Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) (63989 Views)

What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today / Rain Of Worms Falls Down The Sky In China, Residents Panic (Photos) / Hundreds Of Birds Drop From The Sky In Mexico & Die (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Newton2024: 10:22am On Mar 14, 2022
[s]
Totilopussylick:
Could be that the bird came from Edo state
[/s]Too boring.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by bigbossmendy: 10:22am On Mar 14, 2022
Richsteemit:
It is a spiritual drone bird used by afonja skull miner to track the skull of bald people they are going to mine. Afonja I hail unaaa grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by bigbossmendy: 10:24am On Mar 14, 2022
Richsteemit:
It is a spiritual drone bird used by afonja skull miner to track the skull of bald people they are going to mine. Afonja I hail unaaa grin

hope say you no dey bald? grin grin
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by kay29000(m): 10:29am On Mar 14, 2022
Disclaimer12:
Most likely a project from a research institute, the bird has a tracker on ! U guys just killed someone final project and tag it evil cheesy cheesy

Crazy.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by kay29000(m): 10:30am On Mar 14, 2022
Loewe:
Those are identification rings for migratory birds that were captured by conservationists and released back into the wild...

But how do you tell the unlettered, crude, superstitious African man this? cheesy grin

Even some of our pastors would pour anointing oil on it and claim it was a witch. cheesy grin

Exactly. Illiteracy is really a disease.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Whiteways: 10:34am On Mar 14, 2022
Lol u o well
Richsteemit:
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by proclinician: 10:38am On Mar 14, 2022
Where's the skull?

Abi bird don run the delivery finish say make he rest
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by novaman: 10:41am On Mar 14, 2022
My Nigeria people will continue to embarrass me on social media. A tag to identify the bird and these people are calling it an evil bird.

Next one church will say it happened during their 7 days prayers.

We spend too much time watching nonsense on DStv instead of trying to watch at least one documentary everyday

Burgerlomo
post=111020788:

That's probably going to be a fucking identification tag.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Eagban(m): 10:41am On Mar 14, 2022
That Bird probably came from Norway. Sometime ago, around the year 2011 my friend shot one of these in Koko, Warri north LGA of Delta. We made a research over the internet and found out the bird came from an institution in Norway, so we sent them an e-mail informing of the bird(with the ring) and they gave us an address to send the ring back to them. They told us it was a study on the MIGRATORY PATTERN of the bird... They later sent my friend a commendation letter for returning the ring.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Burgerlomo: 10:43am On Mar 14, 2022
novaman:
My Nigeria people will continue to embarrass me on social media. A tag to identify the bird and these people are calling it an evil bird.

Next one church will say it happened during their 7 days prayers.

We spend too much time watching nonsense on DStv instead of trying to watch at least one documentary everyday

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 14, 2022
It's an errand bird.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Richsteemit: 10:58am On Mar 14, 2022
bigbossmendy:

hope say you no dey bald? grin grin

I no dey bald. Na mumu dey take anything for nairaland personal. Catching cruise on nairaland sweet die grin grin
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by timchogon81: 11:09am On Mar 14, 2022
For tracking obviously
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by musicwriter(m): 11:13am On Mar 14, 2022
CharleyBright:
This is a bird being used for Research. The ring on its leg is a tag to identify it to the research purpose.
Probably to monitor the bird's migration pattern and distance covered at a particular time.
We see these being done severally on National Geography channels.
Some of those rings have chips embedded in them to transmit informations about the birds activity.

That's it.

There's certainly a GPS chip somewhere there. And if it's submitting info in real time, then the research center probably already knows that the bird is in trouble somewhere in Nigeria because it won't register new data.

But to the backward people it's jazz.

Only science shall set us free. Africa will never develop without investment in grassroots science.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by khalids: 11:13am On Mar 14, 2022
The level of ignorance here is alarming......
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by watersideboys: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2022
MARKone:
The level of backwardness in this country is alarming.

grin grin grin grin
Fear such people in large groups. They can do anything
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Greenback: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2022
It fell from the sky....did it land on its head?! grin grin grin
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by President2001(m): 11:22am On Mar 14, 2022
This is not real is fake, is witchcraft bird the other day is white clothes
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Thorondor: 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2022
Udene gba ona
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by naturefellow(m): 12:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Richsteemit:
toxic tribalism

1 Like

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by b3llo(m): 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2022
Disclaimer12:
Most likely a project from a research institute, the bird has a tracker on ! U guys just killed someone final project and tag it evil cheesy cheesy
the person will now have carry over grin

1 Like

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by meobizy(f): 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2022
Africans are a happily ignorant group of people. Yuck.
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by slowice(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2022
Awa sophisticated brothers say the is a witch grin
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2022
Richsteemit:
Another dweeb in the building undecided
You are a disgrace to the condom factory because I don’t understand why that stupid condom had to burst undecided
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by iPresh4s(m): 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2022
Maybe na fitness tracker
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
emmanwandud:
Those rings are trackers and not some imaginary stuff you thinking
Thank you !

Abeg help me tell them !!! Before they start shouting Village People cool

1 Like

Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
Person mama
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by CashVessel(m): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2022
It's a bird that is tagged by conservationists to monitor the seasonal migration of these species
Re: Bird With Cipher Ring Falls From Sky In Ondo, Causing Confusion (Photo) by gr8child(m): 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2022
When they tell people to go to school so that they can reason properly, they'll be shouting "school na scam" and be looking for how to do online fraud. See now, dem don gather surround the bird and are marvelling at a simple identification tag as if say na magic. What's now the difference between them and those hidden rainforest tribes that have never even seen civilisation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Captures Crocodile In Lagos Island. Drags It On The Ground, Police Spotted / Optimus: Elon Musk Is Building A Lifelike Human Tesla ROBOT Next Year (Pix) / Bat Shot Dead In An Office In Onitsha, Anambara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.