Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion (7932 Views)

Court To Hear Norah Okafor's Case Against EFCC Today / Norah Okafor Sues EFCC, Demands N20m Compensation Over Home Invasion [pix] / NUJ Criticises EFCC Over Invasion Of Norah Okafor's Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by Metrix147: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2022
A Federal High Court sitting in Umuahia, Abia State on Monday ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC to pay the sum of N3.5m to journalist, Norah Okafor for illegally invading her privacy in the dead of the night on 23rd September, 2021.

The court presided over by Justice Thomas C Johnson also ordered the anti-graft agency to tender apology in two national dailies to the victim.

ABN TV reports that operatives of the EFCC had on 23rd September, 2021 invaded the journalist’s home in Umuahia, destroying peremeter fencing, doors and other personal belongings.

The officials were said to be on a sting operation in search of suspected internet fraudsters but in a wrong address.

Okafor told the court that she was traumatized and humiliated by the incident.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2022/03/court-orders-efcc-to-pay-abia-journalist-okafor-n3-5m-damages-over-privacy-invasion-with-apology/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by Totilopussylick(m): 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Audio compensation

11 Likes

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
End ASUU Strike now... Incessant strikes make students to lose interest and do things like Yahoo , kidnapping , prostitution

18 Likes

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by whemmytopsy(m): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Like they ever obey the rule of law when it's against them.
Shishi dey no go pay.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by JayCynic(m): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Nigeria needs to have a law similar to America's second amendment, law enforcement personnel feel like demi-gods in this country. Imagine invading someone's house in the thick of the night without a warrant, try it in Brooklyn if they won't blow away your skull.

15 Likes

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by zeal22(m): 4:13pm On Mar 14, 2022
Make dem pay oh
Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by seunlayi(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
This shows how lazy efcc operatives can be. The nature of their work ought to give them victory in the prosecution of 90% of suspect they arrested if they did a proper investigation before doing the last thing "arrest" of the suspect after properly nailing the suspect to the crime but behold, the reverse is the case, they prefer to arrest before investigation ie packing a group of 60 youths with only 2 of them bn charge to court. By the time the rest 58 started to sue them for illegal arrest, the commission will become a failure and lack the trust of people.

In order to cover their lazyness, they supposed to go after politicians which we all know to be corrupted and which we all know that they can't escape any genuine investigation without bn charged for corruption or related offence.

Efcc was setup like a striker given the opportunity to play penalty kick without the keeper on the goal post. But Our striker efcc will kick the ball off target 95 times and only hit target 5 times.

Kudos to NDLEA for their recent victories in three war against drugs

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by Yankiss(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Chei, in the wrong address. Why the hurry na? Why not verify properly? The amount seems too small for the damage done. I can imagine that kind of incident for someone with no skeleton in her cupboard.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by superCleanworks(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
3.5 million is too small for such harassment and trauma. Not to talk of cost of repairs and the defamation of character. 35 million would have been a better figure.

But even as small as the bill is.... Will this ever happen?

1 Like

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by Awesomeking: 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
I fear the day police or efcc will get hold of my phone because of my honest songwriting gig.. All of my clients are foreigners from other countries.. Its crazy how efcc operates.. Barging into people's homes is one thing but why destroying property and physically assaulting people?

This country dey scare me honestly... The worst part is that they can kill and frame someone as an Internet fraudster

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by liftedud(m): 4:14pm On Mar 14, 2022
Court please follow up and see its paid to her ooo

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by Ethannathan(m): 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
O
Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by xpressionx(m): 4:15pm On Mar 14, 2022
Dem go pay?
Our law enforcements are lawless
Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by Brendaniel: 4:16pm On Mar 14, 2022
They need to change the law for this compensation of a thing, if the compensation awarded by a court against any security agency to any citizen on the grounds of human rights violation is not paid within 3 months, then an automatic debit from the agency's account with the CBN to the citizen's account will take place.

By the time they are using part of their salaries for citizens compensations their eye will clear...

3 Likes

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by SmartPolician: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
I talk am before and I go talk am again: Na EFCC money I go take buy house for Lekki Phase I cheesy

Make dem come invade my house at 3am

4 Likes

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by kent2cky: 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
About time they started paying for gross unprofesionalism.

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by Thinktwicemybro: 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
Another win against the useless Nigeria police force. Abba kyari judgement loading.....

Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by H2ho(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good Move...You don't invade without warrant that's the law angry
Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by iCauseTrouble: 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
1 naira, you no go see. Na Naija we dey
Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by deekseen(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
More of this please.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Thank God there's a silver lining in the clouds of our judicial system.

Do you have packages you want delivered within Lagos?
We offer as fast as 3 hours delivery services. Most of our deliveries are completed same day, at most 24 hours.

Contact us today - see signature/profile for more information.
Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by Wtedu: 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
Very good one for efcc
Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by gr8child(m): 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
Good luck to her collecting that money.
Re: Court Awards Norah Okafor N3.5m Compensation Over EFCC Invasion by definitelyME(m): 4:21pm On Mar 14, 2022
The fact still remains-

Nigeria is a useless cuntree with useless leaders, leading useless people to a useless destination..

I just wish this World would just end, let all of us just die...

Rubbish angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okada Rider Strips To Evade Arrest. / Wife Sets Husband And Her Sister Ablaze After She Caught Them On Bed- Photos. / Kidnapped Priest Released (son)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.