Sadr: 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
A sniper that can kill from 3.5km versus a missile that was recently shot from 3000m to a military base in Lyiv near Polish border without missing. Hmmm

4 Likes

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by ENGINEERG(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
Exactly
EastisBae:

1 Like

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by ENGINEERG(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2022
In war, only missile is not used...he has his area too
Sadr:
A sniper that can kill from 3.5km versus a missile that was recently shot from 3000m to a military base in Lyiv near Polish border without missing. Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
Me I want to become a sniper. E get one woman and two men I want to kill desperately. Any person who wants to train me on it should DM me. Am at Asaba, delta state

1 Like

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by talk2hb1(m): 4:46pm On Mar 13, 2022
EastisBae:
Meself dey reason am ooo, like say dead body Na product

1 Like

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by tit(f): 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2022
Russia has dealth with mercenary Wali already
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Moeman: 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2022
Pierocash:
REST IN PEACE in advance Wali
see savagery
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by RoyalBoutique(m): 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
R.I.P in advance

Such a wasted talent

1 Like

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by mysticwarrior(m): 9:40pm On Mar 13, 2022
He would be killed by a Russian airstrike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Fortune109: 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2022
He go still collect grin
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 13, 2022
Sadr:
cawards fight or bomb from air and send missiles, while real men fight on land, see me see you. Russia relies on bombing, which is indiscriminate
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Praxtech: 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2022
Vickyvice:
cawards like NATO and the USA fight or bomb from air and send missiles, while real men fight on land, see me see you. Russia relies on bombing, which i.s indiscriminate
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by Mossadd: 8:47am On Mar 14, 2022
Vickyvice:
cawards fight or bomb from air and send missiles, while real men fight on land, see me see you. Russia relies on bombing, which is indiscriminate
your brain is full of gari na ak47 to ak49 fight USA did in Libya and Iraq?
Re: World's Best Sniper 'wali' Has Joined Ukrainian Forces Against Russia. by tonididdy(m): 9:05am On Mar 14, 2022
What's the update on this "god" snipper grin

... Abe missile don land for e head? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Afghanistan Helicopter Crash Kills Navy Seals From Unit That Got Osama Bin Laden / 'Crusader' Trump Put Jesus Christ, Christmas And Prayer Back In White House / Wikileaks - Hillary Clinton Vs Colonel Gaddafi vs Berlusconi In War Of Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.