Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Master Your Camera Settings - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Master Your Camera Settings (201 Views)

Know Your Camera / How To Use Latest Spark VPN Settings File For MTN Free Browsing Cheat 2018 / Latest MTN 0.0KB Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat Settings For Spark VPN, August 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Master Your Camera Settings by Mufflietharsh: 7:25am On Mar 15, 2022
PHOTOGRAPHY FOR BLOGGERS: MASTER YOUR CAMERA SETTINGS
This is my second article on helping you learn how to use your camera. If you want to read my first article about getting to know your camera, click here. This article is going to show you how three of the settings I talked about in my last article (shutter speed, aperture, and ISO) work together. Remember, I am not a professional photographer, just a mom who was looking to take better pictures of her baby.

Read More : [url=conflict-news.com/titanfall-2-origin-overlay-not-working]origin overlay not working titanfall 2 [/url]

When your camera is on auto, it takes into account the light available and makes adjustments to be sure enough light reaches the sensors to take the picture. When you put your camera on manual, you need to make sure enough light reaches the sensor so that your picture turns out. How do you do that? By adjusting your shutter speed or aperture.

Let’s look at some pictures to see what changing the settings will do to your picture.

Settings

Shutter speed 1/800

Aperture 1.8

ISO 100

Read More : wish-ender quest 2021

As you can see in this picture only a small part is in focus, mainly my daughter (or really, her hand).

If you want to have more of the picture in focus, then you will need to change the aperture. Making the aperture narrow (so a higher number) would result in a picture that was completely dark, since less light is making it to the sensor. This means we also have to change the shutter speed.

Settings

Shutter speed 1/30

Aperture 22

ISO 100

In this picture everything is in focus, but it is still a little too dark, so we will need to change the shutter speed again.

Read More : how do you take care of petunias

Settings

Shutter speed 1/6

Aperture 22

ISO 100

Here you can see what happens when you have a slow shutter speed. The flowers are a little bit out of focus due to camera movement, and my daughter is a bit blurry since she was moving around. So we need a faster shutter speed, but we will also need to bump up the ISO in order to make the picture light enough,

Settings

Shutter speed 1/25

Aperture 22

ISO 400

Here is the picture with everything in focus.

Here are a few more examples of how you have to change the settings of your camera to insure your pictures turn out.

Settings

shutter speed 1/4000

Aperture 1.8

Settings

Shutter speed 1/20

Aperture 22

As a general rule, the wider your aperture is (remember that means a smaller number) the faster your shutter speed can be. As you make your aperture narrower (larger number) you need to have a slower shutter speed in order to have enough light to take a picture.

Now let’s say you want to take pictures of movement, or perhaps you want to freeze movement. To do this you need to adjust your shutter speed
Settings

Shutter speed 1/3200

Aperture 1.8

With this picture, I wanted to freeze the movement of the water, so I used a quick shutter speed. Since the shutter speed was quick, I needed the aperture wide.

Read More : names for lip gloss business

Settings

Shutter speed 1/20

Aperture 18

With this picture I wanted to capture the movement of the water, so it looked like it was flowing over the rocks. To do this I used a slower shutter speed. Since the shutter was open for a longer time, there was more time for light to reach the sensors. If I had kept the aperture at 1.8 I would have had a white picture, so I adjusted it to make sure the picture wasn’t too white.

I hope that this article helped give you a better idea of how the settings work together. In my last article I will be giving other tips and tricks for taking pictures, so stay tuned!

Read More : is a prescription required for bravecto?

(1) (Reply)

Singer Davido Is Yet To Change My Life As Promised, 2 Yrs After I Named My Child / Snoop Dogg Fire Brand Art Work By 400 Level Student Of Uniuyo - Politics - Naira / Blogs Indexing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.