Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Five Mobile Online Lending Banks Shut Down By Fgn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Mobile Online Lending Banks Shut Down By Fgn (679 Views)

Markets, Schools, Banks Shut In Onitsha, Nnewi Over Gunmen Threats / Total Revenue Earned By FGN Between 1999 - 2021 / Statement Of The World Igbo Congress On Abduction Of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu By FGN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Mobile Online Lending Banks Shut Down By Fgn by ezighi: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2022
I heard that federal Competition Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) in conjunction with ICPC shut down five online Lending Banks for illegal operations in Nigeria. The affected companies are GoCash, OKash, EasyCredit, Kashkash, Speedy Choice, Easy Moni, and Sokoloan.

I am writing to find out what should persons who have already borrowed money from them do now?.
Please I will appreciate urgent response.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Five Mobile Online Lending Banks Shut Down By Fgn by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2022
ezighi:
I heard that federal Competition Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC) in conjunction with ICPC shut down five online Lending Banks for illegal operations in Nigeria. The affected companies are GoCash, OKash, EasyCredit, Kashkash, Speedy Choice, Easy Moni, and Sokoloan.

I am writing to find out what should persons who have already borrowed money from them do now?.
Please I will appreciate urgent response.
Thank you

No one knows for now.

But it is possible that the debt would be handed over to AMCON, who may find ways of collecting it...OR the companies would remain suspended till they regularize their status with government and the ban is lifted. (second option more likely)

But at this time no one knows. Above is speculation.
Re: Five Mobile Online Lending Banks Shut Down By Fgn by ezighi: 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2022
Thanks for the reply. That means it is better for one to wait and see the next action of government. Repaying now may not even be the best option since they said orders have been sent to their banks for their bank accounts to be frozen. Please what do you think?
Re: Five Mobile Online Lending Banks Shut Down By Fgn by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
ezighi:
Thanks for the reply. That means it is better for one to wait and see the next action of government. Repaying now may not even be the best option since they said orders have been sent to their banks for their bank accounts to be frozen. Please what do you think?

As i said, no one knows. Too early to say
Re: Five Mobile Online Lending Banks Shut Down By Fgn by ezighi: 5:07pm On Mar 14, 2022
Backbencher2:

As i said, no one knows. Too early to say

Okay thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Dr. Jeff Nnamani? / Nigerian Police 2022 Recruitment: Shortlisted Candidates By Political Zones / Owo Church Killing: 'they Were Throwing Bombs And Shooting'- Eyewitness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.