Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

What Are Some Of The Mistakes You'll Avoid When Buying A New Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are Some Of The Mistakes You'll Avoid When Buying A New Smartphone (676 Views)

Must-have Accessories For Your New Smartphone / How To Switch To A New Smartphone Without Losing Your Whatsapp Chats / 5 Key Considerations For Purchasing A New Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Some Of The Mistakes You'll Avoid When Buying A New Smartphone by OneKinGuy(m): 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2022
So let's discuss about some of the mistakes we've made when buying a new smartphone. Here goes mine;

I'm never buying a phone with LCD display agian and here is my reason. My current phone is the poco x3 pro. This Is by no means a bad phone as actually it has most of the specs I need. The only place am not impressed is with the display as it's LCD. Normally, I won't find any problem with this or even be able to tell the difference between an amoled and lcd, but having my previous phone( RedmiNote10) be an amoled, it felt like I just downgraded my entire smartphone experience. Outside under sunlight, I can barely use the phone on max birghtness. Indoors, I need to crank up brightness a bit to enjoy the display. This problem isn't limited to poco devices, but lcd phones in general.

So with that said, I'm never getting any phone with LCD display.

Share yours!

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Mistakes You'll Avoid When Buying A New Smartphone by d3cod3r(m): 7:02am On Mar 15, 2022
I understand you bro. 99.9% of the time na display you dey look when using your phone. That's why any downgrade is noticeable. As for me anything not Amoled with ppi of 400 and above is a no for me. I haven't experienced above 60hz sha. My next phone will include it. That's why I'm put off buy all these 720p and 1080p big phones, their ppi suffers terribly.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Mistakes You'll Avoid When Buying A New Smartphone by OneKinGuy(m): 12:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
d3cod3r:
I understand you bro. 99.9% of the time na display you dey look when using your phone. That's why any downgrade is noticeable. As for me anything not Amoled with ppi of 400 and above is a no for me. I haven't experienced above 60hz sha. My next phone will include it. That's why I'm put off buy all these 720p and 1080p big phones, their ppi suffers terribly.
Since most phone including budget, midrange and flagship now comes with at least 90hz refresh rate, I think you have lots of options.
Re: What Are Some Of The Mistakes You'll Avoid When Buying A New Smartphone by d3cod3r(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
OneKinGuy:

Since most phone including budget, midrange and flagship now comes with at least 90hz refresh rate, I think you have lots of options.
Not lots. Just s22

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Mistakes You'll Avoid When Buying A New Smartphone by MrAndre07: 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
OneKinGuy:

Are you selling the phone or you know anyone selling Poco x3 Pro or the GT? What is the condition of the phone?

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Types Of Data On Your Phone? / Can This Mifi Be Unlocked / Infinix Confirms First Helio G99 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.