Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Excessive Guilt! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Excessive Guilt! (829 Views)

Excessive Sweating / Dangers Of Excessive Smoking, A Victim You Should See / PHOTOS: Young Boy Knocked Unconscious Due To Excessive Intake Of Tramadol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excessive Guilt! by seunmohmoh(f): 1:37am On Mar 14, 2022
When you keep feeling guilty about something you've done in the past for a long time. Guilt of of a simple, silly or big mistake. What do you do?
Re: Excessive Guilt! by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
I don't know. You are supposed to forgive yourself and let go of the past, but I haven't been able to do that and there are times when I want to scream and kick myself in the head for massively fuck1ng up in the past.
I guess the best you and I can do is decide to do better and make sure not to repeat our previous mistakes.
Re: Excessive Guilt! by seunmohmoh(f): 4:11am On Mar 17, 2022
GabrielYulaw:
I don't know. You are supposed to forgive yourself and let go of the past, but I haven't been able to do that and there are times when I want to scream and kick myself in the head for massively fuck1ng up in the past.
I guess the best you and I can do is decide to do better and make sure not to repeat our previous mistakes.
Even if I eventually forget one mistake, another one will still pop up.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Guilt! by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
seunmohmoh:

You and I are imperfect, so stop expecting perfection. It's a tough world out there. Just do the best you can and make a point of learning from your mistakes.
Re: Excessive Guilt! by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
seunmohmoh:
When you keep feeling guilty about something you've done in the past for a long time. Guilt of of a simple, silly or big mistake. What do you do?
You are most likely dealing with clinical depression and the way around it is go see a professional mental health therapist to help get you on best treatment for your particular case. undecided
Re: Excessive Guilt! by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
seunmohmoh:
Most likely ruminations associated with depression. undecided
Re: Excessive Guilt! by seunmohmoh(f): 1:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
GabrielYulaw:

You and I are imperfect, so stop expecting perfection. It's a tough world out there. Just do the best you can and make a point of learning from your mistakes.
OK. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Excessive Guilt! by seunmohmoh(f): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are most likely dealing with clinical depression and the way around it is go see a professional mental health therapist to help get you on best treatment for your particular case. undecided
I don't think it's necessary. Everyone feels guilt. I just wanna know how to control it.
Re: Excessive Guilt! by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
seunmohmoh:
I don't think it's necessary. Everyone feels guilt. I just wanna know how to control it.
Counseling is a form of treatment and in Counseling you learn ways to identify your triggers and better manage them.. undecided

You can always focus your mind on tackling each of your guilt and Shame by yourself in any way you can except repressing them....but again... I will only recommend professional care this because I have seen how many fail at properly handling their mental health related issues. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Guilt! by seunmohmoh(f): 2:12am On Mar 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Counseling is a form of treatment and in Counseling you learn ways to identify your triggers and better manage them.. undecided

You can always focus your mind on tackling each of your guilt and Shame by yourself in any way you can except repressing them....but again... I will only recommend professional care this because I have seen how many fail at properly handling their mental health related issues. undecided
OK. Thank you!
Re: Excessive Guilt! by Fisiryorh(m): 11:08pm On May 17, 2022
It's the fact that my brain could have playback of the event/s even after I have forgiven myself years after, that hurts me more....

Really wish I could have amnesia just to get rid of some old replays in my brain (Just a silly thought)....sometimes tho..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Males Should Avoid To Prevent Infertility/low Sperm Count / 4 Ways On How To Prevent Mouth Odour When You Wake Up In The Morning / Biodisc For Health & Wellness ,also Learn To Earn $550

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.