Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,323 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Young Lady Celebrates Bagging Scholarship In UK Varsity To Study Architecture - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Young Lady Celebrates Bagging Scholarship In UK Varsity To Study Architecture (159 Views)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Bagging A PhD In Mathematics At 27 (Photos) / Ikpeazu Challenges Abia Varsity To Make Research On Alternative To Cow Meat / Lady Celebrates Her Matriculation At Mother's Fish Stand, Soibi Ibibo Jack Helps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Young Lady Celebrates Bagging Scholarship In UK Varsity To Study Architecture by CampussNews: 8:09pm On Mar 14, 2022
Update from SIGGY .ng

A young lady identified as Aisha Janki Akinola studying architecture at Edinburgh University has recounted how her high school teacher discouraged her from studying architecture because she is a female, Siggy reports.

Sharing her story on LinkedIn, the lady said her teacher told her that Architecture is not an ideal job for a woman and advised her to study Medicine and Surgery instead.

Aisha, who never gives up on her dream revealed that three years later she bagged a fully-funded scholarship on the course of her desire (Architecture) in a world-class university.

Her post reads: “When I told my high school teacher about my aspirations to become an architect, he said it wasn’t an ideal job for a woman and suggested I studied medicine instead.”

“Three years later, I’m studying architecture at a world class university on a fully funded scholarship and gaining transformative leadership experience. “

“What if I decided to follow the path that people chose for me? It is time to break the bias and stereotypes around gender roles. Young girls can and should be encouraged to dream big instead of cutting their wings. It is okay to be different because more times than not, that makes you a gem, a very rare gem.”

Source: SIGGY

Re: Young Lady Celebrates Bagging Scholarship In UK Varsity To Study Architecture by adefitim(m): 9:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
The real slay queen

Congratulations

(1) (Reply)

Mathematician In The House / EKSU 40th Anniversary: 16,433 Graduands, 278 Bag First Class / Rate My Contents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.