Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,571 members, 7,850,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:22 AM

Russian Families Turn To Ukrainian Hotline In Desperate Search For Lost Soldiers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Families Turn To Ukrainian Hotline In Desperate Search For Lost Soldiers (200 Views)

Too Hot: Female Russian Spy Disguising As Girlfriend To Ukrainian Pilot Busted / Russian Families Turn To Ukrainian Hotline In Desperate Search For Lost Soldiers / Top Aide To Ukrainian President Survives Assassination Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Families Turn To Ukrainian Hotline In Desperate Search For Lost Soldiers by wwwihy: 5:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
"Excuse me for disturbing you, I'm calling regarding my brother."
"Do you have any information about my husband?"
"Hello hotline, is this the place that you can find out if a person is alive?"
These are excerpts from audio recordings made to a Ukrainian government-run hotline. Mothers and fathers, wives, siblings and others are engaged in a desperate search for their loved ones as Russia's war with Ukraine extends seemingly without end.
The shaky voices at the end of the line are not calling to search for Ukrainians, however -- they are looking for information on Russian soldiers.
In recordings shared exclusively with CNN by the Ukrainian officials operating the hotline, the desperation and uncertainty in the callers' voices sheds light on how tightly Moscow is controlling communications about the war.
The recordings indicate that many Russian soldiers seemed to not have known what their plans were or why they were being deployed, and bolster reports of Russian soldiers being denied communication with their families.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/07/europe/ukraine-hotline-russian-soldiers-intl-cmd/index.html
Re: Russian Families Turn To Ukrainian Hotline In Desperate Search For Lost Soldiers by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2022
honestly i thought Ukraine would have collapsed by now. Internet war veterans will rate Russia behind USA as the most powerful country. I'm beginning to think that Russia is overrated.
Re: Russian Families Turn To Ukrainian Hotline In Desperate Search For Lost Soldiers by XXXXTENTACION: 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2022
Do the Russian soldiers not have mobile phones abi dem no dey carry phone go war Am confused please explain...
Re: Russian Families Turn To Ukrainian Hotline In Desperate Search For Lost Soldiers by tonididdy(m): 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2022
undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

African 4years Old Boy Who Knows The Name Of America President / Court Frees Man Convicted Of Assassinating Ex- Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandh / Ukrainian Refugees Land In Manitoba, Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.